Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By iSeb
i recon it will be out of england, i recond ireland...
By Mcqueen_
I thought it would stay in England seen as the prize is winning tickets to see 3 England matches.
By Adam
Welcome to the Board, Ron!

:)
By Ell Mc
Aled are you going to be in any other country other than England for "wheres aled"?
By t36
I'm not Aled, and this is Aled's thread, so if anyone wants to shout at me for pretending to be Aled, go ahead.

Ron wrote:Aled, 4 things:

1) I'm 12 and present a radio show in my local Hospital, but want to go into the technical side (operating RCS Selecta/the Mixer). How old do you have to be to get onto/have a likely chance of getting on to Radio 1? Bearing in mind this is down in the south west, 120 miles from London.

If you're 12 and have a show, you're going in the right direction and you have PLENTY of time to get even more experience. And you obviously have the enthusiasm, so keep on the look out. Radio 1, being Radio 1, isn't the kind of place that takes on a lot of people for experience. Your age stops you from working within the BBC on a placement for starters, and 99.9% of the time you have to apply for specific experience positions as and when they crop up. So I would say in the next few years, build up as much experience as you can so that you can impress 'em! You've got a head start there...

2) Can you tell us some stuff about the Chris Moyles show Text Machine? I always send in texts and they never get read out, and I am convinced that you have banned my number...God knows why...

Again, I'm not Aled but I'm sure he'll reply as well. Some numbers CAN get banned but that probably doesn't apply to you unless you've been threatening the DJs or something! If Chris read out all the texts, you wouldn't hear much else during the show. And if he read out one, he'd get more, and more, and more. It's usually best to not read out many otherwise the whole show gets taken over. Chris isn't the kind of DJ who does dedications. If you want a text read out, do Dave Pearce (while he's still there) - that show is built around them!

3) This has probably been asked before, but what is your favourite back to the future movie?

4) Also, what is your favourite cheese?

I could answer that but you're probably not interested.

Anyway, sorry Aled!
By Aled
Ahh_Pathetic wrote:Aled do you have other work to do while 'on the road' or is this just like a holiday?

Excuse me!? A holiday. I must admit I thought this would be quite a doddle before I left London, but I must admit - it's REALLY hard work. Very tough actually. Really tough. I hope it gets easier as the tour goes on.
By Aled
Mk. wrote:Note to Aled: If the BB Update is not to return this year, I will be very very dissapointed...

Sorry.
By Aled
Mk. wrote:Note to Aled: If the BB Update is not to return this year, I will be very very dissapointed...

Actually I should add, it's not definitely off this year, I'm taken up with Where's Aled for now, so depending how the series is going by the time WA's finished we might start up again.
By Aled
Ell_2004 wrote:Aled are you going to be in any other country other than England for "wheres aled"?

yes.
By Aled
t36 wrote:I'm not Aled, and this is Aled's thread, so if anyone wants to shout at me for pretending to be Aled, go ahead.

1) I'm 12 and present a radio show in my local Hospital, but want to go into the technical side (operating RCS Selecta/the Mixer). How old do you have to be to get onto/have a likely chance of getting on to Radio 1? Bearing in mind this is down in the south west, 120 miles from London.

If you're 12 and have a show, you're going in the right direction and you have PLENTY of time to get even more experience. And you obviously have the enthusiasm, so keep on the look out. Radio 1, being Radio 1, isn't the kind of place that takes on a lot of people for experience. Your age stops you from working within the BBC on a placement for starters, and 99.9% of the time you have to apply for specific experience positions as and when they crop up. So I would say in the next few years, build up as much experience as you can so that you can impress 'em! You've got a head start there...

2) Can you tell us some stuff about the Chris Moyles show Text Machine? I always send in texts and they never get read out, and I am convinced that you have banned my number...God knows why...

Again, I'm not Aled but I'm sure he'll reply as well. Some numbers CAN get banned but that probably doesn't apply to you unless you've been threatening the DJs or something! If Chris read out all the texts, you wouldn't hear much else during the show. And if he read out one, he'd get more, and more, and more. It's usually best to not read out many otherwise the whole show gets taken over. Chris isn't the kind of DJ who does dedications. If you want a text read out, do Dave Pearce (while he's still there) - that show is built around them!

3) This has probably been asked before, but what is your favourite back to the future movie?

I could answer that but you're probably not interested.

Anyway, sorry Aled!

Very good answers!
By Aled

Thanks,
Ron

Hey Ron

I'm afraid I haven't got too much time to go into all the different avenues you could go down to get into Radio 1 as I'm on the tour and dial-up is very expensive from hotels! So, I'll answer the other questions for now with a view of coming back to the 1st biggie question later.

2) On a "bad" day we get around 5,000 texts - this can go to 20,000 on a good day, more if a big debate is going on. I'm afraid a lot of people's texts don't get read out. However, it's got a very high chance of being read as Chris', Rachel's, Dave's and my computer all have the texts up on our screens so do keep trying it may get on. generally speaking texts that get on are the ones that add something to the show or to the discussion that's going on at the moment. "I love you Chris", "Play **", of "f*ck off you fat c*nt" don't tend to get on air.

We can ban numbers but we get SO many barely anyone's ever banned - it would have to be a continued barrage of abuse before we go to the bother of banning you.

3) The first one

4) The cheap processed stuff! My favourite is on ham and cheese toasties!
By Uglybob
i hate processed cheese, the stuff that tastes like warm laminate sheets
By pip1984_2k
Aled.

I have a few mates who are at Aber uni, and I was wondering.
1) Was your parents café near a pub called Scholars?
2) Do u find the birds under the peir freaky? (and I mean bird, birds, not women, If uve bin to the pier in Aber u will understand, I hope?!?)

cheers, keep up the good work!
By Aled
pip1984_2k wrote:Aled.

I have a few mates who are at Aber uni, and I was wondering.
1) Was your parents café near a pub called Scholars?
2) Do u find the birds under the peir freaky? (and I mean bird, birds, not women, If uve bin to the pier in Aber u will understand, I hope?!?)

cheers, keep up the good work!

No we owned Morgan's Cafe - which is on Terrace Road, inbetween Lloyds Bank and Siop Y Pethe on the corner.
2) yes very freaky, after the summer they all gather in their thousands!
By Uglybob
it was cafe morgan
By jimmy g
Aled wrote:"f*ck off you fat c*nt" don't tend to get on air.

How many of those do you? I am not quite sure what people think they will achieve by wasting 10p like that.

Aled wrote:Excuse me!? A holiday. I must admit I thought this would be quite a doddle before I left London, but I must admit - it's REALLY hard work. Very tough actually. Really tough. I hope it gets easier as the tour goes on.

What else do you have to do?
By David
Uglybob wrote:i hate processed cheese

As the Shirehorses once sang "Processed cheese... what have they done?"

DL
By mungrymatt
Aled wrote:I'm afraid I haven't got too much time to go into all the different avenues you could go down to get into Radio 1 as I'm on the tour and dial-up is very expensive from hotels!

The bottomless BBC expenses account will be happy to pay, surely?!
By Ickle Angel
Aled, do you know if Chris still has his chair in Mojo bar in Leeds? I went there at the weekend and loved it although consumed far too many tequilla sunrises :D. I did have a quick glance around for his chair but couldnt see it. BTW for anyone that cares I sat in Ians chair and I think Morals was in some womans chair but I cant remember her name.
By Adam
Aled,

Whats going on with the Where's Aled page? A couple of mistakes. ;)
By gregs
Aled,

any chance you know what is the bed that chris uses for the euro 2004 stuff and where's aled?

gregs
By Mcqueen_
Adam wrote:Whats going on with the Where's Aled page? A couple of mistakes. ;)

What's up with it? :?
By Adam
Mcqueen wrote:
Adam wrote:Whats going on with the Where's Aled page? A couple of mistakes. ;)

What's up with it? :?

I would thought they'd do a spell check with the amount of people that view bbc pages. Also he was in Brighton for one of the days..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/wheresaled/

Should be sorted now Thanks Ian , yes all ok no[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]