Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By MC
#119737
I know. It's just apart from BB updates he wasn't really involved with the show so he may not have heard much - especially if he was working early mornings with Scott Mills
User avatar
By Adam
#119746
Aled wrote:
OK... out of all the posts I've seen on this site, this one cuts closest to the bone. The short answer to your question: "Who is actually thinking of the links on The Scott Mills show?" is 110%: me.

I've been responsible in the mechanics of Cradle of Filth. To my (slight) relief however the concept evolved last week with Scott and Will and I took it on. I could however have cancelled the feature but I disagree with your opinion. I don't know how old you are, but Scott and his features hit the target audience better than any other Presenter I've worked with.

I almost never have to ask the age of a listener interacting with a feature because they're always young. No exception with Cradle of Filth, we had a huge response to COF which is why I kept it going.

It was eclipsed however by out 1 Night Stand Ads which literally blocked our inboxes we had SUCH a huge response. I'm very proud of that one as that was my concept. That one WILL be coming back.

What's a CV link?

As for moyles... you can guarantee you'll find out ALL about where he went when he gets back on Monday!


Not everyone likes what they hear.. Surely its not something that bites that much? Okay, so I must of probably been only me that didnt like it. Tis funny to see people's rooms but at the same time it made me ill to think how people can live like that.

The reason it worked well is because Mills hits the target audience. I think he's not recongised as much as say Moyles but he just seems to work really well. Im surprised Radio One havent put him on a show later on in the day? Why on earth have they decided to put him on early breakfast?

Oh well - dont :cry: Obviously you should expect + and - feedback from people

CV Link. When Scott and Will asked the listeners to email their CV's and let them look at them.

Twas a great link I thought.
Last edited by Adam on Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
By jimmy g
#119896
MC wrote:Aled, I know you have Jonathan Pearce on the show on Friday


Whoooooooooo?

Aled - does Chris care that so many celebrities seem to hate him? I suppose that is a bit of a touchy issue, you don't have to answer that.

Also, do you mind that the spell check does not think you exist; it suggests ‘Aledo’.
By David
#119929
Jimmy G wrote:
MC wrote:Aled, I know you have Jonathan Pearce on the show on Friday


Whoooooooooo?


Surely you must know who Jonathan Pearce is? I'm not a big football fan but even I knew who he was before he came on the show.
User avatar
By Adam
#120008
Jimmy G wrote:
MC wrote:Aled, I know you have Jonathan Pearce on the show on Friday


Whoooooooooo?

Aled - does Chris care that so many celebrities seem to hate him? I suppose that is a bit of a touchy issue, you don't have to answer that.

Also, do you mind that the spell check does not think you exist; it suggests ‘Aledo’.


It makes good reading and radio to hear about who hates Moyles.

I personally think he doesnt give a *
User avatar
By Adam
#120010
Aled wrote:Would be honoured if that were true!

I'm being questioned because I know stuff about Chris and the show! Not quite the same :wink:


There's only so much one can ask Aled before its like - Right we know everything about him, Lets start talking about the show.

I personally like to see an official ask chris moyles thread.. fat chance of that ever happening hey..?

Aled wrote:Wes is great to work with. Chris, Scott and Wes are COMPLETELY different jocks and they pull different skills out in me.

(before you ask) Chris brings out my diplomatic skills, trying to think like him and providing material he might like

Scott pulls out my technical skills - we both work on an anorak level. So the more production I throw at him the more he uses, and the more he wants so the more I provide e.g. Packaged news', ads, Looped beds etc

Wes pulls out a more focused-in-control Aled (which is hard to get used to!). Wes deals with what's in front of him, I stay a link or two ahead of him and prepare that material for him so when he gets there I'm ready with what I want.


Twas a good answer there aled.

A Diplomatic, Technical and more focused in control Aled. Nice..

Is there any other R1DJ you'd like to be given the chance to work with? Like Colin and Edith or Zane Lowe for example?

Whats your thoughts on these people and their progression in their shows? Nice to see that Colin and Edith work well together on the Breakfast show.

How was Cardiff? Did you attend?
User avatar
By rob
#120015
Hi Aled,

I'm in love with this girl who I've known for ages, but am very shy about making the first move. What should I do? :oops:
User avatar
By Mr Dion
#120075
Mr Dion wrote:what do you think of this years FA compared to last years? i thinbk there is a lack of personality in the house this time and its quite boring.


riteo Aled...how about answering a question? just one? it seems you have replied to every post on the first page bar mine. i cant put into words the pain that i now feel.

also...do u like celine dion?
User avatar
By Nablo.
#120131
Well it was a crap question to begin with have you watched it? I don't mean the normal saturday show either.

Alistair is great, he's a funny guy and seems to oddly remind me of someone I know.
James ok not much to him only thing that seems to come across with him is his munkin thing.
Carolyne she seems fine hardly that boring a person.
Peter is hardly dull even if you don't like the fella you can hardly say he don't have a personality.
As for Alex she's just Alex which is great as she's no different to what she is like normally.
User avatar
By Adam
#120133
Suprised she said she was gay. I mean why? Didnt see that one coming.

Next Jordan will be saying she's had breast implants.
User avatar
By Uglybob
#120150
part one of aleds sweet sixteens

songs thats highest chart position was 16
a-g (put on songs that some might know)

ac/dc - who made who
amazulu - montego bay
peter andre - all night all right
anthrax - got the time
apache indian - arranged marraige
aphex twin - windowlicker
tasmin archer - in your care
arsenal fa cup song 1971
avalanches - since i left you
derek b - bad young brother
b*witched - jump down
beautiful south - bell bottomed tear
blur - to the end
david bowie - thursdays child
bobby brown & whitney houston - something in common
cartoon - aisy waisy
charlatans - love is the key
sarah connor feat tq - lets get back to bed boy
elvis costello - i dont wanna go to chelsea
depeche mode - policy of truth
dr alban - sing hallelujah
east 17 - someone to love
en vogue - free your mind
missy elliott - the rain
faith no more - digging the grave
fatboy slim - demons
sam fox - i only wanna be with u
green day - geek stink breath
User avatar
By Aled
#120235
Uglybob wrote:part one of aleds sweet sixteens

songs thats highest chart position was 16
a-g (put on songs that some might know)

ac/dc - who made who
amazulu - montego bay
peter andre - all night all right
anthrax - got the time
apache indian - arranged marraige
aphex twin - windowlicker
tasmin archer - in your care
arsenal fa cup song 1971
avalanches - since i left you
derek b - bad young brother
b*witched - jump down
beautiful south - bell bottomed tear
blur - to the end
david bowie - thursdays child
bobby brown & whitney houston - something in common
cartoon - aisy waisy
charlatans - love is the key
sarah connor feat tq - lets get back to bed boy
elvis costello - i dont wanna go to chelsea
depeche mode - policy of truth
dr alban - sing hallelujah
east 17 - someone to love
en vogue - free your mind
missy elliott - the rain
faith no more - digging the grave
fatboy slim - demons
sam fox - i only wanna be with u
green day - geek stink breath


My God! What's this? You doing my research for me? How did you find this out?
By MC
#120236
If they are correct then you've got to play Love is the Key Aled.

P.S Leeds just got beat 4-0 by Leicester so I just thought I'd warn you that Chris won't be in such a great mood tomorrow
By timb
#120247
i thought your feature today was very funny, well done. whos idea was it? and was it really a live surprise to chris?
By MC
#120262
Aled, do you put together the new slicker pre-news 'coming up' beds?
User avatar
By Jonny Hoare
#120336
Play more ACDC on the one....

Now you shoook me allllllllllllllllll night long!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Aled, can i firstly pass my congratulations on the rapidly improving Mills. When M+L eventualy move on- theres your under study.

Any new features on Moyles or just rehashes??
User avatar
By LJ
#120345
Hiya Aled, i just wondered was the reason behind asking people on this board for their fave Will moments the other day anything to do with Greyhead's announcement next week?
User avatar
By Aled
#120346
MC wrote:Aled, do you put together the new slicker pre-news 'coming up' beds?


Yes :D
User avatar
By Aled
#120347
timb wrote:i thought your feature today was very funny, well done. whos idea was it? and was it really a live surprise to chris?


Secret :D
User avatar
By Aled
#120348
Jonny Hoare wrote:Play more ACDC on the one....

Now you shoook me allllllllllllllllll night long!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Aled, can i firstly pass my congratulations on the rapidly improving Mills. When M+L eventualy move on- theres your under study.

Any new features on Moyles or just rehashes??


Mills is doing really good stuff lately.

As for Moyles. This isn't a joke. Watch this space a LOT of new stuff coming soon.
User avatar
By Aled
#120349
LJ wrote:Hiya Aled, i just wondered was the reason behind asking people on this board for their fave Will moments the other day anything to do with Greyhead's announcement next week?


Partly,

But I will be asking for the other best moments for the rest of the team as well!
User avatar
By Adam
#120353
is will converting to the dark side and bright lights of tv?
User avatar
By Aled
#120360
Ad wrote:is will converting to the dark side and bright lights of tv?


You'll need to wait till Monday to find out what the announcement is.
User avatar
By ~JACQUI~
#120363
hi Aled

whats your best song ever?
User avatar
By Adam
#120440
Aled wrote:
Ad wrote:is will converting to the dark side and bright lights of tv?


You'll need to wait till Monday to find out what the announcement is.


Cant wait.

Well - he's off to Produce Ri:se or something and you secertly applied for the job as The Chris Moyles Producer.

Producer Aled. Has a certain ring..
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 48

TCMS Unedited Wednesday October 16th, 2019 h[…]

Great show this morning, it’s live, Dave got a men[…]