Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Adam
aled.

thoughts on fa 2003? are you glad that alex won the competition?
By ninemaster
to be honest fame academy pop idol not my bag but saw alexs performance blew me away shiver down the spine and everything have not had that feeling since seeing the queen 1986 wembley video she deserves it.
PS to all those who remeber my small contribution to this board over my last year at uni hello - glad to hear the site is getting morre exposure via the show.
By Nablo.
Can you tell the BBC website people to get their facts about Alex correct for next time please, it's no Richard Landers Secondary School, it's just Richard Lander Secondary School.
By denz201
minor
By Sidders
Oh, 1 s difference. I dunno, you can't get the staff these days...
By Adam
Aled.

Is this the reason Will Kinder has moved on to TV land and left the Chris Moyles show?

Will we see changes in the way Chris Moyles does his show?

I really cant believe it.
By Ickle Angel
i thought that aswell because he used to produce Zoe Ball and probably thought when he heard that Chris was moving to Breakfast that he woiuld not like to do it again and left
By jimmy g
Aled - How long have you / Chris known about moving to breakfast. Are you looking forward to getting up early?
By Uglybob
Aled might be staying at 3pm though as hes a ba/producer.
By MC
One way to find out

Aled - are you moving to the breakfast show with Chris or staying in the afternoons working on Sara Cox's show?
By Aled
MC wrote:One way to find out

Aled - are you moving to the breakfast show with Chris or staying in the afternoons working on Sara Cox's show?

I'm moving to Breakfast with Chris. :D
By MC
excellent :D

what about Rachel?
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
aled do you get a pay rise? heh nevermind...

there will have to be new ideas if moyles cant talk about last nights drinking..
By Aled
MC wrote:excellent :D

what about Rachel?

As is Rachel!
By Adam
Aled,

What is your opionion on the reports that I have read regarding David Sneddon been given the push by his record bosses if he doesn't perform better than his last single did in the charts?

When David left FA, what interest does the BBC have in the artist that is created on their show?
Aled. wrote:How about some answers then?

Yeah, would be nice. Tell us what you know. Some inside information doesnt go a miss.
Aled. wrote:Would you want me, Dave and Rachel with him on Breakfast?

Silly question. Of course we want that. With Kinder rushing off with his P45, it would be stupid to break up the team even more. I think you'd have something to say if you where made to stay with Sara. Do have a wish to work on the Breakfast show or work with Sara Cox?
Aled. wrote:Would you want R1 to keep Chappers and Matt or bring George over?

Chappers would work well with Vitty, I think. They did well for Red Nose Day. I often enjoy hearing Chris talk to George. Who' s Matt? Does he read the news?
Aled. wrote:Would you want the tedious link? A new feature? Or how about a Tedious hour maybe? ?

The tedious link is fun. Would be excellent to have some new features.
Aled. wrote:If you really want Radio 1 back to where you believe it should be (there's not much support on these boards for Sara I notice) who would you put your most trusted show to to bring in the ratings and produce true class radio?

I wouldnt make the stupid descion of moving Moyles to breakfast.. There is no one at mind at the moment that could possibly replace the massive gap Chris Moyles was filling. Sara Cox is a spent force. Do you Managers really think people will listen to Sara Cox in the afternoon. People listening in London are spoilt for choice during the morning and late afternoon (going home time). I just think its a bad decsion.
Aled. wrote:If you were in charge of Radio 1 would you really put Colin and Edith and Moyles on your two top slots? Isn't there a fear it would be too samey?

No, of course not. Radio One decided to put Colin and Edith on the slot and I actually enjoyed waking up and listening to them do the stuff. The same could be said for Scott Mills. The management must be crazy - this cooper dude, what is he up too, eh?
Aled. wrote:** management do not waste their time talking to me about ideas so don't worry I'm not revealing anything in these questions - I don't know anything - I'm just genuinely interested in your opinions **

Even if your management did say something to you - you are unlikely to actually go and tell us lot. Managers should be encouraged to talk to their staff. Surely you talk to your Presenter and Producer.

Kinders off cos he didnt want to produce another Breakfast show.
By Mcqueen_
Hi,

I might of overlooked this somewhere along the lines or it may be 'confidential', but - How long is Moyles contracted to Breakfast now? And How long is Sarah Contracted to the Afternoon show?

Can you hint if any other changes that are going to be announced to take place around the same time? Will Scott Mills ever get a time slot he deserves?
By Adam
1 - 3?

Are Mark and Lard off?
By Mcqueen_
Adam wrote:1 - 3?

Are Mark and Lard off?

Apparently they mentioned the other day they were going. If it's true on not is another matter.
i cant hear them anyway so a move would be good for me. that being said i still probably wouldnt listen.
By Adam
Aled,

Any chance of passing on a message to Ben Cooper, Radio One? There's me thinking everyone in the BBC had an email address.

Give him my thanks for getting Sara Cox off of Breakfast and oddly putting Chris Moyles. Obviously not impressed with the swap thing mind you.
By David
Adam wrote:Any chance of passing on a message to Ben Cooper, Radio One? There's me thinking everyone in the BBC had an email address.

maybe its benjamin.cooper

as my friend phil is known as phillip on the BBC computer system.
By Uglybob
Sara Cox moving to 3pm will be a temporary measure. Her contract is up in April and she will most definitely leave and Colin and Edith will fill that slot instead.
By Mcqueen_
Uglybob wrote:Sara Cox moving to 3pm will be a temporary measure. Her contract is up in April and she will most definitely leave and Colin and Edith will fill that slot instead.

I thought it was her contract to breakfast ended in April (but obviously she has agreed to leave breakfast early) and she had been contracted to Radio1 for about 2 more years.

Again that is what i thought, I'm most likely wrong.
shes on her way out now anyway taking a step down like that strikes me as she had no offers from elsewhere. shes like alex nyarko, radio 1 dont want her but she is under contract and they pay her so much they figure may as well still use her.

ive never been scott mills's biggest fan but i'd give him a chance at a decent time...

Editing gap to come for a few days.