Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
User avatar
By Eddie
#139339
Thanks Jimmy, Adam, I knew what listen again was - just not this particular new feature
User avatar
By Lawrie
#139341
dumb question alert......

im listening to the listen again from this morning..do they use the levels from the studio as it sounds totally different then what it sounds on my radio
User avatar
By Ste
#139362
I beleive it is because it is a different bit-rate.
By David
#139370
DRLOZBAKER wrote:dumb question alert......

im listening to the listen again from this morning..do they use the levels from the studio as it sounds totally different then what it sounds on my radio


The bit-rate has something to do with it... however, I always felt this when listening to other programmes...

I get the feeling that the FM signal goes out through loads of different limiters and compressors before actually getting to your radio, where as the Listen Again audio doesnt. They clearly dont take the listen again audio off the FM as they are able to put stuff out on listen again that they dont on FM (i.e. this competition)... so it could be quite easily that.

But thats just my thoughts, I may be wrong.
User avatar
By kendra k
#139381
i wouldn't know as i've only heard it online.
User avatar
By Aled
#139397
DRLOZBAKER wrote:dumb question alert......

im listening to the listen again from this morning..do they use the levels from the studio as it sounds totally different then what it sounds on my radio


Yeah, the Listen Again comes from the otput of the studo, whereas the FM goes through Limiters and Processors becfore coming out of the mast. The Listn Again as the same output as Sky
By markeboyuk
#139406
Aled wrote:Yeah, the Listen Again comes from the otput of the studo, whereas the FM goes through Limiters and Processors becfore coming out of the mast. The Listn Again as the same output as Sky


So the secret code word was edited in after??? :wink:
By David
#139423
Most likely not. Chris would be able to press a button to opt out of the the FM transmission but the Listen again would still hear it. However that would mean Sky listeners could hear it... I see your point.

Aled, are you posting from New York?! Enjoying it?

David
User avatar
By jc
#139437
Thursday's Listen Again audio stream was split into three separate streams, so the clip featuring Rachel saying the secret word could be inserted in the middle. - jc
User avatar
By Aled
#139602
David wrote:Most likely not. Chris would be able to press a button to opt out of the the FM transmission but the Listen again would still hear it. However that would mean Sky listeners could hear it... I see your point.

Aled, are you posting from New York?! Enjoying it?

David


Chris didn't have a button unfortunately. It was inserted afterwards.

I did post from my hotel bedroom (I couldn't sleep). I had a great time thank you.
By David
#139627
you had internet in your room? Is hotels not really expensive for that sort of thing?! Especially considering you spent all your money on clothes :P chris seemed a bit harsh on you this morning!

DL
User avatar
By Sidders
#139654
Most American hotels have broadband in the rooms.
User avatar
By kendra k
#139657
it depends on where you are, and most of them cost bank. business ones will have it for free, i think.
User avatar
By Aled
#139672
kendra k wrote:it depends on where you are, and most of them cost bank. business ones will have it for free, i think.


Our hotel had broadband TV Internet access for $10.99 for 24 hours worth of access, there's 1.8 Amercian Dollars to the Pound.
User avatar
By kendra k
#139674
that sounds just like the hotel i was in a few weeks back, and my boyfriend wouldn't pay for it.

how easy is it to get broadband access around europe?
User avatar
By Ahh_Pathetic
#139678
Aled wrote:
kendra k wrote:it depends on where you are, and most of them cost bank. business ones will have it for free, i think.


Our hotel had broadband TV Internet access for $10.99 for 24 hours worth of access, there's 1.8 Amercian Dollars to the Pound.


Aled could bring the business updates to radio 1... "and the Tootsie.. sorry FTSE is down..."
User avatar
By Adam
#139687
Aled,

With regards to the person who asked about Playlists, good to see the plug of the reviews page on the Questions page on the Chris Moyles minisite. :)

Stuart, Orkney
Would it be at all possible to get a playlist for todays show (Monday,8th March). As I cant rememb the name of a song I heard the day on your show!! Thanx Gr8tly
Aled's Answer:
We don't currently put the Music running order for the show online, we do however have a list of our playlist here

There is also a website run by fans of the show - it's not a BBC site but they do list the songs played on the show. You can get that here
User avatar
By Aled
#139688
Adam wrote:Aled,

With regards to the person who asked about Playlists, good to see the plug of the reviews page on the Questions page on the Chris Moyles minisite. :)

Stuart, Orkney
Would it be at all possible to get a playlist for todays show (Monday,8th March). As I cant rememb the name of a song I heard the day on your show!! Thanx Gr8tly
Aled's Answer:
We don't currently put the Music running order for the show online, we do however have a list of our playlist here

There is also a website run by fans of the show - it's not a BBC site but they do list the songs played on the show. You can get that here


I try :D
User avatar
By Sidders
#139696
kendra k wrote:how easy is it to get broadband access around europe?

Very difficult where I live. I reckon most people in the country will be able to get it within the next year or so though.
User avatar
By Lawrie
#139699
Aled

what did you think when Jay Z entered the club? did you think bullets would be coming your way again?!
User avatar
By Adam
#139707
From what I've learnt on the board, I think Aled has some experience of being in a sitution involving Bullets. ;) Dry by shooting?

Kids, Guns are bad..
By MC
#139713
Adam wrote:Aled,

With regards to the person who asked about Playlists, good to see the plug of the reviews page on the Questions page on the Chris Moyles minisite. :)


yeah, cheers for that aled.
User avatar
By Adam
#139716
Aled - Are the board able to ask Chris Moyles and rest of the team any questions?
User avatar
By Sidders
#139719
Any chance of more listen again extras?
  • 1
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 48

Saturday show is up

New Years/Queens Birthday Honours

They have to be nominated by someone, I think.

Old beds

I did search the archive but does anyone know if t[…]