Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By kendra k
if will is going, is there any where we can send ourselves to?

don't leave me grey'ed!
By Adam
willkinder.net
By gregs
does anyone else think that the news 'coming up' sounds ace?

except the when the clip of the records comes in, in my opinion it needs a blip (or some fx) at the beginning coz it sounds s h i t if it comes in off the offbeat before the bed drops.

i jus realised how much radio production turns u into a geek
By MC
I think it sounds really good as well. I think there just needs to be some sort of effect like a bleep before the news jingle
By Aled
MC wrote:I think it sounds really good as well. I think there just needs to be some sort of effect like a bleep before the news jingle

I'll work on it for Thursday. I've done tomorrow's. No blip.
By MC
Aled, who are the other judges or Taf(sp) Idol?

Anyone we might have heard of?
By jimmy g
Aled wrote:
MC wrote:I think it sounds really good as well. I think there just needs to be some sort of effect like a bleep before the news jingle

I'll work on it for Thursday. I've done tomorrow's. No blip.

I preferred it when it was all unprofessional. But who cares?

Did you choose the Manics just because they are Welsh?
By Dickie
I wondered Aled if you could shout @ Scotty and tell him to update Chris' pages on Radio One online. the section with Will's diary book is over a month out of date!
By Mr Dion
Nablo. wrote:Well it was a crap question to begin with have you watched it? I don't mean the normal saturday show either.

Alistair is great, he's a funny guy and seems to oddly remind me of someone I know.
James ok not much to him only thing that seems to come across with him is his munkin thing.
Carolyne she seems fine hardly that boring a person.
Peter is hardly dull even if you don't like the fella you can hardly say he don't have a personality.
As for Alex she's just Alex which is great as she's no different to what she is like normally.

as bad a question as it may have been i was still interested in aleds answer.

alsiter is a smarmy git
james whines and whines and whines
carolyne doesnt have personality to speak of
peter is a complete tit.i cant understand all the crap about him being so original....hes a less likeable version of ainslie!
alex is the only one i dont have a problem with.
By David
gregs wrote:does anyone else think that the news 'coming up' sounds ace?

except the when the clip of the records comes in, in my opinion it needs a blip (or some fx) at the beginning coz it sounds s h i t if it comes in off the offbeat before the bed drops.

Do they do this on every show or is it Aled just getting bored during the day and has nothing better to do :P
By Adam
Adam wrote:aled,

the last time there was announcement - we only tuned in and it was slightly dis'pointing

i hope producer will isnt clearing his desk and moving down the road because you all work really well together. say if producer bill came in to take over from wills job - would bill speak? just dont always seem to see that input from many other producers.

i wish you'd give us some kinda clue because its very painful seeing all the speculation about kinder.
By Aled
Adam wrote:

the last time there was announcement - we only tuned in and it was slightly dis'pointing

i hope producer will isnt clearing his desk and moving down the road because you all work really well together. say if producer bill came in to take over from wills job - would bill speak? just dont always seem to see that input from many other producers.

i wish you'd give us some kinda clue because its very painful seeing all the speculation about kinder.

No, no clues.

On your other point though, any BA or Producer that Radio 1 wanted to put on the show instead of me or Will would know the score. Chris and management would never put a shy retiring type permanently on the show!

This website was up in arms about Lizzie leaving (some still are) but I hope I've been able to contribute as much as Lizzie did. You're being pesimistic thinking Will or my replacement wouldn't be as good.

Maybe they'd bring an "old" BA or Producer back... :wink: :wink:
By Aled
David wrote:

Do they do this on every show or is it Aled just getting bored during the day and has nothing better to do :P

I'm CERTAINLY not bored!
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
Aled wrote:Maybe they'd bring an "old" BA or Producer back... :wink: :wink:

please god not melinda.... although it could be rhys an that would cheer me up. is rhys climbing the bbc hierachy now aled?
By Adam
Aled wrote:
Adam wrote:

No, no clues.

On your other point though, any BA or Producer that Radio 1 wanted to put on the show instead of me or Will would know the score. Chris and management would never put a shy retiring type permanently on the show!

This website was up in arms about Lizzie leaving (some still are) but I hope I've been able to contribute as much as Lizzie did. You're being pesimistic thinking Will or my replacement wouldn't be as good.

Maybe they'd bring an "old" BA or Producer back... :wink: :wink:

Chris, Comedy Dave, Producer Lizzie and Aled?

I bet its been Kinder long life dream to be the Producer on The Nemone Show..
By David
Aled wrote:
David wrote:

I'm CERTAINLY not bored!

I kind of guessed that! But I quite like them. I've noticed a lot of 'productionary' things like that recently... Scott Mills seemed to use a lot of simmilar things like that, like where he would use the instrumental of a track to speak over and then as soon as he stopped speaking the song would start playing exactly in time.

David
By Aled
David wrote:
Aled wrote:
David wrote:

I'm CERTAINLY not bored!

I kind of guessed that! But I quite like them. I've noticed a lot of 'productionary' things like that recently... Scott Mills seemed to use a lot of simmilar things like that, like where he would use the instrumental of a track to speak over and then as soon as he stopped speaking the song would start playing exactly in time.

David

We're good aren't we. :D I've now also given them to Chris, he's a bit more subtle though.
By Adam
What do you like most about your job, Aled? Give it up for anything else? Another job?

Im thinking of a career change when I finish my degree. Finance and Management isnt me..

Whats your advice to people that wish to take up a career in Radio? What are the main things that people have to think about - because lets face it the Medium is fairly large! Im not going to trail through the part one of your thread but how did you get to become BA for Chris Moyles?

Have you ever thought you could sit in Chris's Moyles seat and do his job for the day? Does the production side interest you more than say what CM does for living? Are you planning to work you're way up to become Producer Aled or is that something that tends to happen a few years away?

Thats 7 questions by the way ;)

Aled wrote:This website was up in arms about Lizzie leaving (some still are) but I hope I've been able to contribute as much as Lizzie did.

When you next bump into her - could you ask, Did she know about this site? She could of contribute much more by becoming a member of here :D
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
ah if only lizzie were here..... not that it isnt good having you here aled but lizzie ahhhhh
By Sidders
It strikes me that BA's are just trainee producers. I think the team at the minute is the best it has ever been. If Will does leave it would be a massive loss to the show.
By Matt
David wrote:...he would use the instrumental of a track to speak over and then as soon as he stopped speaking the song would start playing exactly in time.

This really pissed me off when Scott was on. He'd spend 3 minutes talking over an instrumental and then play the song. So if it was a crap song (70% of playlist?) you'd have to put up with it for a good 6-8 minutes.
By Aled
Matt wrote:
David wrote:...he would use the instrumental of a track to speak over and then as soon as he stopped speaking the song would start playing exactly in time.

This really pissed me off when Scott was on. He'd spend 3 minutes talking over an instrumental and then play the song. So if it was a crap song (70% of playlist?) you'd have to put up with it for a good 6-8 minutes.

Yet, if it's a good song, it'll alert people that it's coming so they'll hang on for it.
By Aled
Sidla wrote:It strikes me that BA's are just trainee producers. I think the team at the minute is the best it has ever been. If Will does leave it would be a massive loss to the show.

No, BAs are Broadcast Assistants.

It tends to be the senior ones though that will work on high profile shows like Breakfast or Moyles, so they're traditionally at the end of their BA careers with their next step being producing.
By coct
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:
Aled wrote:Maybe they'd bring an "old" BA or Producer back... :wink: :wink:

please god not melinda.... although it could be rhys an that would cheer me up. is rhys climbing the bbc hierachy now aled?

You are truly a mong gaspode. Melinda would make me listen...bonus to the show obviously, every ear counts.