Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Aled
bmstinton93 wrote:
Untitled.png

Am I not supposed to have a full screen option on the online webcam? Or is this just a vital omission on the BBC's part?

BBC online in all their wisdom have opted not to include it this time
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:Aled, when Christ rants, have you ever had issues with people annoyed by his rants? Or does everyone realise what Chris is actually like?

Understatement of a question! We've made the papers with Chris' rants
By Aled
shamrock student wrote:Listening back it reminded me of the great jingle package used during the marathon show. Having you ever looked at bringing these jingles into the regular show. Seems a shame that they may not see the light of day again! :D

Would love to but they all take us to that stressful event - so not sure it'd be wise!!
By Aled
jamiec21 wrote:Aled, why for the last few years have the team taken the first working weekend in January off? It's the worst week of the year, the one where millions of people go back to their shitty jobs and would like some entertainment in the mornings. Yet the best show on the radio isn't on because the team are taking a second week off, instead of taking a week off in July like you used to.

A hardship for the nation etc. etc.

In 2004 we took 8 weeks off as holiday. In 2005 we took 8 weeks off as holiday. In 2006 we took 8 weeks off as holiday.... ... ... In 2011 we took 8 weeks off as holiday :D

We've also always had a fortnight for Christmas, except 2004 when we had a month before starting the breakfast show.

We normally try and have a fortnight per rajar quarter, every now and then that gets pushed either way like last year when we went early (to have a fortnight off after the marathon show in March) and then late - in August for personal reasons for Chris.
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:Aled, can you give us any hints/news about what's coming up over the next few months?

Olympics. Olympics and... the Olympics.

If we can get a budget and a spare week to do something not to do with the Olympics we'll grab it - but I wouldn't hold my breath, the BBC is fully supporting - Olympics is a young event, Radio 1 is the BBC's young radio station and we're the biggest show on the network so we're key.
By Aled
abertom wrote:Aled two proposals for you one is see if you can get Dave back on weekend cover for Vernon/Sara every now and again and/or the - See if Ben Cooper will allow guest hosts for the chart show when Reggie's off. Rotate Chris + Dave (would be hilarious), Scott, Greg, Vernon + Sara even you as you only have a 1 hour show on Sundays

Noted, but my money would be on the new Controller and the new Head of Programmes (Rhys) wanting to make their mark by coming up with new things.
By Aled
itbe_Tyler wrote:Hey Aled, was thinking about some ideas the show could possibly do in 2012 so thought I'd post them here:

>Retro/Nostalgia week - A lot of the current listeners wont have heard some of the features that were done back in the afternoon days that were quite successful, and also current listeners that did hear them it'd be like a mini rewind for them. You could also use it as a chance to replay some of the best/worst classic interviews, old jingles, and see what ex-team members are doing now since they left the show, getting one on each day..

Love it - but if it was to happen it'd be as part of the finale for the show on breakfast and there's no sign of that yet - even then I get the feeling Chris would hate dredging up old stuff.

itbe_Tyler wrote:>Sport Relief - Chris likes mentioning his mile running times so a competition to see who could do the fastest minute mile. Team members, other Radio 1 DJ's, and celebrities; endorsing what sport relief is doing.

Radio 1 will as always be key to this.

itbe_Tyler wrote:>>Olympic sweepstake of some sort run by Dave as per, making it overly complicated.
Will suggest

itbe_Tyler wrote:>Exactly the same as Scott Cam years ago, Chris cam from his house for a week.
Will suggest

itbe_Tyler wrote:>Doing one show everyday from each team members home town; Chris, Dave, Dom, Tina, and you of course.
God no!

itbe_Tyler wrote:>Each day for a week each team member for an hour of the show gets too choose the music played, features etc. Then over the weekend and Monday the listeners get to vote on which team members section of the show was the best. That team member then gets too choose a punishment for the rest of the team, or gets the full show on one day as what they want to do. As it's likely the listener will like it as they voted for it.
I like.
swaddon1903 wrote:
bwfcol wrote:Aled, when Christ rants

Chris Moyles isn't the messiah.

I beg to differ.
Aled wrote:Love it - but if it was to happen it'd be as part of the finale for the show on breakfast and there's no sign of that yet - even then I get the feeling Chris would hate dredging up old stuff.

Has there been any sort of discussion or ideas meeting as to what may be in the final ever breakfast show when the time comes? We all know you're gonna go out with a bang and finish on a high.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.501919,-2.548042
bmstinton93 wrote:
Aled wrote:Love it - but if it was to happen it'd be as part of the finale for the show on breakfast and there's no sign of that yet - even then I get the feeling Chris would hate dredging up old stuff.

Has there been any sort of discussion or ideas meeting as to what may be in the final ever breakfast show when the time comes? We all know you're gonna go out with a bang and finish on a high.

I don't know, I liked the idea of having Dave doing the "nobody cares" line that Dom suggested. I found that funny.
By G-Sizzle
I wish this thread would go to being just questions and answers, I'm forever missing Aled's replies as it gets hidden amongst the guff spewed.

Maybe there should be an "Ask Aled: Extra" type thread, where people who aren't directing a question at him can discuss things brought up?
G-Sizzle wrote: as it gets hidden amongst the guff spewed.

Is this a coincidence or a clever dig...? :D
Aled wrote:
bwfcol wrote:Aled, when Christ rants, have you ever had issues with people annoyed by his rants? Or does everyone realise what Chris is actually like?

Understatement of a question! We've made the papers with Chris' rants

Internally at R1? Not just management but whoever deleted the audio may not have liked the rant!

I found it hilarious like
Aled, Yudster suggested I post this here, so here you go!

It's outrageous that someone deleted 10% of them and inexcusable that there is no backup.

I have all my data on a RAID and backed up to offline backup. The BBC has a much bigger budget than me. :D

If there are important drops from November onwards, it's going to be easy to restore them as many of us have copies of every show. I have every show from July 2010 onwards in non-recoded AAC, so if they need "nob-nob" or stuff from that time, we can extract it from the recorded shows. It's not technically broadcast quality, but if it's just a vocal clip of a guest, 128kbps AAC is good enough. Don't forget, Chris used to do playout, including music, from Minidiscs (292 kbps ATRAC) not too long ago. Not every drop will be on the podcasts?

Anyhoo, if there's anything "really missing", let us know, Aled and we can fill it. I'm happy to clip stuff and send over uncompressed WAVs.

Cheers ears.

Neil.
neilt0 wrote:Aled, Yudster suggested I post this here, so here you go!

It's outrageous that someone deleted 10% of them and inexcusable that there is no backup.

I have all my data on a RAID and backed up to offline backup. The BBC has a much bigger budget than me. :D

If there are important drops from November onwards, it's going to be easy to restore them as many of us have copies of every show. I have every show from July 2010 onwards in non-recoded AAC, so if they need "nob-nob" or stuff from that time, we can extract it from the recorded shows. It's not technically broadcast quality, but if it's just a vocal clip of a guest, 128kbps AAC is good enough. Don't forget, Chris used to do playout, including music, from Minidiscs (292 kbps ATRAC) not too long ago. Not every drop will be on the podcasts?

Anyhoo, if there's anything "really missing", let us know, Aled and we can fill it. I'm happy to clip stuff and send over uncompressed WAVs.

Cheers ears.

Neil.

As much as Dave and Chris call us geeks and what-not, It's times like this when having a fan site dedicated to Chris comes in handy for the show.
By Aled
neilt0 wrote:Aled, Yudster suggested I post this here, so here you go!

Cheers ears.

Neil.

That's great, thank you.

Fiona, Freya and I are currently checking any show based backups we have including Podcasts, ROTs and Hard discs which is why things are creeping back over time. But there's inevitably going to be some we can't get - if that's the case I'll let you know. Thanks
Hi Aled, is there going to be any more 'hang out with the team and...' competitions soon? Also are we going to see the return of Tina's Summer of Sport for the Olympics? I know the feature sort of went awry last year but the jingle was great.
Because Ricky Wilson's Twitter name is @Rickontour which sounds a bit like Rickonline and Chris thinks its funny.
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:Aled, no guests Mon - Thurs which is great! A few random shows planned?

The Muppets in in Friday should be amazing

Definitely. We're going out to go through the Names First, Features Second ideas after the show on Monday. Some will be longer term, some we'll put together and roll out across the week :)
The Muppets are coming in? Oh my Chris will be in his element! Definitely one to clip!

Thank you both!!