Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
Thanks for that, Aled. Interesting answer.

I see your point about there being a bit too much in the show this week, but from a listeners point of view I can assure you it has still been very good (to me, anyway). I agree that it probably isn't quite as good as when she covered before, but it has still been the next best thing to actually having Chris there.
Sarah is great, and its always good to know that the radio won't make me cringe in the morning just because Chris isn't there.
Travis Bickle wrote: I agree that it probably isn't quite as good as when she covered before, but it has still been the next best thing to actually having Chris there.

No disrepect to Chris or anything but I think that certain parts have been better with Sara just because its different and obviously Chris does the same things every day. Sara Cox brings her own things to the show I think.
Aled, you'd have liked a more random week with Sara. So, drop making a scene, play a few less songs, don't do the duck register, have more random links then. I liked the show this week, well done.

Also, speaking to Greg & Fearne everyday was OTT, that would have freed up some time for randomness.
How come Tulip and David Garrido werent given as much on air coverage as Dom and Tina do? i.e. they could have picked a golden hour song and David could have done a random game n they could have chatted in the half hour bit more at beginning
abertom wrote:How come Tulip and David Garrido werent given as much on air coverage as Dom and Tina do? i.e. they could have picked a golden hour song and David could have done a random game n they could have chatted in the half hour bit more at beginning

They weren't in the studio where as Dom & Tina are alot of the time. I suppose you could argue they could've been but is there any point trying to work around 2 new faces for the sake of two days. They could've picked a golden hour tune each though, I agree with that
By Aled
McGuinness-89 wrote:Is there any chance of having at least one re-emergence(?) of One word weather with Nelson Mandela.I still think it's genius.On the red button.........please have a word, unless you hate it.

I don't hate it at all - but it's not at the top of the list of things to do on the road! :) Saying that though, that would be one of the organic things that we'd do there and then and not something that needs me to schedule it :)
By Aled
bmstinton93 wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote: I agree that it probably isn't quite as good as when she covered before, but it has still been the next best thing to actually having Chris there.

No disrepect to Chris or anything but I think that certain parts have been better with Sara just because its different and obviously Chris does the same things every day. Sara Cox brings her own things to the show I think.

I think Sara was great, I think Sara doing the Chris Moyles Show and retaining Chris' format and Chris' features was very important. If there was no Chris with Chris team I'm not sure we would have kept the fans on this website on-side. Lets not forget that!
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:Aled, you'd have liked a more random week with Sara. So, drop making a scene, play a few less songs, don't do the duck register, have more random links then. I liked the show this week, well done.

Also, speaking to Greg & Fearne everyday was OTT, that would have freed up some time for randomness.

Making A Scene was very important to Sara - and it's her show this week. She played the same number of songs as Chris (except for the 1 before 7 o'clock news), the duck register lasted all of 2.5 mins, Greg always sets up his challenges in breakfast when he does Drive and Fearne and us share the same Exec and would have been on the show even if Chris was there.
By Aled
abertom wrote:How come Tulip and David Garrido werent given as much on air coverage as Dom and Tina do? i.e. they could have picked a golden hour song and David could have done a random game n they could have chatted in the half hour bit more at beginning

They joined the show on the Thursday. The show already technically didn't fit into the running order with Cheryl and the ticket giveaway so the last thing I wanted was to introduce two new characters to the show that we would have needed to set up and talk to if we did it properly.

The simpler solution would have been to keep them to the news and sport slot only. And to ensure we weren't tempted to drift from that format we kept it to the normal Newsbeat studios.

Once that decision was made it would have been messy to bring them back for a one off feature. I think it worked well. If Tuplip or David or both are there from the start next time we will integrate them more to the team.
It was a great week. Shame about next.
By Aled
bmstinton93 wrote:Aled, according to my tv guide your still doing the surgery next week. Are you doing it from Portsmouth or is someone else doing it next week?

It's only a car journey away!
Is Comedy Dave ever gonna have a show like Chappers + Dave on radio 1 again? Also I think the show even if it was just Chris/Dave + maybe Matt Fincham producing should do weekend cover occasionaly for Vernon or Sara to return the favour.
abertom wrote:Also I think the show even if it was just Chris/Dave + maybe Matt Fincham producing should do weekend cover occasionaly for Vernon or Sara to return the favour.

When you take holiday leave at work do you cover for the person who covered for you after just to return the favour? I doubt it!
Chris works hard enough without coming in to do the odd weekend. I used to love the Saturday morning show (showing my age) but I know Chris hated doing it, now its outa his contract he'll never do it.
Aled posted this over on the main section of the forum but posting it here again incase you did'nt see it. Why again has Northern Ireland being left out of this tour? Surely all the 4 countries of the UK should be covered instead of just one being left out, which again is Northern Ireland. This happened with the last Chris Moyles tour as well.
I don't want to answer for Aled but on previous occasions he has said that logistics/budgets have restricted going to NI. All the OB trucks travelling there and back probably wouldn't work in terms of time and money.
By Aled
jdog55 wrote:Aled posted this over on the main section of the forum but posting it here again incase you did'nt see it. Why again has Northern Ireland being left out of this tour? Surely all the 4 countries of the UK should be covered instead of just one being left out, which again is Northern Ireland. This happened with the last Chris Moyles tour as well.

Well, I object to the term 'left out again' when we did a whole OB in Belfast last Christmas (our 3rd show in NI since we've been on breakfast - the locations this week are the first time we've been here). We even had me in Belfast doing stuff for the whole week last year so we got a lot out of the trip to Belfast!

However, saying that as has been said here already it's the fact that there is water inbetween Northern Ireland and the rest of Britain that makes it impossible to do as part of a week.

Everyone who works on the show can only work their maximum working hours whether that be 8, or 10 hours.

So engineers, TV crew, press and marketing will all have to set up in the morning before the show (at 5/6am) do a 4 hour show derig everything make the journey to the next location (which counts in work time) and then set up for the next time. There just aren't the ferries at the time slot to be able to take everything over and fit within a working day to make it work.

Very un-sexy answer - but those are the realistic reasons for not being able to do it within a week.
Thanks for getting back to me Aled, appreciate it. I know the show has been to Northern Ireland to do shows etc, I mean whenever theres a Chris Moyles tour, i.e when the show became the longest running breakfast show on Radio 1, Northern Ireland seems to be missed out, but I appreciate you explaining the situation.
Aled, i just noticed you said you cant record the show but on Freeview the red button has its own designated channel on 301 so you can record on Freeview. I have it on daily repeat all week just in case i miss anything.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up