Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By diesel100
Mr Fish wrote:Aled, Have you ever heard of a PC/console game called Phantasy Star Online? It's really good, I recommend it.
it sucks trust me
By Bake1986
It's an awesome game, I became bored of it easily because I didn't use the online features, but I found it very addictive[/offtopicpost]
By Jono
Hey Aled. Do you have plans to keep up regular swimming after the Sport Relief race, or are you sick to death of it?
By Fathomer
What will Chris's Minisite look like after you return from hols? Old Stylee? Or can you give us a preview of a brand spanking new look?
By Aled
Fathomer wrote:What will Chris's Minisite look like after you return from hols? Old Stylee? Or can you give us a preview of a brand spanking new look?

There is a new version, but it's more slightly refreshed than anything major. Less cheesy more character.
By Aled
Jono wrote:Hey Aled. Do you have plans to keep up regular swimming after the Sport Relief race, or are you sick to death of it?

I was thinking about this last night. I'd love to keep swimming. I may now be able to get quite far but not with much confidence so need to work on that.
By Aled
Mr Fish wrote:Aled, Have you ever heard of a PC/console game called Phantasy Star Online? It's really good, I recommend it.

I haven't. Will have a go. Got very excited to see there's an add-on to Civilization coming out end of July. Woo-hoo!
By Aled
q wrote:
adc_20 wrote:Hi Aled,

Are the hand overs from Jk + Joel to Chris and then from Chris to Jo done in the same studio or do the shows alternate between studios. Like today Chris was talking to JK who was 'next door' is that another studio or just a prep room?

Cheers

I believe they are done from separate studios. JK and Joel and Jo Whiley share the same studio (obviously they aren't in at the same time), whilst Moyles is now in the new boxy looking studio (the new refurb one that Lamacq used to be in?). Also, do they now have frosted stuff over the studio windows?

We come from different studios.

Y1 - is now out of action and will become a production suite for documentaries and balancing live output performed in the live lounge.
Y2 - Is the new biggie. Chris / Scott and Westwood come from there
Y3 - Was the studio we launched brekkie in. This is now Jo Whiley's studio
Y4 - Was where we've just moved from. Colin and Edith and Zane come from here.

The frosted stuff is actually carboard done to hide the work that's going on in the Live Lounge. It should come back online all new and sexy so we won't be so reliant on Maida Vale
By Aled
diesel100 wrote:
MunroeForbes wrote:Neil please refrain
is cary as fit as she looks on the web pics?

Yes
By Aled
TVgirl wrote:Who decides who Dom does his interviews with Aled? I'm just curious to know how and why the interviewees are picked, and by who, because although most of them, even those like Bruce Willis who don't come across too well, make very funny radio, there are times when I wonder who decided it would be a good idea to carry out certain interviews i.e. 'The Wiggles' and 'Mr. Tumble'. The majority of people will never have heard of these acts unless they have kids, and as most people in the official 'target audience' age range are probably unlikely to have any yet, and therefore will have little interest in these interviews, I'm wondering why they are done? Personally I thought 'The Wiggles' were a very unentertaining interview. They might have been much nicer than many of the A-listers (and Dom's son may have been thrilled to meet them) but I had no idea who they were, so me for it was an extremely boring and pointless feature which meant nothing to me.

James King and I field possibles from the Film companies, when we get someone we like we take it to the aftershow meeting and the team say yay or nay.

The Wiggles and Mr Tumble came from Dom. You'd be surprised at how many of the 15-24s that make up our 8 million listeners have children, plus even if you don't you get the story and it's still funny.

We on the show definitely operate (much like Radio 1 do) with a "bit for everyone" mentalitly, rather than focus on one demographic and focus all our output on them much like other radio stations do.
By Aled
DemonHorse wrote:Hi Aled, not really a question, but I liked how you managed to crowbar in a plug for your various Blogs this morning, nice work :)
I didn't even notice I did that! :)
By Fathomer
Is it possible to arrange a webchat. Was mentioned in a previous post on the forum. Maybe Chris Harris could arrange a time? What suits you Aled?
By Jessiekins
Hi Aled.

What's the most embarresing thing you or another member of the team have done in public?
By Lee111
Hi Aled.
Could you Ask Chris to play the new Chico Single
D.I.S.C.O i think its called.

Thx
By Andy B
Rondom question just occured to me. Rachel is the Morning Producer and takes care of the show, you are the Day Producer and do stuff after 9 generally and take care of things in up-comming shows. I think everyone's got that now after the number of times it's been asked (and you answer every time) well...

What does Rhys do? There doesn't seem to be anything left to do...

And is there a chain of command between you guys producer wise. Do you look up to Rachel and she to Rhys and he to Big boss Ben then Generalissimo Parfit?

I said it was random.
By fish heads
Aled,

Now the team is back, will the Chris Moyles show blog be continuing. I know there isn't as much stuff on going on as in Germany, but will as many of the team still be contributing as before? How often will it be updated?
By Aled
Andy B wrote:Rondom question just occured to me. Rachel is the Morning Producer and takes care of the show, you are the Day Producer and do stuff after 9 generally and take care of things in up-comming shows. I think everyone's got that now after the number of times it's been asked (and you answer every time) well...

What does Rhys do? There doesn't seem to be anything left to do...

And is there a chain of command between you guys producer wise. Do you look up to Rachel and she to Rhys and he to Big boss Ben then Generalissimo Parfit?

I said it was random.

Rach and I are both producers. We will job swap more and more in the coming months. Rhys is 1 of 4 Radio 1 Exec Producers, Rhys looks after JK & Joel, Scott and us. He's the 1st level of management and sits with Ben and Andy to talk about direction of the show and the station as a whole.

Rachel and I then have to make it happen.
By Andy B
Thankyou...
By JONGEECH
Do you find Chris Attractive? :D
By Adam
^ Aw, what a great first post. :)
By Fathomer
Hi Aled,
The R1 site is alright at the moment but some things need SERIOUSLY changing.
You need to update the blog! Change the Blog Banner! etc.
Also the Biography section needs some serious work:
1. When you click Biography, it should give an intro of the show- like Scott Mills' site. Talk about how great and funny you are.
2. then there should be 2 options: The Team & Show Friends
3. The Team will have Chris, Dave, Rachel, Aled (obv), Dom, Carrie and Joss.
4. Show Friends will have Longman, Michelle the Cleaner, Rob DJ, Will Kinder and big producer Rhys.

You could make the biographies more recent, add pictures and have a Q and A with each team member- like all R1 Sites used to. That standard Questionnaire thing.
By Aled
JONGEECH wrote:Do you find Chris Attractive? :D

And... welcome.

Yes, I do.
By Aled
Fathomer wrote:Hi Aled,
The R1 site is alright at the moment but some things need SERIOUSLY changing.
You need to update the blog! Change the Blog Banner! etc.
Also the Biography section needs some serious work:
1. When you click Biography, it should give an intro of the show- like Scott Mills' site. Talk about how great and funny you are.
2. then there should be 2 options: The Team & Show Friends
3. The Team will have Chris, Dave, Rachel, Aled (obv), Dom, Carrie and Joss.
4. Show Friends will have Longman, Michelle the Cleaner, Rob DJ, Will Kinder and big producer Rhys.

You could make the biographies more recent, add pictures and have a Q and A with each team member- like all R1 Sites used to. That standard Questionnaire thing.

I shall pass it on to Hoop Dog.
By Fathomer
hooooooooooop dog.
Thank you Aled :D
By Mk.
Aled, technical Myspace question:

You were able to post a blog for just the '977 people who subscribe' to it. Can I ask how? I can see that it is possible, but only manually, which for 977 people would take one hell of a long time...

Thanks!

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]