Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By David
Ah yeah, I didn't notice that at first.
By Andy Bkr
jesus who would think radio could be so complicated
By Ste
Now i've come up with something else which will probobally cause more confusion but you do own the Copyright...

...Ghetto Life

How about doing an updated version of that with the whole team instead of just Chris and Dave.
By Jono
Sarcasm Central wrote:And please bring back the old show idents! Every day going through the ages..

The current stuff certainly has ran it's time now, presumably we'll hear some new stuff after the two week holiday. Most likely it'll still be jazz style.

I'd like to hear a mixture of the 2004 and 2005 jingles.
By DemonHorse
or just playing a version without talking all over it...
By Andy Bkr
would anyone else like the bbc to bring out a cd of the best of the show with chat parodies and quizes etc
By Jono
Or a DVD.. either way i'm there
By Jono
Aled, how do you feel about the snub from the sony awards, and were you surprised?
By Marky
This is a little bit random, but.....
Aled when are we gonna get the first play of coldplay - speed of sound ?
By iSeb
Yeah its a shame Dave is on these forums... I'm sure he would give us the exclusive!

(P.S. Mk., Your sig is too big.)
By Marky
Mk. wrote:No offence but I doubt we'll hear the news first off Aled.

None taken.
The date for the first play of a song is not that big a deal is it? I don't remember anyone making a huge fuss about the first play the new oasis single.
By iSeb
Especially when some station in norway plays it....
By Mk.
For those that didn't catch it: First play of Coldplay's new single "Speed of Sound" Next Monday on Lamacq Live. Rock :D
By Jono
So expect it on Your Call the next day lol
By Quincy
no doubt it will be a big dissapointment
By Marky
Back on topic. Aled would you have been allowed to answer my question, given that it was only a week before was due to be played?
By Nicky
Aled, I see you were in Sunset while you were in LA today...

Where abouts did you stay, what'd you do? Me and a mate were in LA a week or so ago, and stayed in the same road that the club you were at was. I love LA, even though the front page of a newspaper there ruined this seasons 24 for me :(
By Dickie
Jono wrote:So expect it on Your Call the next day lol

lol

That's the Radio 1 way!

I'm not listening to Radio 1 apart from Moyles anymore, that way decent songs from decent artists won't annoy my ears after the first line of lyrics.

No doubt we can expect plenty of overkill with the new Coldplay album, what with them playing an 'exclusive gig' and all.

I predict the word Coldplay to be mentioned more than 82125 was in the run up to comic relief :D

Aled, does the playlist annoy the staff as much as it does some of us?
By DemonHorse
Dickie wrote:No doubt we can expect plenty of overkill with the new Coldplay album, what with them playing an 'exclusive gig' and all.

and Jamiroquai .... and almost any other artist that will be in Sunderland. sadly that includes Gwen Stefani too...
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
Mk. wrote:Aled: Can I have a couple of tickets to Top Of The Pops this sunday please? :D

Isn't it Friday?
By Jono
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:
Mk. wrote:Aled: Can I have a couple of tickets to Top Of The Pops this sunday please? :D

Isn't it Friday?

Lol, there must be some disappointed fans getting stuck with the Moyles team instead of their "idols" Reggie & Fearne. So there'll be some going ;)
By Adam
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:

Isn't it Friday?

Must be getting mixed up with TOTP Saturday.. Tell me Sam and Mark aren't presenting this on perm. basis?? What happened to them making music, eh?

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]