Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Aled
Minnie the Minx wrote:Well the studio Moyles/Zane uses is the most uptodate one anyway...

Aled, did any of you wear 'Say No To Wogan' t-shirts whilst at Radio2 today?

yes. I got a little nervous!

Our studio is the most up to date. They're currently re-fitting Studio 3 to make it like ours, while doing it they found a problem with our power thing which kicks in if the power goes off around London (to make sure we stay on air). They needed to turn it off to fix it so the whole weekend schedule came from Radio 2. We could have been okay but they wanted to test it before we we went on air, so they did that while we were in Radio 2.
By Adam
Aled - what do you think of the new Broadcasting House they are building? It'll be pretty up to date there as well.
By Aled
Adam wrote:Aled - what do you think of the new Broadcasting House they are building? It'll be pretty up to date there as well.

It looks really nice. the studios we were in is part of the old building. Radio 2's moving back to Western House soon once they finish renevating it.
By David
are they taking about one year per studio to upgrade? as did you lot not move into the new studio on the first show of the year?
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
cna you give us an exclusive on the theme of the tv ad?
By Aled
David wrote:are they taking about one year per studio to upgrade? as did you lot not move into the new studio on the first show of the year?

I'll be honest, I don't know. I'd imagine there's a certain learning from the first studio and the other 3 will be done quicker.
By Aled
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:cna you give us an exclusive on the theme of the tv ad?
No I think I should let Chris do that!
By tombugler
How tall are you aled?
By iSeb
Aled, what do you think about tombugler's signature?

Tombugler: Creator of Rockaloola, as used by Chris Moyles.
By Mafro
Aled, do you think that Dave sounds like Shaun Ryder in DARE? He blatantly does.
By fish heads
Aled,

Any chance we'll get the x-rated GLC interview excerpts - maybe on a mini-moyles download?
By fish heads
Well it'd probably get more exposure to the public on mini-moyles - especially if advertised on the show. It could go in the vault as well of course
By Aled
fish heads wrote:Aled,

Any chance we'll get the x-rated GLC interview excerpts - maybe on a mini-moyles download?

Already asked, and it's a no. It's a no either to an X rated late Chris Moyles show - we liked Late Breakfast idea. Something to do with the Chris Moyles and Radio 1 brand. Sorry.
By Adam
Aled - up to sunny wales for the hols ?
By q
Aled wrote:
Adam wrote:Aled - what do you think of the new Broadcasting House they are building? It'll be pretty up to date there as well.

It looks really nice. the studios we were in is part of the old building. Radio 2's moving back to Western House soon once they finish renevating it.

Re. Monday's show, did all of the stuff come off from CDs and Minidiscs? Or did they use the playout system?
By Aled
q wrote:
Aled wrote:

Re. Monday's show, did all of the stuff come off from CDs and Minidiscs? Or did they use the playout system?

CDs and MiniDiscs
By Aled
Adam wrote:Aled - up to sunny wales for the hols ?

yes, and abroad
By Dickie
Aled, do you know how the podcasts will evolve once the trial has ended? Will they still be highlights and be as short as they are at the moment?

Keep up the good work, the show's great at the mo.
By TMLS
Aled, loved your Welsh show the other week. Do you have any ambitions to get behind the mic full time?
By Aled
TMLS wrote:Aled, loved your Welsh show the other week. Do you have any ambitions to get behind the mic full time?

Not Radio 1, no. Glad you enjoyed the show though!
By TMLS
I love the bit "Not Radio 1, no." in your answer. Would you consider it somewhere else then? You've got a very natural voice and personality for radio, better than most local DJs anyway.
By Aled
TMLS wrote:I love the bit "Not Radio 1, no." in your answer. Would you consider it somewhere else then? You've got a very natural voice and personality for radio, better than most local DJs anyway.

Maybe. :D
By Dickie
Dickie wrote:Aled, do you know how the podcasts will evolve once the trial has ended? Will they still be highlights and be as short as they are at the moment?

Keep up the good work, the show's great at the mo.

Something wrong with my question, i'm feeling left out :(

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]