Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By chrysostom
During an appeal any punishment is effectively put on hold - I'm pretty sure that's a legal absolute in most cases where a governing body is in charge (certainly in football if a player appeals a suspension, they are free to compete until the appeal has been held). The nature of an appeal in this case is disputing the decision and punishment, so you'd be hard pressed to justify pressing forward with the punishment.

If FIFA stopped Barcelona from signing players during their appeal process and Barcelona were eventually successful, there would definitely be a case brought against them for the time which was lost during the transfer window (in this case it would have left them with 12 days to conduct all their business, with around 10 weeks lost).

Also, transfers can't be undone as they're legal deals with large amounts of money changing hands between at least 4 parties. Also, if a player (eg. Suarez) was to sign for a new club, sell their house, buy a new house, move their family and also break ties with their former employers - I doubt there'd be much in contract law (or trade law) which would enable such a 'do-over'.

The real outrage here is that it took over 4 months for the appeal to happen - likely because FIFA wanted to give Barca a grace period where they could sort their house out with an idea of what the punishment would be, so that Barca may take their punishment without much fight.

It's not the first time they've been banned either - but they're the golden boys of all club football. Which is why they're essentially giving them a slap on the wrist for posh child trafficking.
By Bruvva
Balls to all that, here's Balotelli's understated car :

This has the potential of being either utterly ace or fantastically catastrophic, but at least it'll be interesting.
By Yudster
At least he doesn't bite. Does he?! 8O
By dimtimjim
Yay, super-Mario is back!

By The Deadly
For £16million even if Liverpool get just one decent season out of him it will be worth it. On his day he's one of the best strikers in the world and just to show what a good deal it is it's only £4million more than Southampton paid for Shane Long. Best strategy with Balotelli I think is just let him get on with it. If you try and manage him with an iron fist then he'll revert back to his childish ways. Just speculation but I'd say there is probably an issue that Balotelli has as his behaviour certainly is bizarre at times. Strikes me as ADHD or something similar.
By Bruvva
There was an interesting point raised on the Guardian's football weekly podcast yesterday that Rodger's strategy relies on players pressing all over the pitch and putting in a shift and Balotelli's not really shown himself to be that kind of player as yet .
As for his childish behaviour, shooting fireworks out of kitchens (or into kitchens or whatever it was), that doesn't worry me too much, he's a couple of years older than he was when he did that at city so hopefully he's matured a bit. I'm more concerned by his tendency, at City anyway, to be very much a mood player. If he was in the mood he could be fantastic, if not then he may as well have not been there and I think that was apparent in the World Cup, fantastic against England and anonymous in the other two games.

BUT, on the whole I think it's a good signing.
By chrysostom
Vincent Tan has played a blinder.

The LMA, not so much.

"Of 10,000 texts, around 10 were offensive. Meaning Malky is only 0.001% offensive. Meaning we are 0.001% sorry. Also he was stressed, and needed to relieve that stress by being a bigot"
By Bruvva
Isn't that just a smear campaign from Tan, why on earth wait until now to release that? I'm filing it under "person connected to sport does/says something offensive" and not really caring that much about it.
By chrysostom
Technically, Cardiff ordered Moody & Mackay to report the existence of the texts to the FA themselves - which they didn't.

Cardiff's lawyers advised them that they were obligated to disclose the information before the deadline had passed, which is today.
By Bruvva
Oh, this is about iffy transfer dealings, he said after bothering to read up on it. Not sure the text messages are relevant to that, other than showing him to be a bit of a tit.

Although, just seen this article on the Guardian by David Conn and he raises some good points about the whole thing.
By Bruvva
Well, City look half decent. Was very impressed with them last night.
By dimtimjim
M-M-L lost to Chelsea, but that's hardly surprising. At least we troubled them for most of the first half, even if the mega-£'s took over in the second half...
By Bruvva
Manchester United.

Ha.

Heh.

Guffaw.

LARF.

Get all the tricky Argentinian wingers you want, your're still shit.
By flyingbadger
Bruvva wrote:Manchester United.

Ha.

Heh.

Guffaw.

LARF.

Get all the tricky Argentinian wingers you want, your're still shit.

Saw this.

Went and looked at the BBC website.

Laughed like a * loon.

Then saw the Celtic result.

Damn near shit myself laughing.

Posted said response here.

Funny as *.
By dimtimjim
Yeah, maybe David Moyes wasn't doing such a bad job last season...
By Bruvva
Guffawing aside, and make no mistake, it is * funny. They'll be in the mix for 3rd/4th this season. Liverpool are weaker, Arsenal have lost their only striker, Everton haven't moved on much, Spurs look good at the moment but they're, y'know, Spurs.
By Bruvva
*cough*
I WONDERED who'd get United's cushy group in the CL....Not bad at all for Liverpool that although I DO remember Basel from last time, they BRUSHED us aside...hoho.
By Bruvva
Hehe, looking at UEFA's club rankings and seeing that Ludogorets are one place above Stoke, you could well be right!

Mind you, Man U are 6th on that list so read into it what you will :P
By Bruvva
Unreleased footage of Howard in the Everton game :

As for today's games, Moreno's goal v Spurs, woof, but that penalty redefined "soft", bloody hell. Arsenal need a striker. Villa might not be complete shit.
By Bruvva
Falcao to United on loan for a year then.

Yep, that'll solve their defensive issues.
By dimtimjim
Bruvva wrote: Arsenal need a striker.

Agreed, but glad they waited until after this weekend to do it. Whilst 2 points from 3 games doesn't sound great, considering our opening ties (Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal) I'm quite happy with that. To hold two of those three to a draw is good shiz. Can't wait till we start to play some of the weaker teams - like Man U..! :lol:

Bruvva wrote: Villa might not be complete shit.

No. They are.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]