Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By chrysostom
Well, as the international transfer window has opened - I guess it's officially the start of next season (despite 45 days to go until the first game kicks off!)

How do you think your team will do in the coming season, and who do you think they need to sell/buy?
By Bruvva
7th. Buy some defenders and someone who can tackle in midfield....and someone who can shoot straight. Sell any one of the lightweight blerts in midfield and try and get more than £2.50 for Suarez.

Kidderminster Harriers on t'other hand, play offs.
By The Deadly
Reading have signed a few players most notably Roysten Drenthe on a free transfer. He is an exciting player for us, especially at Championship level. We really need a striker and there has been a rumour floating around that if Rickie Lambert is unhappy at Southampton then he'll be on his way to us. I'd like us to sign a couple of tough tackling midfielders with Championship level experience.
By The Deadly
The Pog is still there but I don't know if he has the stomach for the Championship. He's Russian as is our owner so he could well stay purely for the Russian connection. I'd like to offload him for proven Championship level striker.
By Yudster
Colchester United will struggle to do anything this year. The Chairman is so pleased with being one of the tiny handful of clubs that are in the black that he doesn't realise that being in the black isn't actually a very good way to run a successful football club. As a result, he is running a financially healthy but unsuccessful football club. All the while he is happy with that, we will be shite.
By Bruvva
Arsenal bidding 30 million for Suarez then, I'll file that alongside the rumoured interest in Rooney under "getting the gullible to buy season tickets".

He's going abroad and for more than that.
By Wykey
Bruvva wrote:Arsenal bidding 30 million for Suarez then, I'll file that alongside the rumoured interest in Rooney under "getting the gullible to buy season tickets".

I suspect it's more to persuade Madrid to sell them Higuain.
By Bonanzoid
Wykey wrote:
Bruvva wrote:Arsenal bidding 30 million for Suarez then, I'll file that alongside the rumoured interest in Rooney under "getting the gullible to buy season tickets".

I suspect it's more to persuade Madrid to sell them Higuain.

That wouldn't surprise me, I very much doubt Arsenal thought that that bid would ever be accepted by Liverpool.
By chrysostom
I can't see it being a serious pursuit, almost certainly a smokescreen to draw attention away from any other deal that AFC are (hopefully) working on.

The squad is in need of a backup goalkeeper & center back, as well as a quality center mid and striker. Meanwhile the season starts in 3 and a half weeks!

Not to mention we need to shift Bendtner, Park Who Yung & Chamakh (and possibly Gervinho).
By DevilsDuck
I think you will find Arsenal need a new keeper, four new defenders, four new midfielders and two new strikers
By Bruvva
So - ROONEY OFF. Again.

I have to say Luiz or Mata plus 10 million isn't a bad deal y'know.
By DevilsDuck
I would accept it! I think he will go, but maybe they want Chelsea to pay through the nose
By chrysostom
Also they're saying no players were included in the bid - it's just Utd trying to unsettle Chelsea players in return for their bid.
By chrysostom
Zlatan should be Chelsea's priority. He's won in Italy, Spain and France - unhappy at Cavani's purchase and just needs England to complete his set of Europe's top league titles. Probably available for around £20m if not less, and would be a phenom for 2 seasons.

Depressed at Arsenal's inability to close a deal in less than a month - especially as we only have 2 fully fit centre backs at the club (we had to play Sagna at CB today). Le sigh.
By The Deadly
Zlatan is a good shout. Very talented footballer and affordable too.
Personally I'm hoping Chelsea sign Suarez purely so I can mock Liverpool football club.
By The Deadly
Doesn't offend me. It pretty much just confirms my opinion of you that you have come into a football dedicated topic to say that. You must be a very bored individual.
By Misfit
The Deadly wrote:Doesn't offend me. It pretty much just confirms my opinion of you that you have come into a football dedicated topic to say that. You must be a very bored individual.

incredibly bored.
By The Deadly
If you are that bored you should try getting into football by watching some classic matches of the 1990's. may I suggest the 1994-1995 season.

Tuesday show is up