Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By chrysostom
Ah, I remember the hope.

While not really wanting to comment on Arsenal's customary implosion, I do want to say that I really dislike a majority of fans of all football clubs when represented online, Arsenal included - what makes it worse is that a fellow Arsenal fan at work basically collates all the journo/fan blogger comments and presents them as his own, which led to me leaving my desk as his boring arguments of 'gross negligence' etc. came out.

The current run of results has really hurt a lot of Arsenal fans (myself included) to a disproportionate degree. Some get angry, some get sad, some don't care. To think that it's not hurting Arsene Wenger is beyond stupid, and I've no time for anyone who says otherwise.

Accusing him of having too much faith in average players, not compromising his tactics & refusing to invest at a market value rate in players at the expense of ones who are injured or developing. But to say that he doesn't care about his (own) team's failure to produce success is beyond imbecilic.
By dimtimjim
Bruvva wrote:I fondly remember the days of Muzzy Izzet, one of the great footballer names of our time.

Ah... The 'glory' days... :D
By Bruvva
Well that's a relief, Moyes dropping his 300k a week striker to a deep lying position when chasing the game was GENIUS. Give the man another contract.
By Bruvva
God, I *thought* Sunday's game would end my fraught nerves.
By Bruvva
I quite liked this reporting of it

As funny and downright enjoyable as his tenure at the club was, it was only a matter of time until they sacked him. No idea who they'll get to replace him, both Guardiola and Klopp have turned them down (but I suppose there's time for them to change their minds), maybe Van Gaal as a stand in for a couple of years? That club needs some serious work anyway, a new manager won't magically fix things - they need to replace the entire back line and central midfield for one thing. People expecting them to bounce back next season will be disappointed.

Mind you, if Liverpool can go from 7th to where they are now...who knows?

Speaking of...THREE games to go. If anyone's interested, you can get 5/1 on city winning the league and, seeing as they go above Liverpool on goal difference if they lose (Chelsea at home and Palace away ain't easy), that's quite generous.
By Bruvva
Heh, well that's a weight off my shoulders, not too downhearted with probably missing out on winning the league, CL qualification was the very best that Liverpool could have hoped for this season (and I had serious doubts about that) so an actual proper league challenge was quite entertaining. Yes I know it could still happen but Liverpool would have to beat both Palace and Newcastle about 6-0 to get the goal difference back, so unlikely. Just need to buy 4-5 players to make sure the squad can compete next season with the additional Champions League games, of which there will be 6 - being seeded 3rd means we're unlikely to get past the group stages.
By chrysostom
The top 4 Liverpool seem to be back, which is very bad news for everyone - but mostly for Man Utd & Arsenal. Not to mention Everton & Spurs' hopes of getting into the Champion's League.
By dimtimjim
Quality first post, well done you. Took 11 years in the coming!

Fingers crossed...
By Bruvva
chrysostom wrote:The top 4 Liverpool seem to be back, which is very bad news for everyone - but mostly for Man Utd & Arsenal. Not to mention Everton & Spurs' hopes of getting into the Champion's League.

Well, we'll see how next season pans out. As I say, a handful of signings are needed, the squad is thin - Henderson's absence in particular has been noticeable and if you watched the game on Sunday, there really wasn't any options on the bench to try and change things. Still, CL may make the club more attractive and get a better quality of player in than, say, Aspas.
By dimtimjim
Sidders wrote:It was actually me, I seem to have two accounts randomly. I have no idea why.

So you can have comedic arguments with yourself, in a Badger sty-lee?! :wink:
By Bruvva
I'll just leave this here

and also

https://vine.co/v/Mrml3TbHtFM
By The Deadly
The media and in turn sections of the general public. The media love affair with Liverpool is my least favourite thing about this season.
By Bruvva
I fully expect fans of other clubs to have a good old chuckle at the Phil Collins loving captain of Liverpool, all part of football's rich tapestry. He does have a tendency to do that kind of thing, own goal against Chelsea in a league cup final, setting up a goal for France in a World Cup are just two examples that spring to mind.

But, feeling sorry for Terry? Should be illegal, the man is an ABSOLUTE *.
By bmstinton93
Suarez crying is one of the funniest things I've seen for a very long time.

As much as I was happy at this result, what effect could this terrible end of the season have for those Liverpool players representing England in the summer, particularly Gerrard?
By dimtimjim
I'm in the 'couldn't really give a shite' camp; but to hear the Liverpoo ('L' dropped on purpose) result did make me chuckle.

Close, but no see-gar!
By Bruvva
Meh, Guardian podcast had it right, there's only so often a good attack can get you out of trouble really. That result had been coming in the last few games, who'd have thought that Henderson would be missed quite so much? Especially against Chelsea. Shouldn't really be downhearted by the ultimate failure to win the league, few people thought Liverpool would even get into the top 4 so, as disappointing as it all ultimately is, I'll happily take this season. The real trick is to maintain a top 4 place next season.

Editing gap to come for a few days.