Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Bruvva
Sod that, it's cold out there.
By Bonanzoid
At those odds, Everton are worth a punt. I've been really impressed with how they've played this year, as many have. As a footballing team, they're better than United and Spurs and on a par with Liverpool. That's not purely biased, there have been weeks where Everton have far outclassed Liverpool, and vice versa.

No way I'd back United at those odds, and Liverpool being odds on means I won't touch them either. Too much 2p 5p bum action if we got close...
By The Deadly
Ronaldo wins! These award ceremonies just serve as a reminder to me of how much I'd like to punch Sebb Blatter in the face.
By Bruvva
Of course the other significant factor in all that I posted above is goal difference. As it stands, Liverpool's is 25, Everton's 15, Man U's 11 and Tottenham's 1 so all that could be quite important at the end of the season.
By Bruvva
Peterborough 2 - KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS 3

Hurrah for FA Cup upsets. Shame the lad who scored the winner is being sold to Huddersfield after tonight but going from playing for Littleton last year (scoring 88 goals in 83 games for them) to Huddersfield in less than 12 months is good going for him, good luck to the lad.

Oh hang on, just remembered who the Peterborough manager's father is...an added * YOU, YOU * then.
By bmstinton93
Very well done to Kidderminster, although when you do win the FA Cup and start getting up yourselves please don't kick us out of your ground.
By dimtimjim
Bruvva wrote:Peterborough 2 - KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS 3

Yes, I must admit Bruv, I heard that this morning and thought of you (well, your sister first, but...)

Well done Kiddy.
By Bruvva
Utd v Sunderland penalty shootout then. Did they make the united players wear clown shoes for it or something?

Inept. Very, very, very funny but hugely inept.

Moyes in.
By The Deadly
It's an extremely funny situation at United that I desperately want to continue. The way the camera focuses in on Fergie at the exact moment disappointment is confirmed is currently my favourite moment in sport.
By Bruvva
By dimtimjim
:lol:
By Yudster
The Deadly wrote:It's an extremely funny situation at United that I desperately want to continue. The way the camera focuses in on Fergie at the exact moment disappointment is confirmed is currently my favourite moment in sport.

I'm no longer convinced that the emotion Fergie is feeling at the collapse of United is disappointment. I think it may be a combination of relief and satisfaction - relief that he got out when he did, and satisfaction that all this can be presented as a result of him leaving.

I must admit that I couldn't stop myself laughing when deGea carefully placed the ball in the net, and by the end of the shootout it was close to hysteria! Not diplomatic, but really...
By dimtimjim
Yudster wrote: and satisfaction that all this can be presented as a result of him leaving.

Yes, good point. The demise only further cementing his 'legendary' status. Even though, the majority of the players messing it up this season, are still his legacy...

Do feel for Moyes, a bit. Must be very trying for him, personally.
By chrysostom
That adds to his legend more though, that he is able to get the best out of these players - and that his presence/influence was the primary factor in Utd's success.
By Bruvva
Last bit of laughing at them for today :

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/drunken-manchester-united-fan-calls-6554934

dimtimjim wrote:Do feel for Moyes, a bit. Must be very trying for him, personally.

Stay strong, the feeling will pass.
By dimtimjim
I did only say 'a bit'...!
By chrysostom
I still can't believe Mourinho is selling Mata to United. Seems as though it's a short term plan to help United take points off Arsenal, Liverpool & City (a plan which is also in place with Everton & Lukaku, and presumably was hoped of Moses at Liverpool before they became actually good).

Unless the player himself is forcing the transfer to this particular club, I cannot see why Chelsea would want to directly contribute to ending a slump in form & squad quality at one of the biggest clubs in England.
By The Deadly
I firmly believe he is a manager who is best at a certain level and with a certain kind of player. Everton was an ideal club for him. Low expectations and hard working industrious players who shared his vision. The United players needed someone to come in who had managed at the very highest level and won the big trophies. Moyes just doesn't command the respect if the current squad which is why the only way he can survive is by signing a whole new team with players who share his philosophy.
By The Deadly
chrysostom wrote:I still can't believe Mourinho is selling Mata to United. Seems as though it's a short term plan to help United take points off Arsenal, Liverpool & City (a plan which is also in place with Everton & Lukaku, and presumably was hoped of Moses at Liverpool before they became actually good).

Unless the player himself is forcing the transfer to this particular club, I cannot see why Chelsea would want to directly contribute to ending a slump in form & squad quality at one of the biggest clubs in England.

£40 million for a bench player is tremendous business for Chelsea. If I were Mourinho I'd have ensured Rooney was part of the deal or just done a straight swap. Clearly there is an issue between Moyes and Rooney.
By Bruvva
Not convinced Mata is the answer to all of United's woes, no doubting he's a good player and with him, Rooney and RvP all playing they'll certainly score more than they concede. All the hullabaloo about them winning with Mata in the team kind of ignored the fact that they were playing Cardiff at home, hardly a challenge. They have Everton away coming up, that'll be more of a challenge. Assuming Everton actually turn up, unlike the game at Anfield.

THIS is a curious thing, on the face of it, it appears that Chelsea are involved in third party ownership of players, which isn't allowed in the Premier League.
By Bruvva
There are times when I really, really, really like football.

Today is one of those days.
By Bonanzoid
Same here. Liverpool stuff the leaders, St. Johnstone ease through to the next round of the Scottish Cup and so do Aberdeen by knocking out Celtic on their turf. Absolutely beautiful.
By Bruvva

Take that Hucknall.
By Bruvva
Right, I'll say this now. United are out of the race for Champions League qualification via the league.

With 13 games left, Liverpool need to lose 4 games more than Man United in order for Man U to qualify. Spurs would also have to lose 3, and Everton 2.
Put another way. Liverpool would have to lose 1/3 of their remaining games and Man U would have to win "Every" game.

Bastards will go and win the CL now and get in that way, just to annoy me.

Small editing gap to come