Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By slaphead1982
Will anybody be able to get the red button commenary on here? A loooooong shot I know but you never know for sure.
By The Deadly
Gotta hand it to Murray he played incredibly well. I'm happy to lose a tenner after that display.
By Yudster
I have said repeatedly in the past that I didn't believe that Andy Murray would ever be more than a very good also-ran, and that he would probably never win a Slam event and definitely not Wimbledon. I haven't said that since he teamed up with Lendl, because only then did I think he started looking the part as a player. I also liked the changes in his on-court attitude, the obvious effort he made to be more media-friendly and his general improvement how he projected himself - and I became if not a fan, at least a sincere admirer.

I have never been happier to be 100% wrong about anything than I was yesterday.

And as an English person I don't think I would habitually describe myself as British - so I am very happy for Andy Murray to be a proud Scottish person. Och aye the noo and all that.
By Topher
HA94 wrote:
The Deadly wrote:I have a fiver on Djokovic straight sets. Come on Nole!

Nice of you not to be 100% patriotic.

Why should he be? If he doesn't like Murray (I don't know if he does or not), why should he support him just because he's British?
By Bonanzoid
Yudster wrote:I have said repeatedly in the past that I didn't believe that Andy Murray would ever be more than a very good also-ran, and that he would probably never win a Slam event and definitely not Wimbledon. I haven't said that since he teamed up with Lendl, because only then did I think he started looking the part as a player. I also liked the changes in his on-court attitude, the obvious effort he made to be more media-friendly and his general improvement how he projected himself - and I became if not a fan, at least a sincere admirer.

I have never been happier to be 100% wrong about anything than I was yesterday.

And as an English person I don't think I would habitually describe myself as British - so I am very happy for Andy Murray to be a proud Scottish person. Och aye the noo and all that.

I held a similar view, but yesterday was the pinnacle of what he has worked so hard to achieve. He's strived to improve every aspect of his game and I have the utmost respect for him for that. I was quite happy to hold my hands up a while ago and admit I was wrong about him, but still a British winner of Wimbledon still seemed like a pipe dream and I still can't quite believe what I witnessed yesterday. It was a dogged, determined and downright brutally effective display to overpower a man who's also an unbelievable athlete.

Move over Rafa vs Federer, it's time for Murray vs Djokovic.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]