Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.

Who Should Tim take Riding in Spain for the Weekend. Vote but then post reasons.

Badger
40%
Ben
10%
Chrys
No votes
0%
Yudster
10%
Deadly
10%
Misfit
No votes
0%
Ducky
5%
Zoot
No votes
0%
Footloose
No votes
0%
Ballbag
No votes
0%
JayE
5%
Johnny English
No votes
0%
Travis Bickle
No votes
0%
His Mum
No votes
0%
His Wife
No votes
0%
His best Man
5%
The man who works at the Garage where he stops for fuel, who has bad teeth, long silver hair in a comb over and smelly breath.
5%
Mr Red.
10%
By Misfit
Deadly wrote:Nice argument you have there champ.

Fine.

Being able to ride on and off a pavement depends on your type of bike. Mine isn't allowed to go on the pavement, and as I said, I hop onto the roads. the reason for this is pedestrians being on them. If there is no one in front of me on the pavement, I ride on it, its safer to do so. The majority of people who do ride on the pavements are kids/teenagers riding to school, youth clubs, local park to get leathered etc etc. Any serious commuter will most likely ride on the road. I agree, you should ride on the rode, with a helmet with lights, a bell etc and that pedestrians shouldn't be put in danger, but id rather ride on the pavement than get dragged under a bus or car whos in too much of a rush and is undertaking using the cycle lane. its a case of being sensible and riding with respect for others around you.

Misfit wrote:NO NO YOU'RE WRONG.

Its how most debates end around here, someone insisting the other is wrong until the other person cant be arsed to argue anymore. thought I would give it a go.
By Yudster
If they are observant and considerate of pedestrians, I don't have any issues with cyclists riding on the pavement. And if they aren't, and I or Baby Yudster get hit, well, I'll take them for every penny they have.
By dimtimjim
Funnily enough I nearly wiped out a cyclist last night - the rocket scientist was riding on the wrong side of the road, wearing all black, with no light. Luckily I saw him at the very last second and swerved round him, but I bet he let out more poo than I did... Silly twunt.

Anyhoo, Mr Brain Juice. He was let out yesterday, but is not out of the woods yet by any stretch of the imagination. He has been told he cannot drive for 6 months, can't fly for 2 months and cannot do any exercise for 6 weeks. The hearing damage question is still up in the air, it may improve as his skull fracture heals, but they are not certain.

On the plus side, the police are now involved and apparently have the incident on CCTV. They think they have an idea who it is. They did state they were quite keen to get a conviction on this one due to the nature of the damage to my friend. (If someone can do THAT much damage with one punch, they are obviously trained in boxing or similar and if out on the town with that sort of attitude, may as well be carrying a knife) My friend will be due compensation for his injuries, and has offered to pay me back my wasted money for the Euro-trip so I am not out of pocket for his incident, which is nice and a weight off my mind.

So, very sorry to Badger, as he was the clear leader (although I really wanted to take Yuddles) but it seems the whole trip is being cancelled. :(
By a-moron
Glad to hear Mr BJ has been let out Timmy.

Disappointed I'll not get to put on my Power Rangers costume.

Thanks to everyone who voted though, it means a lot to me.

*sniffs*

It was an honour just to be nominated if I'm being honest.

*sobs*

But to beat off such strong competition and to see how much you guys all care, it really touched me here.

I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for my mom.
Mom, I love you. Thanks for letting my dad sperm you up.

And I also got to thank Jesus.

The janitor at my kids school. Love you Jesus.

In fact. I love you all.

God bless you.

*starts wailing uncontrollably*

Music plays. Lights fade.
By DevilsDuck
I thought beating off DTJ would have given you a better chance, rather than the competition

;)

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]