Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500766
FECK YEAH!!!

Just had confirmation email... My PS4 will be delivered ON RELEASE DAY!! :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)

I'm so excited I could spaff. :?
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500772
Umm... you appear to have glossed over my PS4 news...?! or THE news, to give it it's correct title. :wink:
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500775
True, but as I spent that money at least 2 months before the incident happened, my conscience is clear.

nice to know how you're channelling your funds, though. Good man.
User avatar
By chrysostom
#500776
I'd venture a guess that DTJ contributes his fair share to charity though (which of course is his business, and imo limited to what you feel like giving at any point in time). That logic can almost be applied to any luxury expense, no matter how big or small.
User avatar
By The Deadly
#500777
I gave support a bit closer to home. There are quite a few kids from the Philippines in my daughters year at school and they have lost everything back home. They don't even know if extended family members are alive or dead. Apparently according to my daughter they often cry in school so I'm not sure why they are being sent in at the moment. As soon as they know where to send things to we are going to send a shit load of clothes and other things to the town they are from.
Last edited by The Deadly on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By The Deadly
#500778
chrysostom wrote:I'd venture a guess that DTJ contributes his fair share to charity though (which of course is his business, and imo limited to what you feel like giving at any point in time). That logic can almost be applied to any luxury expense, no matter how big or small.


No you're right. I was just being political for no reason and it wasn't an attempt to blame him for a cyclone or anything like that. Although I do blame him for the boogie.
By bmstinton93
#500780
dimtimjim wrote:FECK YEAH!!!

Just had confirmation email... My PS4 will be delivered ON RELEASE DAY!! :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)

I'm so excited I could spaff. :?


Well ill be playing next gen a week before you when my superior xbox one arrives next Friday...
User avatar
By The Deadly
#500782
bmstinton93 wrote:
dimtimjim wrote:FECK YEAH!!!

Just had confirmation email... My PS4 will be delivered ON RELEASE DAY!! :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)

I'm so excited I could spaff. :?


Well ill be playing next gen a week before you when my superior xbox one arrives next Friday...


I'm still undecided over which one to get so I'm looking forward to a full review from both of you.
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500783
bmstinton93 wrote: superior xbox one


Erm... Superior, how?!!

Have you actually seen any of the direct comparison stuff and technical spec V's...? And for an extra £100. ROFL.
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500786
chrysostom wrote:It doesn't matter, they're both basically the same


not so. They both have the same main processor, but the supporting architecture in both machines is quite different - far too much to go into here, do your own research if you're that bothered. In summary - the xbox has a higher clock speed, the PS4 has more core connections and better supporting chip sets, which in turn offers developers more options on how to divide/manage internal processes.

chrysostom wrote:but the xbox comes with the movement sensor included (hence the extra £100)


Pffft, I'm not 12 any more - who cares!

chrysostom wrote:Basically, buy the one with the controller you like.


Now THAT, I cannot argue with. Or the loyalty argument. Or the 'what all my friends will get' argument.

But, technically superior, no. And my games developing friend will concur; they are managing to code games much easier for the new PS4 chip set than the xbox one.
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500788
good plan, they're getting to be worth cash these days.... Sega megadrive for £300...! Wish I'd kept all my old systems... :cry:
User avatar
By Topher
#500790
I like my Wii with Mario Kart. I'd quite like a Wii U.
By bmstinton93
#500815
Re PS4 argument, tim actually does have a point and ive heard a few negative things recently but the xbox one still appeals more to me for the multimedia aspect and in reality there isn't a great deal difference in game play. Also, this came today.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1384529910221.jpg
By swaddon1903
#500818
The Deadly wrote:Until a new games console can perform fellatio on me I refuse to get excited.


You can get an add-on for the Wii that does just that.
User avatar
By The Deadly
#500819
swaddon1903 wrote:
The Deadly wrote:Until a new games console can perform fellatio on me I refuse to get excited.


You can get an add-on for the Wii that does just that.


Wanna play two player???
By bmstinton93
#500888
My Xbox One has come! I have wires and leads all over the place due to a quick set up but it will all be worth it!
By bmstinton93
#500890
So far kinect works perfectly and I managed to redeem a code simply by holding a qr code up it the sensor and the multitasking with watching tv at the same time is also ace. On the gaming front, call of duty is still installing after an hour so not much progress there...
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500892
bmstinton93 wrote:My Xbox One has come! I have wires and leads all over the place due to a quick set up but it will all be worth it!



congrats Benji, enjoy...

bmstinton93 wrote: On the gaming front, call of duty is still installing after an hour so not much progress there...


I do believe 'ROFL' applies here. :wink:
  • 1
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
Aled Haydn Jones. Head Of Radio 1.

And now Producer Sam is going to be Head of 6 Musi[…]

Chris is in the news again.

It's hardly the presenters' fault if ad revenue is[…]

Hi Jamie I noticed YouTube channel Waynecarr949 i[…]