Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#499983
Yeah, as I said, I wasn't really objecting to the price. It seems a lot to me, but I don't play computer games. Unless we're in dire financial straits (ie not making rent, not able to afford to eat, etc) then he can spend his money on whatever he wants.
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#499984
ooh, Mr Red has just gone up in my opinion (not that I really had one either way before...).

And yes Andy, that is a good way to look at it.

I know on BF3 i'm up to nearly 500 hours now(not including loading time!), so that works out good on £'s per hour. not that I expect to play GTA anywhere near as much, but still...

Went out at lunch, the queue outside Game was out the door, but got it in the end.

Good luck Ben..! Fingers crossed for you dude.
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#499987
One of the most expensive games ever to develop (£17M), but given they estimate it'll bring in £1,000,000,000 over it's shelf life, hardly a poor investment.
User avatar
By flyingbadger
#499988
dimtimjim wrote:One of the most expensive games ever to develop (£17M), but given they estimate it'll bring in £1,000,000,000 over it's shelf life, hardly a poor investment.


some news website thingy somewhere or another wrote:Grand Theft Auto V reportedly cost around £170m to make and market - more than films such as Avatar.
Last edited by flyingbadger on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Yudster
#499990
Several people I know who pre-ordered GTA got it on Monday.
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#499991
flyingbadger wrote:
dimtimjim wrote:One of the most expensive games ever to develop (£17M), but given they estimate it'll bring in £1,000,000,000 over it's shelf life, hardly a poor investment.


some news website thingy somewhere or another wrote:Grand Theft Auto V reportedly cost around £170m to make and market - more than films such as Avatar.


Oops, soz, missed an '0' off..! Doh!

Yudster wrote:Several people I know who pre-ordered GTA got it on Monday.


Yeah, dunno what the fuss is about. People would soon be kicking off if they got it a day late, better a day early to my mind. Only shit thing was people who got it Saturday/Monday taking it to CEX to trade it in! Gits!
By bmstinton93
#499998
Concerning prices of video games, I see them as very acceptable with the amount of playtime you get out of them compared to a 2 hour DVD you may watch a couple of times.

And mine came today although I haven't yet played it as I had an unexpected but lovely night out with a few friends tonight. Was a great distraction from all the shit going on lately.
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500001
bmstinton93 wrote:lovely night out with a few friends tonight. Was a great distraction from all the shit going on lately.


Good4U.

bmstinton93 wrote:And mine came today although I haven't yet played it


Its gooooood! Its very gooooood! Won't spoil it for you, but numerous changes to the game physics/AI has vastly improved it, and I could only invest 1.5 hours last night! Whoop!
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#500002
Should I move this stuff to the gaming thread? It definitely doesn't belong in the Annoying thread.
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#500006
Done :)
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500007
I see it was Lottie who took the gaming thread into the annoying thread. Honestly, that girl.... :wink:

Hope you feel better now Nic! :lol:
User avatar
By charla
#500008
In fairness, I was bloody annoyed! I still am, still got nothing.
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#500010
Oh, sorry to hear that Lottie..!
User avatar
By neilt0
#500036
charlalottie wrote:In fairness, I was bloody annoyed! I still am, still got nothing.

Ditto. Where did you order from? I'm going to storm the local Post Office Sorting Office tomorrow! Office.

Office.
User avatar
By The Deadly
#500038
If you guys had got it from your local games outlet at midnight you wouldn't have this silly bother.
By bmstinton93
#500056
I refused to get sucked into the hype surrounding GTA V but my oh my it lives up to it. What a way to see out this generation of consoles! I even played a tennis match on it earlier. Very impressed.
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 13

What was said about Dave? It was just the Debbie[…]