Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By JayE
Yeah, it looks quite good, I have an Xbox 360 at the moment, but I'm still 50/50 on if I'm going to get the PlayStation 4 or the Xbox One. Not sure yet.
By bmstinton93
Fable 3 is available to download for free over Xbox Live today. Fable 2 was an incredible game and for some reason I never bought Fable 3 so I'm certainly happy to get it for free and try it out.
By dimtimjim
E3 show this week, nob-socks. Stand by for important PS4 and BF4 news... whoop!
By Bonanzoid
bmstinton93 wrote:Fable 3 is available to download for free over Xbox Live today. Fable 2 was an incredible game and for some reason I never bought Fable 3 so I'm certainly happy to get it for free and try it out.

I tried to download it, then realised the game is bigger than my console's memory. Bollocks.
By bmstinton93
So the Xbox One is out in November at £429. I don't think that's massively unreasonable. A lot of phones nowadays are over £500.
By dimtimjim
Luckily the PS4 is gonna be cheaper, Sony learning from last time. And no restrictions on second hand games.

1st round to Sony...
By chrysostom
While I don't think that £429 is unreasonable, I do think it's unacceptable that the US launch price is $499 - which works out at £329

PS4 will be £350, which will definitely push more people towards it. I think the cost of kinect is what Xbox are struggling to cope with - I'll likely wait until the second iteration of the console comes out to buy it.
By The Deadly
The PS4 has a lot more going for it purely from a gaming standpoint. It isn't trying to be a million things at once like the Xbox and it is more affordable. Sony might win the war pury because they are way more liberal when it comes to Pre-owned games.

That said the Playstation controller is a massive pile of crap and I'm dreading getting used to it again.
By chrysostom
That's the biggest issue for me - the controller is wank, and is built for people with small hands.

I enjoy using my Xbox to play videos via USB and use Netflix with - essentially it saves me the money on buying a smart TV, so if it came with a good camera and Skype (as well as a decent remote which allowed for typing/scolling) then I would see the benefits of keeping with Xbox.

Does the PS4 do many of the same things?
By bmstinton93
From a gaming point of view and pricing it really seems like the PS4 has won. But the Skype integration and multitasking of the Xbox One is really impressing me still as well as all the tv features so I will definitely buy the Xbox on day one still. £429 is definitely not unreasonable plus if I use my Sainsburys discount I can save a good £40 + on that, plus use any nectar points I have which is currently £20, bringing it down to pretty much the same price as the PS4 for me!
By dimtimjim
chrysostom wrote:That's the biggest issue for me - the controller is wank, and is built for people with small hands.

I enjoy using my Xbox to play videos via USB and use Netflix with - essentially it saves me the money on buying a smart TV, so if it came with a good camera and Skype (as well as a decent remote which allowed for typing/scolling) then I would see the benefits of keeping with Xbox.

Does the PS4 do many of the same things?

All of the same, really...

I'm the reverse with controllers though, hate the gay-box one. Although I do get where you're coming from about hand size, but it works ok for me and is what I've been used to since 1st PlayStation in mid 90's...
By Bruvva
So..in summary, Microsoft thought it would be a really clever idea to bring out a console that:

Requires you to tell them EVERY DAY that you're being a good boy otherwise it'll lock up
Makes it impossible to just take FIFA round your mate's house and play
Expects you to PAY THEM A FEE if you want to sell your game second-hand
And on and on. Sony turned up and said "Yeah, we're not doing that, everything's staying the same" and people have reacted like it's VE day.

Utterly depressing that people are whooping and hollering just because they're not getting *.
By The Deadly
Bruvva wrote:So..in summary, Microsoft thought it would be a really clever idea to bring out a console that:

Requires you to tell them EVERY DAY that you're being a good boy otherwise it'll lock up
And on and on. Sony turned up and said "Yeah, we're not doing that, everything's staying the same" and people have reacted like it's VE day.

Utterly depressing that people are whooping and hollering just because they're not getting *.

This.
By dimtimjim
Bruvva wrote:So..in summary, Microsoft thought it would be a really clever idea to bring out a console that:

And on and on. Sony turned up and said "Yeah, we're not doing that, everything's staying the same"

Yeah, funny, innit.
By neilt0
The PS4 is going to be region-free, so the hardware could be even cheaper if it's grey-imported.
By dimtimjim
Build up an established and loyal following, then * em up the arse...

Reminds me of when R1 let Chris go... :wink:
By chrysostom
They're going to have to dish out some huge freebies to make up for it - given that xbox live is ~£40 per year, there is no way they'll be able to keep charging that.
By bmstinton93
The Deadly wrote:Probably too late now seeing as all the technology is in place. They really dropped the ball.

The preowned thing isn't. Isn't that down to the publishers? If the publishers aren't doing it for PS4 they may choose not to for Xbox.
By R94N
dimtimjim wrote:Luckily the PS4 is gonna be cheaper, Sony learning from last time. And no restrictions on second hand games.

1st round to Sony...

By Nicola_Red
Badger Mark wrote:Anybody else playing The Simpsons Tapped Out game? It's a tablet/phone-based game put out by EA. I would never consider myself a gamer, but I am completely obsessed with this game. I can't believe my wife hasn't ripped the iPad out of my hands demanding that I stop playing it. My 2 kids are kind of hooked on it now as well.

I play that too! This is the first time I've even ventured into this thread as I don't play any console/PC games - my eyes are too sensitive for the graphics - but I really like the Simpsons one. I've managed to resist spending any real money on it so far! It makes me wonder if I might like Sim City as it seems to be basically a Simpsons-themed rip-off of that. The only other games I've ever played are Tetris, PacMan and Space Invaders. Oh and I went through an Angry Birds phase a couple years ago, but got bored of it.
By Boboff
i have spent two days playing Incursion on Kronegate, gotta love a good Tower defence game, however after completing it it has left me with the usual sense that I have wasted my time completely.

How do you Gamers get over this stage?

Saturday show is up. It looks like the beginning […]