Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By R94N
It seems weird that they are planning on adding extra stuff on to the game and keep it fresh for a few years afterwards despite it being essentially the end of this console generation. Maybe they are planning to port it over to the new consoles as well in some way.
By Bonanzoid
chrysostom wrote:22nd November release date for Xbox One.

Best start saving...

Apparently you can get Fifa free if you preorder it.
By dimtimjim
Feck yeah, feck yeah, feck yeah!!!

I just ordered my PS4..! Complete with BF4.

I'm so excited I could jizz.
By dimtimjim
charlalottie wrote:GTA still hasn't arrived yet.

I love you.

I have been trying to be such a good boy and not infect you lot with the hype surrounding GTA-V.

I've not pre-ordered, so as to avoid postman delays, but plan to pop out at lunch and get it from somewhere. Whoop!
By Nicola_Red
Mr Red threatened last night to go out and queue up at midnight for it (we live over the road from HMV). I told him no on the grounds that he'd wake me up coming back in. I think he was just surprised that I didn't say no cos it's a computer game and costs almost £50.
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, as I said, I wasn't really objecting to the price. It seems a lot to me, but I don't play computer games. Unless we're in dire financial straits (ie not making rent, not able to afford to eat, etc) then he can spend his money on whatever he wants.
By dimtimjim
ooh, Mr Red has just gone up in my opinion (not that I really had one either way before...).

And yes Andy, that is a good way to look at it.

I know on BF3 i'm up to nearly 500 hours now(not including loading time!), so that works out good on £'s per hour. not that I expect to play GTA anywhere near as much, but still...

Went out at lunch, the queue outside Game was out the door, but got it in the end.

Good luck Ben..! Fingers crossed for you dude.
By dimtimjim
One of the most expensive games ever to develop (£17M), but given they estimate it'll bring in £1,000,000,000 over it's shelf life, hardly a poor investment.
By flyingbadger
dimtimjim wrote:One of the most expensive games ever to develop (£17M), but given they estimate it'll bring in £1,000,000,000 over it's shelf life, hardly a poor investment.

some news website thingy somewhere or another wrote:Grand Theft Auto V reportedly cost around £170m to make and market - more than films such as Avatar.
Last edited by flyingbadger on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Yudster
Several people I know who pre-ordered GTA got it on Monday.
By dimtimjim
flyingbadger wrote:
dimtimjim wrote:One of the most expensive games ever to develop (£17M), but given they estimate it'll bring in £1,000,000,000 over it's shelf life, hardly a poor investment.

some news website thingy somewhere or another wrote:Grand Theft Auto V reportedly cost around £170m to make and market - more than films such as Avatar.

Oops, soz, missed an '0' off..! Doh!

Yudster wrote:Several people I know who pre-ordered GTA got it on Monday.

Yeah, dunno what the fuss is about. People would soon be kicking off if they got it a day late, better a day early to my mind. Only shit thing was people who got it Saturday/Monday taking it to CEX to trade it in! Gits!
By bmstinton93
Concerning prices of video games, I see them as very acceptable with the amount of playtime you get out of them compared to a 2 hour DVD you may watch a couple of times.

And mine came today although I haven't yet played it as I had an unexpected but lovely night out with a few friends tonight. Was a great distraction from all the shit going on lately.

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]