Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By The Deadly
chrysostom wrote:FIFA 14. Gameplay is much slower than 13, and the players are much more fallible with their first touch & dribbling. Still getting used to it...

I hate it. Somehow in more or less every way it is worse than last years version for me. The career mode has been turned into a farce with the inclusion if the new scouting system and the commentary is extremely repetetive. if I hear the same story about Spurs winning a major trophy every decade for the last 60 years I'll scream.
I urge you to give PES a try. It's not perfect but greatly improved when compared to previous versions.
By bmstinton93
Supposedly EA have just held everything off for the next gen version this time around. The Xbox One version is meant to be massively better than the 360 one.
By Bonanzoid
For the first time in a while, I don't yet have the new FIFA. I'm quite content with GTA for the time being.

Sad as it is too, but I've a 92 rated 23 year old striker on my FIFA 13 career and I want to keep going to see just how good he'll become. He really is ridiculous already.
By The Deadly
chrysostom wrote:I like visual detail in football games, so PES is off the table for me unfortunately

I found that had also improved. Check out the demo if you can, I was pleasantly surprised.
By dimtimjim
bmstinton93 wrote:Well we can't even connect to each other. :( Damn

Gay-Box faggots. Mwhahahahahaaaa! :wink:
By dimtimjim
FECK YEAH!!!

Just had confirmation email... My PS4 will be delivered ON RELEASE DAY!! :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)

I'm so excited I could spaff. :?
By dimtimjim
Umm... you appear to have glossed over my PS4 news...?! or THE news, to give it it's correct title. :wink:
By dimtimjim
True, but as I spent that money at least 2 months before the incident happened, my conscience is clear.

nice to know how you're channelling your funds, though. Good man.
By chrysostom
I'd venture a guess that DTJ contributes his fair share to charity though (which of course is his business, and imo limited to what you feel like giving at any point in time). That logic can almost be applied to any luxury expense, no matter how big or small.
By The Deadly
I gave support a bit closer to home. There are quite a few kids from the Philippines in my daughters year at school and they have lost everything back home. They don't even know if extended family members are alive or dead. Apparently according to my daughter they often cry in school so I'm not sure why they are being sent in at the moment. As soon as they know where to send things to we are going to send a shit load of clothes and other things to the town they are from.
Last edited by The Deadly on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By The Deadly
chrysostom wrote:I'd venture a guess that DTJ contributes his fair share to charity though (which of course is his business, and imo limited to what you feel like giving at any point in time). That logic can almost be applied to any luxury expense, no matter how big or small.

No you're right. I was just being political for no reason and it wasn't an attempt to blame him for a cyclone or anything like that. Although I do blame him for the boogie.
By bmstinton93
dimtimjim wrote:FECK YEAH!!!

Just had confirmation email... My PS4 will be delivered ON RELEASE DAY!! :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)

Well ill be playing next gen a week before you when my superior xbox one arrives next Friday...
By The Deadly
bmstinton93 wrote:
dimtimjim wrote:FECK YEAH!!!

Well ill be playing next gen a week before you when my superior xbox one arrives next Friday...

I'm still undecided over which one to get so I'm looking forward to a full review from both of you.
By dimtimjim
bmstinton93 wrote: superior xbox one

Erm... Superior, how?!!

Have you actually seen any of the direct comparison stuff and technical spec V's...? And for an extra £100. ROFL.
By dimtimjim
chrysostom wrote:It doesn't matter, they're both basically the same

not so. They both have the same main processor, but the supporting architecture in both machines is quite different - far too much to go into here, do your own research if you're that bothered. In summary - the xbox has a higher clock speed, the PS4 has more core connections and better supporting chip sets, which in turn offers developers more options on how to divide/manage internal processes.

chrysostom wrote:but the xbox comes with the movement sensor included (hence the extra £100)

Pffft, I'm not 12 any more - who cares!

chrysostom wrote:Basically, buy the one with the controller you like.

Now THAT, I cannot argue with. Or the loyalty argument. Or the 'what all my friends will get' argument.

But, technically superior, no. And my games developing friend will concur; they are managing to code games much easier for the new PS4 chip set than the xbox one.
By dimtimjim
good plan, they're getting to be worth cash these days.... Sega megadrive for £300...! Wish I'd kept all my old systems... :cry:

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]