Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
User avatar
By Bonanzoid
#491690
If there's no interest in this, at least it can slide towards obscurity.

Anyone engrossed in any particular game at the moment? I've waited long enough, but I'm working my way through Assassin's Creed 2 and it's absolutely brilliant.

Also, has anyone played Borderlands 2? I got it just after Christmas and was massively underwhelmed. The script and dialogue was very well written and performed, but the gameplay lets it down I reckon.
By bmstinton93
#491691
I bought Assassins Creed 3 when it came out after having really really enjoyed every other game but I haven't seemed to massively get into it yet. I haven't touched it for a coupe of months. I'll have to pick it up again sometime.
User avatar
By Longview01
#491692
Ni No Kuni

Such an awesome game

Image
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#491704
I'm still properly into my BF3, cracking game which has been extended by the release of all the 'premium' packs.

Crysis 3 comes out in a few weeks, which should be great (although I'm biased as my mate was one of the peeps who made it).
By JayE
#491707
It's quite an old game but I'm well into playing a game called Hog's of War for the playstation 1. I play it every weekend and it's great fun to play on your own and also on multiplayer. You're basically pigs in the army and you have to defeat all the other pigs on your opponents team. Great fun.
User avatar
By Longview01
#491710
JayE wrote:It's quite an old game but I'm well into playing a game called Hog's of War for the playstation 1. I play it every weekend and it's great fun to play on your own and also on multiplayer. You're basically pigs in the army and you have to defeat all the other pigs on your opponents team. Great fun.


Oh man I loved that game, Rik Mayall did all the voices which was awesome
By bmstinton93
#491715
dimtimjim wrote:I'm still properly into my BF3, cracking game which has been extended by the release of all the 'premium' packs.

Crysis 3 comes out in a few weeks, which should be great (although I'm biased as my mate was one of the peeps who made it).

I really wish I'd bought Battlefield 3 now! I had number 2 and Bad company and loved them but for some reason I made the conscious decision not to buy Battlefield 3 and kind of wish I did now
User avatar
By dimtimjim
#491718
bmstinton93 wrote:I really wish I'd bought Battlefield 3 now! I had number 2 and Bad company and loved them but for some reason I made the conscious decision not to buy Battlefield 3 and kind of wish I did now


Firstly, silly boy. Secondly, BUY IT! As I said, the last 'update' is still to be released, so the game still has ages left to run, 1000's of servers to chose from every day. You'll need to budget in going 'premium' (which'll cost ya £30), but you can pick up the game itself now for ~£10, so all in usual price for a game.
By bmstinton93
#491720
It really is tempting but I hardly get much time anymore anyway and knowing my luck there'll be a new one out soon.
By JayE
#491724
Longview01 wrote:
JayE wrote:It's quite an old game but I'm well into playing a game called Hog's of War for the playstation 1. I play it every weekend and it's great fun to play on your own and also on multiplayer. You're basically pigs in the army and you have to defeat all the other pigs on your opponents team. Great fun.


Oh man I loved that game, Rik Mayall did all the voices which was awesome


It's true. Rik Mayall is a legend. He added loads of comedy to the game.
User avatar
By Longview01
#491730
JayE wrote:
Longview01 wrote:
JayE wrote:It's quite an old game but I'm well into playing a game called Hog's of War for the playstation 1. I play it every weekend and it's great fun to play on your own and also on multiplayer. You're basically pigs in the army and you have to defeat all the other pigs on your opponents team. Great fun.


Oh man I loved that game, Rik Mayall did all the voices which was awesome


It's true. Rik Mayall is a legend. He added loads of comedy to the game.


You playing the original game or did you download it on PSN?
User avatar
By charla
#494632
Thought I'd resurrect this. Got Borderlands 2 yesterday, quite like it though I seem to be constantly running out of ammo so have to do manic melee attacks.
User avatar
By charla
#494877
You have no idea how happy it makes me to see it's in alphabetical order.
User avatar
By Longview01
#494886
charlalottie wrote:You have no idea how happy it makes me to see it's in alphabetical order.


I wouldn't have it any other way
By Misfit
#494897
Nice to see I'm not the only one who likes some old school gaming.

That said, I'm still amazed at the quality of some games nowadays. Blu ray and HDMI are marvelous
By JayE
#494934
I still love playing the ps1, I still love Hogs of War and that old Spider Man game which I can't remember the name of.
User avatar
By Longview01
#494936
Thanks guys....here's my Nes collection for you to look at now :P

Image
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 13

Shows are up

Hello! Long time stalker, first-time typer. I've b[…]

Pubcast live 2020!

Ugh - I too am a few weeks behind on show catchup […]

Seems to be back to normal now. Strange!