Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By DevilsDuck
Deadly wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:That's a good tradition. I enjoy pound store tat.

I've just bought my brother Ken Dodd's autobiography. What more can you ask for at Christmas?

I heard his dad's dog died
By neilt0
DevilsDuck wrote:
Deadly wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:That's a good tradition. I enjoy pound store tat.

I've just bought my brother Ken Dodd's autobiography. What more can you ask for at Christmas?

I heard his dad's dog died

Did he?
By chrysostom
chrysostom wrote:Good lord I love Christmas.

THIS AGAIN.

I hope christmasjames comes back. Any interesting plans y'all?
By The Deadly
My plan is to have an imagination Christmas this year. I have way too much to pay off on my Wrestlemania trip to spend loads on gifts. Luckily close family understand that but obviously I'll still buy plenty for the kids.
By Yudster
I'm only spending money on Baby Yudster this year. Miss Yudster doesn't want anything so I'm making a donation to a charity (SIMBA) who have been a great support to them instead. I think our plans for Christmas are just to get through it without Baby Yudster realising that our hearts aren't in it.
By Nicola_Red
Since it is Mr Red and my's first Christmas as an engaged couple and my niece's first, I'm hoping it'll be quite nice. My boss was threatening to make me work Boxing Day, which would have sucked, but she's just given me a reprieve today. I am working New Year's Day as a trade-off, but I don't mind that. So I think we're having Christmas morning at home, going to my parents' for lunch and staying overnight there. Mr Red's mum had mentioned possibly coming to ours on Boxing Day, but we haven't figured that out yet cos it was all up in the air whether I'd be working.
By bmstinton93
Managed to pretty much wangle a week off work so going back home for just over a week for a quiet one I suppose. Kinda dreading it but just gonna be happy to be away from Bristol for a little bit this year. Onwards and upwards for next year I hope! It can't get much worse than this year anyway!
By Bonanzoid
My first Christmas without the bookies since 2008, off from the 24th til the 4th. Can't bloody wait.
By The Deadly
Bonanzoid wrote:My first Christmas without the bookies since 2008, off from the 24th til the 4th. Can't bloody wait.

I BET you'll have a nice Christmas!
By dimtimjim
Yeah, will be slightly different one this year for us; kids getting older (and wanting fewer, but dearer presents) and Mrs DTJ's work rota falls terribly this year, working X-mas Eve AND Boxing day (or Christmas day Mk2 as it is in our house as that's when I'll have my daughter with us...). Then I'm working the 27th, 'tis all getting in the way of our usual family plans. Grrrr.

Best festive wishes to all. x
By dimtimjim
Ewwww. No.

Black Tower, all the way... :wink:
By charla
Well I'll be going home on Monday. I'm working back in the old shop and will be on Boxing Day but I'm happy to do that for the double pay plus it's going to be pretty quiet so it won't be horrible. We're all going to my sister's for christmas dinner this year but she doesn't want to cook turkey so my Mum is doing us a turkey for Boxing Day and then my parents will be going away so I have the house to myself and I can relax.

Should be nice :)
By The Deadly
chrysostom wrote:Does anyone have a particularly good mulled wine recipe?

Wine+On the hob+in a cup?
By Topher
Deadly beat me to it.
By dimtimjim
ha ha!!
By swaddon1903
I finish work at 8pm on Christmas Eve, then I'm going to my parents' house for Christmas and then I go back to work at 2pm on Boxing Day.

I can't complain, though; I won't have a job after January 10th so at least I'll be working, even if I do only get Christmas Day off. Which I have to use my holiday for as well; they don't do public holidays where I work.
By Topher
Where do you work?
By Nicola_Red
Anyone getting/giving any nice presents? My parents have bought me an external hard drive, which is very dull but necessary, as all my music and Moyles shows have been on Mr Red's external drive since we moved in July. I dunno what Mr Red has bought me, though. I've bought him a ton of stuff, all just smallish things though, no one major present. The funniest thing I've bought is tickets for my mum to see Michael Bolton :)
By Nicola_Red
2 terrabytes :)

Show is up, and Platinum: https://archive[…]

Newsbeat packages 2007-present

Forgot to say, I currently have 6 packages on me, […]