Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Boboff
Quiet, I see it as Tim not ranting and raving, or disagreeing politely, and having nasty bitch Ex rant and rave, as he is thinking of his daughter, but still pleased that he is able to see her...........

That post doesn't sound like you at all Yuds, so I have to assume you have other information which gives you this opinion of Tim. In issolation your comment appears a bit bitter and "nasty" which I think you are not.
By Yudster
I like Tim. If what he said was just a clumsy way of expressing himself, great. I suspect it was. But what he actually said, in summary, was that his ex is selfish, his daughter is troubled by the problems this causes, and that he has no interest in sorting this troubling situation (for his daughter) out because it works in HIS favour.

I still like Tim.
By dimtimjim
My daughter gets plenty of help and support and the older she gets, the wiser she gets. I often get comments like "i want to be more like you Dad" or things in a similar vein. While I see your point Yuds, the ex isn't the sort of person who you could have that chat with anyway, so to minimise open conflict, I stay schtum.

This whole situation came to a head a few months ago when she revealed that on their summer holidays, her mother had told her she was an unplanned pregnancy! I mean, WTF?!! So, since then we have had numerous quite adult conversations, ones I suspected I'd have to have at some point, but not for a good few years yet (maybe like, at 18-25, not 10).

E often moans to me about the ex's new Boyf (they've had another child since), silly things he does etc. Now, I have to take a lot of this with a large pinch o salt (you remeber how hard it is being a child...) but there ain't smoke without fire. Two weeks ago E told me she'd finally plucked up the courage to speak to her Ma about him and how he makes her feel. I had to speak to her mother later that evening about an unrelated subject. I happened to mention at the end of the call what E had told me - I got the phone hung up on me. On the drop off I was told "You don't need to ring me every time E moans to you about something". this was the first time I'd ever mentioned anything of the sort - but she is that sort of hostile person.

E is in no doubt that she is THE most important thing in the world to me and that will never change. She is more and more aware of who is the more responsible of her two parents.

Sure, I could pull up the Ex and point out; although you shouldn't care what I think, you should care what she thinks. But that'd be deemed as 'sticking my nose in' and would in turn only be greeted with hositility, so I don't bother.

Thanks for the support Nath and Bob, and thanks for caring Yuds - I know you meant no harm. I can't deny its a tricky situation, but I look out for me and E - she is all that matters.
By Yudster
dimtimjim wrote:E is in no doubt that she is THE most important thing in the world to me and that will never change. She is more and more aware of who is the more responsible of her two parents.

Poor thing, at 10 years old she shouldn't even have to think about things like that. She's a lucky girl in one way though - that'll be you.
By dimtimjim
Yudster wrote:Poor thing, at 10 years old she shouldn't even have to think about things like that.

I couldn't agree more, bless my little angel. The whole thing tears my heart apart, but, I have to bite my tongue on some of the things I really wanna say - she'll figure it all out in due course. All I can do is try to forge her in my own image and hope she doesn't gain certain personality traits from t'other side of her family.
By Yudster
Have a BRILLIANT Christmas Tim.
By dimtimjim
I plan to, best for 8 years. When she told me the news, it completely changed my view point on the whole Christmas experience this year - I really canny wait!
By Boboff
Yudster wrote:Have a BRILLIANT Christmas Tim.

And Tim that is the nearest you'll ever get to an Apolgy from a Woman!

:D
By Yudster
Absolutely. We are never wrong.
By dimtimjim
boboff wrote:
Yudster wrote:Have a BRILLIANT Christmas Tim.

And Tim that is the nearest you'll ever get to an Apolgy from a Woman!

:D

:lol:
By chrysostom
On the vouchers front, there's great Clintons one here.

30% off (family & friends) : FFXMAS12

If you combine this with the 'buy one get one half price' it ends up taking 30% off the original price, and halving the second item AFTER the discount.

eg.

2 x £100 item

Total is £200, minus 30% = £140

THEN the second £100 item's price is halved (-£50)

Total = £90 for the 2 items. 55% discount.

https://www.clintoncards.co.uk/
By Yudster
What on earth would you spend £100 in Clintons?
By Yudster
Anyone who spends £100 on a mass=-produced teddy from Clintons is stupid. Sorry Boboff.
By chrysostom
Fine, smart arse.

How about this - when you use the code on a buy one get one free on calendars, it takes away 30% or the original cost for the 2 and then takes away the cost of the second calendar - meaning you can get 2 calendars worth £8 for £3.20, which is 60% off a BOGOF.
Last edited by chrysostom on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By The Deadly
Really chuffed with my purchase from Red Letter days. Managed to get a great deal on an overnight stay at a lovely old house in the Hampshire countryside for my mum and step dad.
By MK Chris
Yudster wrote:Anyone who spends £100 on a mass=-produced teddy from Clintons is stupid. Sorry Boboff.

YES, I was about to say I can't BELIEVE they've got a £100 teddy bear!
By Boboff
Yudster wrote:Anyone who spends £100 on a mass=-produced teddy from Clintons is stupid. Sorry Boboff.

Ah, see I just worked it out, not me being stupid, calling people stupid for spening £100 on a Bear.

I agree anyone doing this would be wealthy and horny.

Hey Ho!
By Yudster
I would want at least 9 for £90.
By DevilsDuck
Deadly wrote:Really chuffed with my purchase from Red Letter days. Managed to get a great deal on an overnight stay at a lovely old house in the Hampshire countryside for my mum and step dad.

They is soooo going to get Jiggy in Humpshire
By The Deadly
DevilsDuck wrote:
Deadly wrote:Really chuffed with my purchase from Red Letter days. Managed to get a great deal on an overnight stay at a lovely old house in the Hampshire countryside for my mum and step dad.

They is soooo going to get Jiggy in Humpshire

Dude they are swingers so they get jiggy all the time. They are the most liberal older people I've ever known. I'm hoping they are going to appreciate the scenery and countryside atmosphere too much and forget about that kind of activity for once.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]