Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Nicola_Red
No no, I was referring to the magnitude of my list, not the contents of it.
By R94N
Deadly wrote:What are y'all hoping to receive as gifts this year?

Well I need some new tyres as they're about as bald as Dom.
By The Deadly
R94N wrote:

I'd love to see 4 tyres wrapped up under the tree. Take photos if that happens.
By Bas
Deadly wrote:
R94N wrote:

I'd love to see 4 tyres wrapped up under the tree. Take photos if that happens.

By catherine
Oh yay! Christmas stuff!

I have 20% off buyagift which has been used to buy people a vineyard tour and tasting experience and someone else a segway off road rally experience. Also, I have a 50% off The Body Shop code for in-store or online if you spend over £20 if anyone is interested.

I have spent about a grand on Christmas this year, but I put a lot of thought into presents for people and have actually told people to not worry about getting me a present back because I know I will get some boots 3 for 2 shite.

I'm going to my mum's for Christmas, I really don't see my mum as much as I would like to so it's nice to spend Christmas with her. The only real tradition is that my sister always cries on Christmas day! She seems to build her expectations up to receiving gold, diamonds and thousands of pounds, opens her presents, sulks and goes to her bedroom for a good cry and then comes back down happier. She's 26...

I'm very tempted to buy Heston's turkey this Christmas and I'll probably cook Nigella's ham again because it's lush. Can't forget the Pimms either.

I'd like an iPad this Christmas 8) That is all.
By chrysostom
R94N wrote:

You can't drive, you're 12!
By R94N
chrysostom wrote:
R94N wrote:

You can't drive, you're 12!

Bike tyres
By Nicola_Red
I'm still struggling for what to buy my sister in law. Even though her and my bro have been together for ages, I don't see them very often so I don't really know what she would want or what she already has in the way of books, DVDs etc, and she isn't into jewellery or makeup like me. Every year I ask our kid and he is no help whatsoever, so I didn't even bother texting him this year, it would just have been a waste of time. I think I'm gonna end up with a book token or something similarly devoid of imagination.
By Yudster
In a situation like that, I don't think you can go wrong with a charity gift - buy a years worth of textbooks for a schoolchild in Bangladesh or something. No chance of criticism with a gift like that!
By neilt0
Yudster wrote:In a situation like that, I don't think you can go wrong with a charity gift - buy a years worth of textbooks for a schoolchild in Bangladesh or something. No chance of criticism with a gift like that!

I agree. That is the worst possible "gift" imaginable, Ideal for someone you really despise!
By Yudster
What rubbish - its a good choice for someone you want to buy something for, but don't know what they like. If you don't know what they would like, give them a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that they have given something to someone who will be thrilled to get.
By Bas
The new Olly Murs album. As soon as she sees that then you'll never have to buy for her again.

Mind you, there is the threat that she'll put a contract out on your life.
By neilt0
Yudster wrote:What rubbish - its a good choice for someone you want to buy something for, but don't know what they like. If you don't know what they would like, give them a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that they have given something to someone who will be thrilled to get.

Excellent point, yes I agree, it's not a gift at all.
By Nicola_Red
They live in the North East, so yeah, that probably would be useful. The charity thing might be an idea...

(I hasten to add the problem isn't that I don't like her, I do! I just find her tricky to buy for.)
By Boboff
Hmm, i have found recently that you use this trick

"what is it about the person I admire the most"

It might be there hair, buy nice product, Humour, DVD of comedy, OUtgoing Nature, Rucksack etc etc.

I bought my Dad T Bags for Father Day, because they were in a tin, and he loved them, because he runs a B&B they only use Cash & Carry T Bags, so this for them was a treat... It's odd I know, but it is a treat, and that to me makes it a gift.

Charity Smarity.
By dimtimjim
For the first time since me and ex-mrs DTJ split up (8.5yrs ago), my daughter is 'being allowed' to spend Christmas day (morning) with us, which I am absolutely stoked about. I've always argued she should spend at least one Christmas day with us while she is still a child, but I've always been shunned "it ain't happening". But, this is now the third year in a row where she has asked her mother herself, and has been grated permission this year.

Gotta drop her back at 2pm, which taking into account the half hour drive to get there, means we gotta have our Christmas dinner ruddy early (prob table it for noon), but its a mild sacrifice to make. Then 'er indoors kids will be going to their Dad's and missus will be off to work (3-9) so I'll be left all on my own for the balance of the day, but I dunny care, s'all good.

On another subject discussed here, gifts, this is now the third year in a row I have done ALL of my Christmas shopping on line from the comfort of my arse, no trawling round the shops with all the other rushed/bad mood people. Mint. Thank you eBay!
By MK Chris
dimtimjim wrote:But, this is now the third year in a row where she has asked her mother herself, and has been grated permission this year.

How old is she out of interest? To ask herself - to show she WANTS to spend Christmas with her dad and be denied the opportunity is very bad in my opinion.
By dimtimjim
10... Oh, her mother is notoriously selfish and inconsiderate (two of the reasons we are no longer together). She has been doing very well over the last few years to drive baby-DTJ away and push her more and more towards me. Which, behind closed doors, I find hillarious, and I'll be buggered if I'm gonna point out her stupidity to her - s'working in my favour after all. Daft cow.
By Yudster
It might be working in your favour but its hardly a great situation for your daughter, being put in a situation of conflict like that and having to sort it out for herself, with no direct help from either of her parents, at the age of 10. I'm not sure you are really thinking about your daughter much more than your ex, from the sound of it.
By The Deadly
Pretty sure he is thinking about his daughter. Mainly because its his daughter and obviously he is always thinking about her. Bit of a nasty and unnecessary thing to say. Would you like it if someone suggested that you didn't think about your kids? Probably not.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up