Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Longview01
dimtimjim wrote:Mrs DTJ asked for the new Resident Evil film for v-day (i know, dead romantic gift). I buckled and got it last night (at least it'll last longer than flowers). Shall be watching that in bed tonight...

Also bought 'ted' cheap off-of eBay which has now arrived and is waiting a viewing.

Haven't seen the new Resi film yet, but I am actually enjoyed the others....no matter how much hate they seem to get.

Ted...2 words....love it!
By Badger Mark
charlalottie wrote:Went to see Die Hard today. I think it is much better than 4.0 though there's a lot of flaws with it. My friend thought it was crap however.

Kermode and Mayo completely trashed the new Die Hard movie today. Basically said it was complete garbage.
By R94N
I've never seen any of them (going to download the first one) but apparently it is essentially the same film five times.
By Badger Mark
I've seen the Die Hard 1-3. All were fun. The first one was really pretty good. Completely lost interest though after the 3rd.

Regarding other movies, I'm currently half way through watching Iron Sky on Netflix. It's pretty silly - but any movie that involves Nazis from the moon invading Earth has to have some merit on some level IMO.
By DevilsDuck
R94N wrote:I've never seen any of them (going to download the first one) but apparently it is essentially the same film five times.

O M G!
By Longview01
R94N wrote:I've never seen any of them (going to download the first one) but apparently it is essentially the same film five times.

Nah....1 and 2 are similar but that's where it ends
By MK Chris
Ted was disappointing. Hilarious in one or two places, otherwise very 'meh'. The best bits are in the trailer.
By dimtimjim
I thought ted was ok. Had no idea what the story was about other than a teddy, so found it mildly amusing. Sure, its no Star Wars, but was perfectly acceptable. Few laugh out loud moments.

I quite like the look of the new Die Hard too, even though its not had the best reviews. I've enjoyed all the DH's up till now, but I think 3 is the bestest.
By dimtimjim
charlalottie wrote:Oh no, the first one is definitely the best then followed by the third. You can't beat Hans for best villain ever.

Ok, i'll concede.
By DevilsDuck
I got 1 to 4 on Bluray for Xmas...Really want to watch them now!

Die Hard is definately the best

Saw someone with a tshirt with "now I have a machine gun...ho ho ho" on it the otherday
By dimtimjim
DevilsDuck wrote:Saw someone with a tshirt with "now I have a machine gun...ho ho ho"

nice!
By chrysostom
I saw Lincoln last night.

It won't be everyone's cup of tea (especially if you're pro-slavery). But provides a good, detailed account of Lincoln's fight to abolish slavery. Dialogue is dense and you'll need to pay attention - it's also almost 3 hours long.

4 stars.
By Bruvva
THREE HOURS? Screw that, I'll wait for the blu-ray, that way I can pause it when I need to go for a piss.
By MK Chris
chrysostom wrote:especially if you're pro-slavery

???!!

I thought Die Hard, then with a Vengeance, then Die Hard 4. 2 was a bit rubbish. Umming and ahhing whether to see the new one.
By Yudster
Well true, you never KNOW. But I think its a reasonably safe bet, given that there isn't any evidence that any of us has more than one head or three eyes.
By JayE
Last night I was having a look through my old DVD collection and found one that I haven't seen in a while which I remembered liking when I first saw it. It's a low budget flick and It's called Going Overboard and it stars Adam Sandler, it came out in 1989 I think. I can't believe I liked it, it's absolute rubbish. If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching just to see how rubbish it is.
Last edited by JayE on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chrysostom
That's Adam Sandler's first film! I bought that and was very surprised how poor it was.

I can't believe how much I liked Adam Sandler's films in my early teens. They are almost all awful.
By JayE
chrysostom wrote:That's Adam Sandler's first film! I bought that and was very surprised how poor it was.

I can't believe how much I liked Adam Sandler's films in my early teens. They are almost all awful.

Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are the best films he's ever done. Other than that the rest are quite awful. Going Overboard is definitely the worst.
By bmstinton93
I've gotta be honest I can't think of any others I've seen right now with him. I must have seen others but they're obviously just not that memorable.
By JayE
Yeah, he's done loads. Most of them are just awful, Big Daddy is actually another good one which I would consider to be one of his best.
By Yudster
I enjoyed The Wedding Singer. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a "good" film, but I like it. Also Drew Barrymore is the only woman who is on both my list and Mr Yudster's.

Thursday is up

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]