Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Badger Mark
The Deadly wrote:In keeping with my habit of watching popular TV shows about 8 years too late I have fallen in love with Dexter. Tremendous show.

overall I've thought Dexter has been good during the whole run of the show. it has had it's up and downs though, and at this point during it's final series in the States, I can say it's definitely time to call it a day and go out on a relative height note.
By Badger Mark
Topher wrote:Either way, enjoy - it's bloody brilliant. I'd be interested to know how it's received generally over there.

The general reaction that I've come across over the web is that it's being very well received here. For myself, I've thought the first two episodes were very good.
By Bruvva
Nathan Fillion is utterly ace and if you've not watched Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog on youtube, you REALLY should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esiIFLI3ryI

Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and the divine Felicia Day....

Anyway back to TV, I've just finished the 2nd season of Continuum and it's really VERY good.
By Misfit
Educating yorkshire! brilliant program, even if I had to translate for the missus!
By Badger Mark
Last night my wife and I finished watching the final episodes of Spaced. I thought the whole series was very good. A little sad that there are only the 14 episodes.
By Topher
Buzzcocks was slightly weird... Huey Morgan got pissed off in the next lines round apparently with the lyrics to his own songs being used - but they always do that and as he said, he's been on before... besides, that's not Rizzle Kick's fault as hosts, they just read the cards. Anyway, he ended up smashing his mug to the complete surprise of the rest of his team and then storming off at the end.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11 ... 13324.html
By Nicola_Red
I missed it last night - we usually watch it on the iplayer. I love Rizzle Kicks - I saw their tweet last night that just said "RIP Mug". :)
By Topher
Jupitus did not look happy at the end, watch when Huey Morgan touches his arm before storming off and Jupitus completely ignores him.
By Nicola_Red
I watched it last night and yeah, all very strange. Huey seemed a bit narky all the way through but then I don't know what on earth happened when he smashed the mug - it pretty much came out of nowhere. I thought Jordan and Harley handled it pretty well, though. It wasn't quite a Preston-level strop but it came close.
By fish heads
I think Huey got a raw deal in the edit - up to the mug smashing bit, it was a really poor episode even by Buzzcocks' now really low standards. The energy seemed all over the place and reports are it was taking an absolute age to film - I thought Huey was ok at the start but by the time the lineup round comes he makes a joke that one of the guys didn't have any shoelaces as he was a suicide risk - alluding that most people were the same because the show was dragging on so much which got a round of applause from the audience (abruptly cut I thought).

Now I know Huey clearly must have an anger issue, but for him to go from almost nothing to that, they have done a mega-edit job as it can't be as unprovoked as it appears to be. I mean the bloke has tears in his eyes almost at the end. Whilst one of the Rizzles did well at making the most of a bad situation, I can't help but think there is more to the "Huey is a douche, Rizzles are amazing" situation.

Most notable thing to happen on the show since Amstell left mind - not that that's hard
By The Deadly
Any abuse of Rizzle Kicks makes Huey a hero in my eyes.

Having just seen the clip if I were Jupitus I'd have decked Huey for smashing the mug in that close proximity to me and a woman. I'm guessing that Huey was mocked a bit more than was shown on TV and lost his rag. No excuse for doing what he did though. He could have had that poor girls eye out.
By chrysostom
"There's no need to smash a mug in my hair" could be one of my favourite lines from Buzzcocks.

On par with ANYTHING from the Donny Tourette episode.
By Nicola_Red
fish heads wrote:Now I know Huey clearly must have an anger issue, but for him to go from almost nothing to that, they have done a mega-edit job as it can't be as unprovoked as it appears to be. I mean the bloke has tears in his eyes almost at the end. Whilst one of the Rizzles did well at making the most of a bad situation, I can't help but think there is more to the "Huey is a douche, Rizzles are amazing" situation.

I think you're probably right about the edit. The Rizzles did seem to make a couple of jokes about Huey's career - scripted for them, of course - and I suspect there were more that were cut in the edit. The show always has a fairly edited feel, possibly partly for things like language, but I think a longer 'XL' version (a la QI, HIGNFY etc) would work well for it.

I'm certainly not desperate to jump on the "Huey's a douche" bandwagon - I've loved Fun Lovin' Criminals for many years, and I've been to see them live maybe five times - but I was still shocked by the whole incident. Rizzle Kicks are very young and are not professional TV presenters, and pros have been thrown off their game by guests pulling similar stunts in the past, but they remained pretty calm. I did wonder how Simon Amstell would have reacted if he were still at the helm. I still miss him.
By dimtimjim
In typical style for me, I'm getting into something years behind everyone else... Just discovered Fresh Meat and am watching from start of series 1 (over half way through S1 now) and am quite enjoying it. Ahhhhh, student fun times...
By Nicola_Red
Oh man, I love Fresh Meat. Wait til the middle of series 2 - I think what happens to Josie is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV (no spoilers).
By Topher
To be fair, you did only give it two minutes.
By dimtimjim
Nicola_Red wrote:Oh man, I love Fresh Meat.

I bet-chew do, luv. :wink:

Topher wrote:you did only give it two minutes.

innuendo bingo in 'ere!

chrysostom wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:Oh man, I love Fresh Meat

Neither Deadly or DTJ passed comment.

Good things, my sexy southern friend, come to those who wait.

Nicola_Red wrote:Oh man, I love Fresh Meat.

more seriously, great innit. I look forward to mid-season 2... :D

EDIT: Nic, I scanned ahead to the programme summary - "Things go from bad to worse when Josie makes a catastrophic error of judgement." Oooooohhhhh, intriguing!

#totes-excite-balls.
By The Deadly
chrysostom wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:Oh man, I love Fresh Meat

Neither Deadly or DTJ passed comment. The forum, she is dying.

She is someone else's property now. If it was a new girl I'd be all over it.
By dimtimjim
The Deadly wrote:She is someone else's property now.

It still hurts, doesn't it mate?
By dimtimjim
charlalottie wrote:The other half bought over his Fresh Meat DVDs as I said I've never seen it. Only got through the first series but absolutely love it. Really need to watch the others.

Nearly done series 2 now (Ep. 7 and 8 left) - s'very good. very.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]