Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By DevilsDuck
Bonanzoid wrote:Anyone see Ibrahimovic's 4th goal vs England? One of the best goals I've ever seen!

Just... Wow!
By The Deadly
Shame the game was ruined by the red card. Definite sending off offence though, ref had no choice.

Edit: Ruined for the neutral fan
By charla
I'm going to ignore the football for the next couple of months while Chelsea have their usual Christmas/winter slump. In other news, Bournemouth got a really good result yesterday.
By chrysostom
Deadly wrote:Shame the game was ruined by the red card. Definite sending off offence though, ref had no choice.

Edit: Ruined for the neutral fan

Good old Adebayor. Great player, but such a poor attitude in general.

You must be pretty happy with Reading's result!
By The Deadly
Yeah I'm happy with the team winning. It shouldn't have taken this long though. There's so many things wrong with our attitude at the moment.
By The Deadly
Roberto Di Matteo sacked as Chelsea manager....

It's absolutely disgusting that a man who brought unprecedented success to the club has lost his job over a poor run of recent results. Chelsea are a joke and I really do wish them nothing but the worst luck for the rest of the season. RDM should sue them.
By charla
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh God that is not good. Not good at all. I'm gutted, I was really hoping that for once Roman would not fiddle about with the management considering that Chelsea always do badly around Christmas. Despite this blip we often pull it back and win something be it Prem, FA Cup or now Champions League.

To sack Robbie I think is ridiculous and I honestly wonder what calibre of a manager would want to work at Chelsea considering the pressure they will have? To win a CL and a FA cup a few months ago, have a bad run of games of something like 5 games and that's enough to sack? Stupid.
By dimtimjim
the Chelsea reputation of how they treat their managers is stupid. Surely RdM is better than no manager at all..?
By charla
If Roman has sacked RDM because of us being very, very unlikely to get through to the next stage of the CL, there's no point in sacking him now because no other manager is going to fix that. Least have kept him until the end of the season.
By The Deadly
Good thing for RDM is due to his success at Chelsea he won't have a problem getting another job when one becomes available. I'd love him at Reading.
By chrysostom
What is making me laugh is the Chelsea fans chastising Abramovich.

Owning the club and investing £1bn into it is enough to warrant treating it as your plaything.
By charla
I'm annoyed at Roman for what he's done to RDM. Yes he's put a lot of money in and that has helped create it into the team it is today but that doesn't mean we necessarily have to agree with his treatment of managers.
By chrysostom
I think Chelsea fans have every right to feel aggrieved with how he's been treated - but isn't it a case of biting the hand that feeds?

When someone has had such a massive influence in your success - do you have the right to criticise? (That's my Arsenal fan coming out. I'm a massive Wenger apologist).
By charla
It just seems pointless to sack him now and get (what appears to most likely happen) Benitez in just for the rest of the season and then get a new person in for the next season.

Considering what RDM managed to do and achieve, it makes no sense really. Perhaps if by Christmas things were still in a bad run but now? Feels like Roman is a bit too trigger happy no matter how much money he puts in.
By Bonanzoid
RDM helped Chelsea turn a profit for the first year since Abramovich took over. You'd have thought that (and many other things) would at least have got him a few more months.
By Yudster
Why are Chelsea fans surprised about this? Chrysostom said it - Abramovic bought Chelsea as a toy. Its HIS toy, he can and will do what he likes with it. If you want his money, put up with it.
By The Deadly
Ah big Rafa has crawled out of the wood work. I'm sure all the Chelsea fans are excited about the January transfer window. Who wouldn't want half a dozen sub par Spanish players at their club??
By charla
Torres is already there! There doesn't need to be any more. Oh if he buggers up what's going on with Hazard, Oscar and Mata I will not be happy.

TCMS Unedited Wednesday 25th November, 2020 […]

It’s interesting, I’ve heard him mention Dave (the[…]

What a find! I've been after Shed of Dread since a[…]

BBC Radio 2

You never know what's around the corner but I'd be[…]