Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Yudster
It wouldn't have bothered me I don't think, but I know if anyone had got Baby Yudster a football shirt Mr Yudster would have been extremely annoyed if it had been anything other than Man U. I think its probably fine for dads to give themselves the privilege of at least trying to shape their sons' football affiliations!

It doesn't always work though - Mr Yudster's youngest brother deliberately turned his back on United and declared himself a Liverpool fan just to piss the rest of the family off. He is my favourite brother in law - I hate Liverpool, but I love the gesture!
By MK Chris
Ha. They found it funny anyway - they wouldn't have done if if they didn't know them well enough to know they would.
By chrysostom
It's always worth it to get a picture of them in the kit, just so you can torture them with it as their 18th/21st birthday or wedding!

I would be mortified if there was a picture of me looking happy in a Spurs shirt. My uncle supports Spurs. Hmm :?
By DevilsDuck
My Brother in Law bought my son a Liverpool shirt...as a Man Utd fan this annoyed me greatly...but as that appeared to be the reason behind it as opposed to a nice present, I went a long with it, let him wear it the day he got it and then it disappeared!
Last edited by DevilsDuck on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dimtimjim
DevilsDuck wrote:as Man Utd fan

Like all the other 'sailors'...

By dimtimjim
:wink:
By The Deadly
What a stupid and grossly unfair decision from the Southampton owners to sack Nigel Adkins. The bloke takes them from the bottom of league 1 to 15th in the Premiership and that's not enough for them. To make it more ridiculous they appoint someone with no experience of English football to replace him. If I was a Southampton fan I'd be gutted.
By The Deadly
You'll sign a couple tomorrow. Wenger can't resist paying over the odds for someone last minute.

Why he hasn't signed Beckham is beyond me. He can still do the business.
By Bonanzoid
After watching the Villa match last night, I can't help but think they could do with Beckham in their midfield as it was absolutely dire in the first half especially last night. That said, Villa might not be able to afford Beckham's wages.
By Yudster
I have nothing against Villa but I find myself gleeful at their plight - purely because Paul Lambert is a *.
By dimtimjim
I'm loving the demise of Arsehole Villa this season! (for my own personal reasons) Mwhahahahaaaaaaaaa!!
By Bruvva
Yudster wrote:I have nothing against Villa but I find myself gleeful at their plight - purely because Paul Lambert is a *.

Indeed, how DARE he go to a club that offered him a bigger wage packet. Wouldn't get any of us abandoning our jobs if another company offered to increase our wages. :) My overriding memory of Lambert is watching him play in some non-descript European game on the telly back in the 90s and the commentator insisted on pronouncing his name as "Lam-bér", in a french accent.

In other news, Arsenal's defenders. Laugh, snort, giggle, guffaw. That was JORDAN HENDERSON they let run through them as if he were Messi last night. My word, Arsenal'd be good if it wasn't for the clown shoe wearing, squirty flower buttonholed tarts at the back. If they were playing anyone good, they'd have been 4-5 down at half time last night.
By dimtimjim
chrysostom wrote:I miss defensive midfielders.

Wanna aim better then.
By chrysostom
SZCZ's presence would make that a very odd move from AW.

Also given that he'll be on high wages, cost at least £15m and not a priority it would be a massive shock.

Unless they're swapping SZCZ and Valdes...
By The Deadly
Valdes is somewhere between 150 and 200 percent better than SZCZ from what I've seen of SZCZ this season. Sure the defenders can be blamed too but he wouldn't fill me with confidence if I was playing in front of him.

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]