Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Yudster
I liked Ji-Sung Park's comment - that he didn't blame Suarez, he'd want a taste of Champions League football if he played for Liverpool too...
By Yudster
Shh, he'd have said it if he'd thought of it.
By HA94
A family friend's child at primary school was bitten today by a classmate on the playground causing him to bleed. After he did it, he said "I just did a Suarez on you". He's been suspended for two days.
By HA94
charlalottie wrote:That story was on Five live this afternoon. No idea if it's the same person or another though.

I've just looked this up on the Five Live website and it is the same person.
By MK Chris
Ha - a reference in the football thread I understand!

By the way Andrew, I saw Tomas Rosicky in Prague airport yesterday, are you jealous? The stag is an arsenal fan, so him and his two best men had their photo taken but I didn't bother, as I didn't know who he is.
By chrysostom
Topher wrote:By the way Andrew, I saw Tomas Rosicky in Prague airport yesterday, are you jealous? The stag is an arsenal fan, so him and his two best men had their photo taken but I didn't bother, as I didn't know who he is.

Outstanding. Just hope they were gentle with him, he's made of glass.
By HA94
bmstinton93 wrote:It's being talked about on This Morning as well now.

Just saw this on ITV1+1
By Bruvva
Ten game ban for the bitey one. Fair enough.
By The Deadly
Had he never been in serious disciplinary trouble before I don't think it would have been more than a 3 game but it would appear Mr Suarez has a screw loose and will persistently offend. Shame as he is a great player.
By chrysostom
10 yellows this season (2 match ban) and he served a 8 match ban for racism within the last 18 months.

If it were a straight red I think it might have been a 6 match ban given that he's served 2 bans for collecting 5 yellows, meaning it'd be the initial 3 plus another 3 for accumulative punishments. Given that he was warned about his future conduct last year (and this is the second incident of biting in his career), it's probably grounds to increase the punishment by 50%.

Then an extra 1 to really wind up the Liverpool fans :)
By Bruvva
Oh good lord, don't go near RAWK, they're all complete nutjobs.

As for the ban, when you see it in the context of these, it's more than reasonable

9 months - Manchester United's Eric Cantona for 'kung-fu' kicking a supporter in 1995
9 months - Chelsea keeper Mark Bosnich who tested positive for cocaine in 2003
8 months - Rio Ferdinand of Manchester United for missing a drugs test in 2003
12 games - QPR's Joey Barton for two counts of violent conduct against Manchester City players in 2012
11 games - Sheffield Wednesday's Paolo Di Canio for pushing referee Paul Alcock in 1998
10 games - Southampton's David Prutton for shoving referee Alan Wiley in 2005
10 games - Luis Suarez for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in 2013
9 games - Paul Davis of Arsenal for punching Southampton's Glenn * in 1988 and breaking his jaw
8 games - Luis Suarez for racially abusing Patrice Evra in 2011
8 games - Man City's Ben Thatcher for elbowing Portsmouth's Pedro Mendes in 2006
5 weeks - Man Utd's Roy Keane for comments made in his autobiography in 2002
By The Deadly
Liverpool fans feel the world owes them something. Not many things annoy me more than Liverpool football club.
By DevilsDuck
I agree. My bro in lo is liverpool fan and won't admit that they aren't a big team anymore.
By bmstinton93
Worcester City play their last ever game at St George's Lane tomorrow after over 100 years. Wish I could be there to see it, they might actually have a sell out tomorrow for once. I seriously worry about the future of the club. I'm not sure how long they'll be able to ground share with Kidderminster Harriers for and it doesn't look like we'll be able to afford another stadium anytime soon.
By Bonanzoid
Well that was the most enjoyable match to watch in a long time. Newcastle were absolutely abysmal, but Liverpool were deadly. What a scoreline.
By Bruvva
Oh well, Kidderminster failed abysmally in the conference playoffs. Shame but then the conference is where all the cool kids hang out anyway.

As for Liverpool, not bad but my god, Newcastle were inept. Good job for them that they're probably safe from relegation. Just.
By Yudster
Well we've avoided relegation - it would have had to have been a particularly disastrous day for us not to have, we needed 1 point to guarantee it (we got three away from home) but even if we'd lost a lot of other results would have had to go against the odds to send us down. Even so.

This season, Robbie Cowling, our owner and chairman, has, for charity, cycled to both the first and last away games of the season (not sure where the first one was, but the last one was this weekend at Hull) and run from his home in Tiptree to every home game, which is about 14 miles. Personally I would have preferred that he put some of that kind of effort into sorting out the manager and the damn football team.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]