Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Yudster
A match made in heaven - the little Spanish waiter (was watching him this afternoon in the dugout with his little notebook - "I'll have the paella followed by ice cream...") and Roman's full sized, walking and talking set of toy soldiers. Wonder how long it will be before Rafa has his legs ripped off and gets thrown into the bin with the rest of the broken dolls?
By bladeslee
I think Rafa Benitez could do well & turn the chelsea support around because at my club Sheffield United we did exactly the same we had just sacked Micky Adams who was a boyhood fan of the blades for a former player & manager of our huge rivals our fans disliked him so much they were protesting & wanting him sacked during his 1st press conference confirming his appointment but by Christmas the fans had done a 180 & Danny Wilson is loved at Sheffield united for the fantastic job he done in difficult financial circumstances & the kop sing his name.

so who knows a few wins & qualify for champions league knockout rafa could do the same. but what is certain he will be gone by may as he just a stop gap
By The Deadly
Has anyone seen a decent Rafa Benitez fake twitter account? If done well it would be very funny. Not as funny as the Arsene Wenger one though. Whoever controls that account does a great job.
By Bonanzoid
Sam Allardyce's parody account used to be amazing, it's still reasonably good now but hasn't quite hit the dizzy heights of before.
By bladeslee
I have really have grown to hate penalty shootouts with a passion now because Sheffield utd lost tonight in JPT yet again on pens & if you include England. Tonight was 5th consecutive penalty shootout in just over a year, ive been on the losing side for lost to Bradford, Huddersfield, Italy , Burton, & now Coventry

I know its england 3rd most prestigious trophy but i wanted to win the JPT but it was sheff utd only realistic chance of winning or even scoring at wembley/neutral venue for 1st time since 1993 i would have rather lost in FA Cup
By Yudster
bladeslee wrote:I have really have grown to hate penalty shootouts with a passion now because Sheffield utd lost tonight in JPT yet again on pens & if you include England. Tonight was 5th consecutive penalty shootout in just over a year, ive been on the losing side for lost to Bradford, Huddersfield, Italy , Burton, & now Coventry

I know its england 3rd most prestigious trophy but i wanted to win the JPT but it was sheff utd only realistic chance of winning or even scoring at wembley/neutral venue for 1st time since 1993 i would have rather lost in FA Cup

You should support Sheffield Wednesday.
By neilt0
By bladeslee
Yudster wrote:
bladeslee wrote:I have really have grown to hate penalty shootouts with a passion now because Sheffield utd lost tonight in JPT yet again on pens & if you include England. Tonight was 5th consecutive penalty shootout in just over a year, ive been on the losing side for lost to Bradford, Huddersfield, Italy , Burton, & now Coventry

You should support Sheffield Wednesday.

ha ha ha no as at least with our penalty faults, we actually know how to win more than 1 game since november
By Yudster
You should though. They're a nicer club.
By chrysostom
bladeslee wrote:we actually know how to win more than 1 game since november

How many Championship games have you won since November? :P
By dimtimjim
Nice to see mighty-mighty-Leicester riding high in the Championship at present. Doubt it'll last, but meh.
By bladeslee
Yudster wrote:You should though. They're a nicer club.

really wednesday v leeds was hardly a good advertisement & are you £100 more expensive for a season ticket & chrysostom nice one last time utd were in th championship we found it hard to win games never mind were arent it
By Yudster
Oh I am so depressed. What a poor excuse for football we are playing. We deserve all we're getting right now - ie nothing.

When a fish starts to stink it starts at the head. Robbie Cowling.
By chrysostom
Yudster wrote:Oh I am so depressed. What a poor excuse for football we are playing. We deserve all we're getting right now - ie nothing.

Same down at the Emirates. Sigh.
By dimtimjim
Could be worse, you could be a Villa fan! **snigger**

(should add, the Ex's new fella is Villa mad and tries to impart it onto my beautiful daughter - obvs they are a natural midlands rival to mighty-mighty-Leicester, but this jus' makes me even more pleased when they're doing this bad! Mwhahahaha!)
By chrysostom
dimtimjim wrote:(should add, the Ex's new fella is Villa mad and tries to impart it onto my beautiful daughter

If someone tried to sway my (fictitious) daughter's footballing allegiance, there would be hell to pay.
By dimtimjim
If I was more of a footy fan myself, I'd be more annoyed by it, as it is, its jus' funny and something me n my gal can share a joke about (as all its done is make her as anti-Villa as I am!).
By MK Chris
My mum and Steve bought my stepsister's baby daughter a QPR top - her husband is a United fan.
By Yudster
Topher wrote:My mum and Steve bought my stepsister's baby daughter a QPR top - her husband is a United fan.

Why would they do that?
By MK Chris
Because they are both big QPR fans!
By Yudster
I'm a Col U fan but I wouldn't buy a Col U shirt for someone I suspected might not be. Especially not if there was a chance that their parents might not want me to.
By chrysostom
I bought an Arsenal kit for my godson, but only as I know that neither of his parents have a particular footballing allegiance when it comes to English teams, and in Norway (where he is) there is a heavy bias towards Liverpool.

I just couldn't risk letting that happen to him.

edit. I don't hate ALL Liverpool fans.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]