Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By MK Chris
New season then - far uglier cars, Red Bull still in front I reckon, but McLaren look like they're a lot closer to them. Also Ferrari look to have gone backwards, maybe even behind Mercedes as the third placed team.

Anyway - Autosport are running a Fantasy F1 type predictor - here. I have created a chrismoyles.net league, which once you've signed up (for free), you can join by clicking here or going to Leagues -> Join League and entering the code, which is:

Code: Select all9023d67dc5b794ae3f992091e55fc5b7

Be good to get a few people in it!
By MK Chris
Yeah, not title hopes in my opinion though. And he will take at least a bit of time to get back into it.
By chrysostom
Now now, Toph never comes into the Football thread and calls me a clart. I don't know much about F1, but I'll be lurking this thread to find out more.

To leverage information for betting.
By MK Chris
bmstinton93 wrote:*yawn*

That's rich, that, coming from someone who lives on a TV diet of absolute shite...
By a-moron
I have signed up but have no real knowledge of F1 so I'm going to use a similar system I use for backing the nags...

Open Paper, Close eyes, drop pen.

Everyone a winner baby.
By Yudster
Topher wrote:

That's rich, that, coming from someone who lives on a TV diet of absolute shite...

Its more irritating because its unnecessary. If it bores you, don't read it - certainly no need to post in it.
By Bonanzoid
I got quite in to Formula 1 watching it on quiet Sundays at work, so I'll give that league a go Topher. Don't expect me to be good or anything though.
By dimtimjim
Topher wrote:

Well put Toph. Watch it cheeky chops, the F1 is good again these days.
By Zoot
And after round one, I'm in the lead.

Boooo and indeed Yah.
By Bonanzoid
Deadly wrote:I think its a bit silly that you can't look at other peoples predictions once they are locked before the race.

Agreed, but I'm 3rd so can't complain too much so far!
By dimtimjim
So, who was actually well chuffed with the Beeb coverage..? I know I was. Ruddy Sky gits doing their best to spoil it, but luckily the highlights package seems to be more than ample coverage. T'was a twang of relief.

Good opening race and bodes well for a good season. Whoop!
By MK Chris
Only a point behind you Zoot!

I thought the BBC coverage was excellent as always, but clearly I'd have loved to have seen it all live. One thing I can say is that Gary Anderson brings a HUGE amount to the BBC's coverage, he has excellent an knowledge (well, being a former F1 designer, he'd need to).
By a-moron
I'm languishing at the bottom. A bottom feeder so to speak. Or a Stinton as it is also known.
By bmstinton93
Topher wrote:I thought the BBC coverage was excellent as always, but clearly I'd have loved to have seen it all live.

Bloodzeed are streaming every race in HD for free via Sopcast.
By MK Chris
You need a decent net connection for that though.
By dimtimjim
Yeah....

"and they're o..... o..... o...... o...... o......ff".
By Bonanzoid
I thought the 2 hour BBC coverage was fantastic. I rarely watch the full race (unless it's on when I'm working) so to have that highlights show was superb. Jake Humphrey etc really do do a fantastic job.
By dimtimjim
My missus had a usage cap fitted. Useful.

But, Bozanoid is correct, the Beeb coverage was perfectly sufficient.
By MK Chris
What a cracking race that was, Perez had one of the most sensational drives I've seen in a very long time. I was willing him to overtake Alonso towards the end - I have little doubt he could have done, but I suspect that he was warned off by Ferrari, given that they supply engines to Sauber... still, an amazing place for him - I suspect he will be getting offers from better teams come next season... possibly to replace Massa at Ferrari, because I don't see him still being there next season - in fact they could sack him before the end of the season if he doesn't start improving.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]