Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By The Deadly
jocky85 wrote:Does anyone else find no matter what aspect you have the tv screen on, the names/times are cut off on the left of the screen?

Change your setting to Widescreen.
By jocky85
That was the least of my worries yesterday - what a race!! Feel sorry for Hamilton though, great to see a Force India leading for a good stint too
By dimtimjim
Ha ha! Well done Seb, thats the first of Schumi's records equalled. And on that subject, good riddance.

Gutted for Lewis, but I suppose it'll help get him used to not scoring points, ready for next year.
By Bonanzoid
As much as I like Vettel, I was really hoping Alonso would steal it this year. He's been magnificent, and it's quite clear his car hasn't been as good as Vettel's. Fair play for pushing it right to the wire, what an end to the season.
By MK Chris
I must agree, I wanted Alonso to win (which is unheard of) simply because he deserved it more. Vettel was the third best driver of the season, by rights Lewis should have been up there fighting for it.

Ben Edwards said that race summed up the entire season - I agree - I was thinking before he said that how fitting it was for such an exciting race to end such an exciting season.
By BBQ
Deadly wrote:Kimi Raikonen driving towards downtown Sao Paolo was the highlight for me.

That made the overall race even more unbelievable
By bladeslee
thats was an amazing title decider that i feel was truly deserving of an amazing season that 1st 25 laps it so enthralling best of the season i was glad for the Safety Car just i so can take a deep breath & vettels drive through the field after his disaster of lap 1 espically to get back to 6th in 15 laps on slippey track was a drive worthy of a champion, a bit like buttons in 2009. rocky was great as simon asking if they was a point where he thought he lost it & he said no there were 4 or 5. but its a shame for alonso as i was supporting him yet again he's drove his arse off in that ferrari like he had all season but just wasnt enough this time

& kimi excursion was brilliant great hopw he said "Where I went off...I did the same in 2001 and the gate was open. Somebody closed it this time"
By MK Chris
bladeslee wrote:thats was an amazing title decider that i feel was truly deserving of an amazing season that 1st 25 laps it so enthralling best of the season i was glad for the Safety Car just i so can take a deep breath & vettels drive through the field after his disaster of lap 1 espically to get back to 6th in 15 laps on slippey track was a drive worthy of a champion, a bit like buttons in 2009. rocky was great as simon asking if they was a point where he thought he lost it & he said no there were 4 or 5. but its a shame for alonso as i was supporting him yet again he's drove his arse off in that ferrari like he had all season but just wasnt enough this time

& kimi excursion was brilliant great hopw he said "Where I went off...I did the same in 2001 and the gate was open. Somebody closed it this time"

BladesLee, please use more punctuation, it will make your posts a LOT easier to use.

My big gripe is that Vettel arguably had four teammates helping him and letting him pass.. Webber (no complaints about him), Vergne, Ricciardo and Schumacher. They all helped him hugely coming through the field - poor show.
By bladeslee
Topher wrote:BladesLee, please use more punctuation, it will make your posts a LOT easier to use.

no problem i will remember too in future
By MK Chris
Thank you. And by 'use' I did of course mean 'read'. I have no idea why I said 'use'.
By dimtimjim
To be fair, Vettel has had such amazing luck this season, the title was kinda inevitable. I agree I'd have prefered Chinster to pinch it, but hey-ho, still a great season's racing.
By MK Chris
Actually, when you consider that last season was Lewis' only dodgy one for driving and the McLaren in 2009 was pretty diabolical, Red Bull were unbeatable in 2011, he could easily have won the other seasons he's competed in - 2007 he threw it away, 2008 he won, 2010 he was in the hunt, 2012 by rights he should have been in it until the end. He could easily have had three or four titles by now.
By dimtimjim
He could have. Shame. Think he has one or two more to come though, once he leaves Merc...
By MK Chris
Or even before - I think his thinking is that he wants to help turn them into a winning team, like Schumacher did with Ferrari.
By The Deadly
Lewis is a safe bet for the title next season IMO. I think Mercedes would have had to prove they had a car capable of winning races on a regular occasion or he wouldn't have signed. He is the quickest driver on the grid too so if the machine of a good standard then I can't see anything stopping him.
By MK Chris
Next season is a throwaway season, they won't do much. Also you can't prove you have a quick car when you can't test it until February.
By dimtimjim
Deadly wrote:Lewis is a safe bet for the title next season

Soz pal, can't agree. I hope he does, but the car ain't up to it.
By Yudster
Topher wrote:....you can't prove you have a quick car when you can't test it until February.

This is why Lewis will have taken a lot on trust. He knows that next year's car is an experiment, but he must have been convinced that their development strategies are exciting.
By The Deadly
dimtimjim wrote:
Deadly wrote:Lewis is a safe bet for the title next season

Soz pal, can't agree. I hope he does, but the car ain't up to it.

Look at what Ross Brawn did a few years ago. He set up the Brawn team or took over another team I can't remember and then that season Jenson Button won the world championship. He is a smart man and I can't see them ballsing it up again next season. The development on this seasons Mercedes was halted mid season to concentrate on next seasons car which is great for Hamilton. There are no major rule changes so the team have effectively a 6 month head start on their rivals.
By MK Chris
He and Nick Fry orchestrated a management buy-out at Honda, who pulled out because of the global recession. However, that car was successful because they had effectively binned the previous year and spent most of it developing for 2009. Their in-season upgrades were nowhere near as successful as the other top teams and by the end of the season - albeit too late - they had been caught up.
By jocky85
So Bruno Senna is another driver that doesn't yet have a seat for next year. Personally I hope kobyashi gets picked up by a team, he's a great talent I think
By The Deadly
Senna is going to Caterham I think. His interview after the race made it obvious. However that plan could change now Caterham have some extra money.
By The Deadly
Alonso is a great driver and that's proven by where he ended up in the drivers championship. He had a crap car for 75% of the season and still came second. That said he is a moaning, moody arrogant bastard who has moaned and bitched since coming in to the sport. He would be best served letting it go and get round to working on next season. If he wants to blame anybody then blame his team who gave him a very average car this season.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]