Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Senninha25
Weird how I got the exact same results in my Castrol League predictions... :) Still managed to salvage 5 points for Vettel's pole, but still lost 20 guaranteed points when Vettel went out and Hamilton binned it. Didn't even bother to put Schuey in the top 10 either!
By dimtimjim
T'was a good race, I like that circuit. Actually well pleased for Grandpoppa-Schumi, thought he'd have a last lap collision with someone and throw it all away so was surprised when he didn't and got his arse on the podium. We'll see if he can do it again in the next 6 years (since his last one)...

Gutted for Lewis, thought he'd driven a good race up till there, but his rear tyres were clearly fecked and losing another place, or two, would have still been prefereable to the actual outcome - still some learning/maturing to do.

Oh how I cheered when Seb went out, nothing personal to him but I'm done with him being 5 seconds ahead by lap 3, that was 2011 and that was boring. My Red-Bull-Voodoo-Doll tampering obviously did its trick.

And finally, big whoop whoop for Lotus and the things they are achieving this season. Totes-amaze-balls.
By DevilsDuck
I completely forgot about the F1 League...turns out im third! :D
By dimtimjim
"Morning Damon" (cm show 04/07/12). Love Aled, ruddy great.
By Yudster
I think there is a way of doing that with humoour and making it funny. Aled just sounded rude and sneery though.
By dimtimjim
Rude? I thought he felt paniced under pressure and that was a genuine 'comedy gold' mistake.
By Yudster
God no - it was totally deliberate. It sounded sneery and aggressive to me, which is a shame because it could have been funny, done in the right spirit - possibly by someone else.
By MK Chris
I have to be honest - that interview annoyed me immensely. I am one of the MANY people who would absolutely kill for the opportunity to speak to DC like that, but Aled didn't appreciate it in the slightest.

While we're here - Maria de Villota, get well soon (as well as is possible after losing an eye) - such a shame, awful.
By chrysostom
I've not heard the interview, but I spoke to David Coulthard once when I was working for Red Bull at Silverstone. He's a right grumpy sod!
By jocky85
There always seems to be a poor line whenever they speak to DC - such a shame!
By dimtimjim
Topher wrote:While we're here - Maria de Villota, get well soon (as well as is possible after losing an eye) - such a shame, awful.

I echo your sentiment T-dog. All the best to Maria.

jocky85 wrote:There always seems to be a poor line whenever they speak to DC - such a shame!

No, thats how Scottish talk.... :wink:
By MK Chris
So - cracking race yesterday, Jenson clearly in fine form - such a shame for Lewis, but then glad to see everyone get out unscathed. Grosjean rightly banned for a race for causing it and according to Autosport today, it could be the incident that gives the final push towards enclosed * in F1.

Vettel drove the wheels off his car, stunning drive in a car that shouldn't have been good enough for second and Kimi on the podium, getting to be a familiar sight again.

As for Maldonado - first I've seen anyone jump start for ages, but it clearly was a jump start, you could tell from the slow-mo shot of the start from Lewis' on-board. Rightly given two grid penalties, so he'll start ten places further back from where he qualifies next race... if I were him, I think I'd be almost tempted to just not do quali and start from the back - and have a complete set of new tyres for the race!
By The Deadly
I don't think Grosjean deserved a race ban. He was at fault for cutting across Hamilton but could never have predicted his car would be spun in the air in the way it was. I feel starting from the back of the grid in Monza and a fine would be more appropriate. There have been several incidents this season and last which have been more dangerous than what Grosjean did. Most of them involving Pastor Maldonado.

As for the enclosed * it wouldn't be good for F1. These guys are the best drivers in the world and fully know the risks of the sport before they go into it. If there were incidents all the time which affected the * area I'd agree that something should be done but such incidents are so rare that its not worth it.
By MK Chris
Deadly wrote:I don't think Grosjean deserved a race ban. He was at fault for cutting across Hamilton but could never have predicted his car would be spun in the air in the way it was. I feel starting from the back of the grid in Monza and a fine would be more appropriate. There have been several incidents this season and last which have been more dangerous than what Grosjean did. Most of them involving Pastor Maldonado.

Well - who's to say Maldonado shouldn't have had a race ban? He didn't have to predict it would do that, the start line is a crowded place and La Source is a heavy braking corner - as DC said, you have to be aware of those around you and err on the side of caution at the start. Fernando Alonso was very, very lucky - it COULD easily have been the first fatality in F1 since 1994. "You can't win a race at the first corner, but you can sure as hell lose it!"

Deadly wrote:As for the enclosed * it wouldn't be good for F1. These guys are the best drivers in the world and fully know the risks of the sport before they go into it. If there were incidents all the time which affected the * area I'd agree that something should be done but such incidents are so rare that its not worth it.

I'm personally in two minds... yes they know the risks, but on the other hand, who are we to say it's not worth it? We are not the ones putting our lives on the line.
By The Deadly
I don't argue that Grosjean did something wrong but it is a harsh punishment, it was an unfortunate accident. If I were to defend him to the FIA I would point out that Hamilton could have put the breaks on or possibly moved to the right a little.
By MK Chris
Move to the right and he's on the grass; put the brakes on at that point and he's at a big risk of someone hitting him up the arse.
By MK Chris
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930

Would be disappointed to see Lewis move from McLaren to Mercedes - Mercedes have not really impressed, I think it would be a backward step... however, it would be good to see Paul Di Resta move to a better team.
By The Deadly
Seems like a very financially motivated move. Mercedes have a decent team with good investment but McLaren are a team with pedigree and know what it takes to win races.'
By Yudster
I used to really like Hamilton. I think he has demonstrated thought that its easy to be appealing to your audience when things are going well, and less easy to make a good impression when things are not all going your way. Since he won his title I haven't had so much time for him and I think its a reflection of his apparently changed approach to his team and the sport in general. Nothing massive, but noticeable.

I still want him to do well though.
By The Deadly
I lost a lot of respect for him when he brought skin colour into it when complaining about his treatment by the stewards last season. As a driver he is excellent but as a person he appears difficult to deal with and slightly childish. His attitude changed after entering into his relationship with that rude, stuck up cow Nicole Shirtslinger.
By Yudster
Deadly wrote:I lost a lot of respect for him when he brought skin colour into it when complaining about his treatment by the stewards last season. As a driver he is excellent but as a person he appears difficult to deal with and slightly childish. His attitude changed after entering into his relationship with that rude, stuck up cow Nicole Shirtslinger.

I'm not sure it did - they had been together for ages before I thought he changed. If what is reported about her is anywhere near true though, she isn't the nicest person and maybe that whole lifestyle and attitude has rubbed off a bit.
By dimtimjim
Yay for Lewis.
By yummytummy
glad he won.
By The Deadly
Young Perez is a very impressive driver. Hope he stays with Sauber for the next couple of years to gain experience. With a bit of investment Sauber could win a lot of races next season.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up