Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By MK Chris
I don't expect Vettel to move any time soon.
By The Deadly
I think if the Red Bull car was still dominant I'd agree with you. Being the number one driver of an all German team would be quite a big lure for him though.
By MK Chris
I'd also expect Rosberg to give him a far better run for his money than Mark Webber (however much I like Mark) does at the moment. I suspect that's not lost on him either. Not to mention the fact that as long as Red Bull have Adrian Newey, you cannot rule out their being dominant again.
By dimtimjim
I can see Vettel going to Merc, what with Grandpoppa Schumi not doing the business and RB not dominating like last year. Merc will pay a lot to get his bum in that seat.

I don't see Webber or Massa still being in the sport next year, but we'll see.
By The Deadly
I think Webber would have a lot to offer a team like Sauber or Force India but his days of being at one for the top teams are coming to an end.
By dimtimjim
Can't see him doing that to be honest, regardless of how much he could offer to them, its what they could offer him...
By MK Chris
It depends if he would want to bow out at the top or if he would be prepared to take a step down. Also Sauber are making very good cars these days (well, this season).
By wireman2004
dimtimjim wrote:I can see Vettel going to Merc, what with Grandpoppa Schumi not doing the business and RB not dominating like last year. Merc will pay a lot to get his bum in that seat.

I don't see Webber or Massa still being in the sport next year, but we'll see.

Sorry. Have to disagree with you. Michael is doing the job. The luck is not there.
Points he has lost this year.

Aus. 15 atleast. Car problem dnf
Mal. 18 grosain took him out
Bah. Atleast 10. Drs problems took him to 17th on grid
Chi. Atleast 20. 2nd to rosberg. Car problem dnf
Spa. 8 points. Only driver related dnf
Mon. 25 points. Fastest driver. Relegated to 6th and car problem dnf
Can. 3 points. Drs problem dnf.

That's a probable 60 points lost. And as sky sports and former BBC commentator David croft said during commentary on Sunday. He would probably be the.championship leader going into Canada.
By dimtimjim
I would be the wealthiest man in the world too, if this that and the other were different... :?

Clearly a Michael fan, but I stand by what I said. I never liked Michael before - dangerously aggressive (he'd rather stick fellow racer in the wall than finish second), but at least in career 1, he was the best driver in the world, simple. Although this did make F1 quite boring for best part of a decade.

Now is the time for us Michael non-like-ers to laugh; he still drives with uber aggression, but is now no longer the fastest man on the grid, and is making many mistakes in an effort to regain former glory.

On the grid build up now, when they discuss Schumi and where he may finish the race - I play the 'how many laps will he complete before doing somethig stupid' game instead. Sooner or later, someone younger and quicker will overtake him, and he won't like it and do something daft. As the saying goes 'you make your own luck'.

Good on you for still supporting the greatest driver F1 has ever seen. But hes 'doing the job'...?
By MK Chris
Wireman I agree Schumacher has had shit luck this season, but even before this season Rosberg has proven himself to be consistently quicker. He has upped his game, but not as much as you think he has in my opinion. I certainly don't agree Michael would be leading the championship if he'd had no bad luck (and if he had had no bad luck, that would be extraordinary - everyone else has had a bit of bad luck, albeit not as much as Schumacher). Look at it this way: Lewis has had bad luck too, probably more than anyone excluding Schumacher and he is leading the championship.
By Senninha25
Deadly wrote:I don't think there is anywhere else for him to go to be honest. Mercedes will only use German drivers so I'd expect Vettel to go to them and Red Bull will probably take Di Resta from Force India.

That's definitely a wrong assumption. We're in 2012. This Mercedes team is the real works team and everything, but please don't mistake it for being the 100% German team it used to be in the 30's and 50's. All this just to say that Di Resta has a good chance of probably getting a future seat in Mercedes, and if a very good 2012 season is added to his DTM Title (you guessed right, in a Merc) he could be in with a really good chance of taking Schumacher's seat should the latter decide to leave/retire.
By MK Chris
Yep - don't forget they bought out the old Brawn team, which itself was Honda, previously BAR, previously Tyrrell - and they're based in Brackley.
By Senninha25
Topher wrote:Yep - don't forget they bought out the old Brawn team, which itself was Honda, previously BAR, previously Tyrrell - and they're based in Brackley.

So with some half-arsed calculations: 60% British, 10% Japanese (till late 2008) and 30(now 40)% German!

In that team surely there must be staff that lived through all those changes, and many of the people who worked at BAR, Honda and Brawn are probably still with Mercedes. And apart from the Mercedes bosses and obviously the drivers (Haug and the fella with the Moustache), they doesn't seem to show much of their origins in terms of staff involved, do they?
By jocky85
Did anyone else see the tweet that Ferrari were looking at Di Resta?

This is an amazing season so far this year, the first time in years the championship is completely wide open still, unlike the last couple of years where Vettel was well on the way to winning by now
By MK Chris
Not true - it is true that it's the most amazing season for a long time, but Vettel only ran away with it last season; the season before it went down to the wire, with four drivers in the hunt at the last race if I remember correctly (Vettel, Webber, Hamilton and Alonso... Button was in it up to the last race but one I think.)
By wireman2004
Ok. Some conclusions from what I've read and seen.

Vettel has a clause in his.contract that if he has a bad car. I.e finishes in 3rd in table. He has a option to leave for a new team.
Also a rumor that a pre contract has been signed for Ferrari in 2014

Webber. Possibly in le mans in 2014.

Hamilton. No contract for next year as if yet. Most likely to stay at McLaren. But could go to Ferrari if reports are to believed with no contact at McLaren. (imo. He won't leave McLaren.)

Alonso. Rumors of major influence on who he wants as team mate. Already said he can co-exist with both Hamilton's and vettel at the scuderia.

Massa. Seemingly on his way out of Ferrari. Wether Its at the end of this year or next is the question.

Di resta. links with Mercedes if Michael retires. But Ross brawn wants Michael to stay for next year.

Paul hembry. Pirelli spokesperson has said Michael is favourite to win this weekend. (He was up there in practice yesterday)

McLaren seem off the pace this weekend. Red bull have a balance. But lotus and Mercedes seem best in the longer runs.

hopefully that's all bases covered.

8 winners from 8 races???
Michael schumaher. Valencia has the same profile and feel as Monaco. Michael was fastest in quali there.
Both lotus drivers... The hot conditions should suit there car as they have a car that works in hot temps.
Massa. Ferrari are there and massa may well of been on the podium in Canada if it wasn't for his spin.
Do resta. Outside shot. But genuine pace from the fi and is in contention...

Boring gp normally. Hopefully something better this year will happen...

Previous winners in Valencia.

2011. Vettel
2010. Vettel.
2009. Barrichello.
2008. Massa

Intresting note...
All won from the front row...
By The Deadly
Vettel would never go to Ferrari with Alonso there. Alonso demands to be the number 1 driver in the team and with Vettel there that wouldn't be the case. Ferrari will go for a young up and comer who will support Alonso.
By wireman2004
Ferrari have already said they won't go for a newbie. They want someone with experience. Take Perez. He will be in year 3 of formula 1 next year and Ferrari say he is still not experienced enough.
By Senninha25
Better not be having kids this year then.

I'd like to also see if there are any young guns aspiring for a F1 seat next season. GP2 at the moment has James Calado, Jolyon Palmer, Felipe Nasr (who completely Senna'd his F3 competition last year), Esteban Gutierrez and, uh... that's it. The rest of the pack usually tends to have more money than skills. Apart from that, I don't see too many F1 drivers being taken off their seat for a young, rich gentleman.
By hdsport82
Senninha25 wrote:Better not be having kids this year then.

I'd like to also see if there are any young guns aspiring for a F1 seat next season. GP2 at the moment has James Calado, Jolyon Palmer, Felipe Nasr (who completely Senna'd his F3 competition last year), Esteban Gutierrez and, uh... that's it. The rest of the pack usually tends to have more money than skills. Apart from that, I don't see too many F1 drivers being taken off their seat for a young, rich gentleman.

Well the standard of the GP2 race this afternoon (and in quali) has been shocking it would be embarrassing at club meeting let alone in the feeder series for the suposed pinnacle of motorsport.
By The Deadly
Senninha25 wrote:Better not be having kids this year then.

Already have two and like I said you can have the first born one if Perez is not driving a Ferrari next season.
By Bonanzoid
Brilliant race at Valencia, although I'm guessing Toph didn't catch it! I had Vettel-Hamilton as my top 2 in the predictor league, imagine my frustration. Still, a cheeky 10 points each for Webber in 4th and Button in 8th has helped me climb atop of the CM.net league. Booya!
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up