Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
Topher wrote:I know it's a joke, but I can't let it go... perfect is perfect, imperfect is not perfect. You cannot be more perfect than before, you can either be perfect (although you can't but you know what I mean) or not.

You are quite unique aren't you Toph?

*waits*
Of course... we all are!

...was that pretty much what you expected?
Topher wrote:I know it's a joke, but I can't let it go... perfect is perfect, imperfect is not perfect. You cannot be more perfect than before, you can either be perfect (although you can't but you know what I mean) or not.

Is it sad that before I saw this post, I was thinking exactly the same thing? Perfect is an absolute, so I agree. Ben, your misuse of the word perfect is beautifully ironic.

Nicola_Red wrote:I feel really selfconscious about my scars in a swimming costume too, I dunno why. I'm fine when people see them when I'm wearing a dress or shorts.

If you're in a swimming costume, no-one's going to be looking at your scars. They'll be admiring your impressive tats.

And probably looking at your boobs.
Topher wrote:Of course... we all are!

...was that pretty much what you expected?

No, you disappoint me! I was expecting a diatribe on how you can't be "QUITE unique", as uniqueness is absolute and you can't have levels of it, something is either unique or it isn't. A missed opportunity for pedantry there Topher, not like you at all!
Yudster wrote:I was expecting a diatribe on how you can't be "QUITE unique", as uniqueness is absolute and you can't have levels of it, something is either unique or it isn't. A missed opportunity for pedantry there Topher, not like you at all!

I knew what you were driving at, missus.
Bonanzoid wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:I feel really selfconscious about my scars in a swimming costume too, I dunno why. I'm fine when people see them when I'm wearing a dress or shorts.

If you're in a swimming costume, no-one's going to be looking at your scars. They'll be admiring your impressive tats.

Maybe. But my scars are big and look fresh cos I have keloid skin (even though the most recent one is 13yrs old), and combined with the fact I limp, I just feel like everyone thinks I'm some sort of invalid. Which I am in a way I s'pose, but it's not a particularly pleasant feeling.
No...I don't get it. Keloid is where your skin produces too much collagen, so scars tend to heal lumpy, rubbery and darker than normal. They are much more common in darker skin, but there we go, I'm a special snowflake.
"Kevlar" was an answer to a starter question in University Challenge yesterday. Neither of the over-educated teams got it but I did.
Bonanzoid wrote:Fair play to you. I've tried to get in to running before, and I really can't stand it. I seem to get shin splints all the time and it's just a horrible, brief ordeal.

If you want to do something, go for a walk - other than playing football, I haven't run since we had to do cross country in school (and that was about 25 years ago).

If you have something to listen to on a generic mp3 player and before you go out you give two minutes thought to planning a bit of a route, you'll be fine. And you'll probably see your local area in a whole new light.

A 20 minute walk will soon become half an hour, will soon become an hour and before you know it you'll be walking 5+ miles and doing yourself the world of good.
If you can find the time to do it regularly, fast, and for a decent distance, walking is brilliant.
It could work, but I get up early enough thanks! I ought to think myself lucky that I have about half a mile to get to my bus stop in the morning, and then another half a mile to the office once I am off the bus - then that back in the afternoon, only uphill. Interesting though how something that I ought to be grateful for is the bane of my life, but given the dreadful state of me now, realistically god only knows how horribly fat I would be if I had a parking space at work...
Well when your ears are burning its supposed to mean someone is talking about you...

Should be sorted now Thanks Ian , yes all ok no[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]