Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By bmstinton93
Matt cardle is crap and he has murdered an amazing song by the brilliantly talented biffy clyro.
By R94N
All the acts are a flash in the pan anyway, even if they win. They'll be around for a year or so until next year's show where by then everyone will have forgotten about them.

EDIT: There are a few exceptions, I suppose. But mostly this is true.
By SAV1OUR
Wand Deflated as was Simon's ego, it's all good, but apart from that, a shite series.
By foot-loose
Since I fancy One Direction, I was a tad disappointed to see their wee sad faces... but Matt is fair enough. And the song will piss Bonanzoid off so everyones a winner really.
By chrysostom
BUMP.

Thought I might as well. Am I the only one who thought that taking it to deadlock was the right thing to do in terms of entertainment? Harsh on the poor girl who went, but she was pretty dull - and had a generic 'LeAnn Rimes' voice. You'd listen for the song, but not for her, whereas Rylan is at least a bit of comic relief (and isn't the only one who isn't that good a singer).

*awaits a shower of people clicking the X factor thread to talk about how much they hate the X factor*
By bmstinton93
I agree and Louis knew exactly what he was doing I think as well with taking so long over deciding.
By dimtimjim
I watched on Saturday curled up on Sofa with 'er indoor, but didn't watch last night for results, so no idea.

Essentially, I don't care, but if it keeps 'er 'appy on a quiet Saturday night, I'm in.
By The Deadly
It's all one big con to generate interest and buzz for the show. Very clever of the producers/Cowell to do it and it clearly has worked. I'm not a fan of the show but don't moan about it constantly. If you don't like it or agree with the judges then don't watch it.
By chrysostom
How can I agree with the judges when they don't even agree with themselves...should I be watching?!

The paradox...it's hurting my brain...

By The Deadly
Watching the footage it would appear Louis was told to change his mind by someone. It doesn't make any sense and it's really painful tv. Dermot shouting "LOUIS NOW" is my personal highlight.
By Tunster
Deadly wrote:Watching the footage it would appear Louis was told to change his mind by someone. It doesn't make any sense and it's really painful tv. Dermot shouting "LOUIS NOW" is my personal highlight.

It looks like it was all staged. I can't stand any TV that assumes the viewer has to be stupid to believe what they're watching. Okay, fair play it's entertaining but I feel sorry for the contestants. It's supposed to be a singing contest. Not a circus show based around the judges and odd one or two freak acts. :?
By chrysostom
If Carolynne was more popular with the audience, wouldn't she have gone through ahead of Rylan (given that it went to deadlock). Technically this move puts the audience's wants ahead of the integrity of the show - which is good in my opinion.

It makes it a more interesting watch as well as going with the voting audience's choice. Not to mention that most of the singers who are in the live shows are nowhere near the technical ability of professional singers. To say this is a competition based on talent alone would be wrong in my opinion. Carolynne was boring and not particularly likable. You only need to look to people like BassHunter or PSY to realise that commercial success in the music industry isn't just about singing talent.

If I were watching this to determine who should be a professional singer, I would have stopped after Leona Lewis (who while being a great singer, is boring as sin).

Last edited by chrysostom on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Tunster
chrysostom wrote:If I were watching this to determine who should be a professional singer, I would have stopped Leona Lewis (who while being a great singer, is boring as sin).

I'm glad I'm not the only one on planet earth that thinks this! :D If Leona had a personality, she'd be lethal.
By MadTheEddos
I never watch this show. The only thing that might have made me take an interest in it this year would've been Carolynne, and she's just been voted off. Sums X Factor up nicely IMO.

(Saying that, given how manufactured the show is she could still end up getting put back on it and then winning. So I've not given up hope for her yet.)
By chrysostom
I thought MK One's survival song was incredible, and easily their best performance of the show. Kye is boring.
By MK Chris
Are they from Milton Keynes?
By chrysostom
No, I did a load of research to see if they were - but the name's unrelated. The girl in it is a hottie too, if she was a local to MK I'd be even more upset that they're out.
By Tunster
chrysostom wrote:I thought MK One's survival song was incredible, and easily their best performance of the show. Kye is boring.

Wow. I thought the opposite. The girl was absolutely shocking at singing. Correct result although Rylan will be there towards the end because the show wants some controversy.
By The Deadly
Meh they are all pretty average. Certainly none of them match up to Steve Brookstein.
By Tunster
Deadly wrote:Meh they are all pretty average. Certainly none of them match up to Steve Brookstein.

The young girl is probably the only one taking note of. Again its a judge popularity contest with scandal and sleaze.
By chrysostom
Tunster wrote: Again its a judge popularity contest with scandal and sleaze.

That's why I watch. If I wanted to watch people singing well, I'd go elsewhere.
By Tunster
chrysostom wrote:
Tunster wrote: Again its a judge popularity contest with scandal and sleaze.

That's why I watch. If I wanted to watch people singing well, I'd go elsewhere.

Takes the piss out of the (little bit of) genuine talent there is on the show. That's why I hate it so much. Boring, predictable and boring.
By MadTheEddos
What strikes me about it is how overwhelmingly fake everything is. Ever since the time a few years ago when Louis Walsh got "sacked" by Simon and then - ZOMG! - reinstated soon afterwards(About a week later?), I've never been able to take anything about that show seriously.
By MadTheEddos
Apparently Cher(the real one) will be performing at the final next month. If true, that will get me watching.

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]