Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By MK Chris
I'm annoyed that we are still using EDI, that it always seems to go wrong and that when the shit hits the fan, I'm usually right in front of the fan.
By Longview01
Sunny So Cal wrote:I'm annoyed you're having a great day! lol :D

Im annoyed that your annoyed that balls is having a good day!
By Sunny So Cal
Walter, LOVE the old man face!!! Is enough to make me no longer annoyed that Balls was having a good day lol
By Longview01
My dogs back legs went and he could hardly walk.

We had to have him put down and I was holding his head in my hands when he died, it was only time in my entire life I ever saw my dad cry. Was a really horrible day but im glad I went with them and got to be with him when he went.

We buried him in the back garden and planted a little tree over him, that was 8 years ago now and the little tree is * huge now lol. I still think about him sometimes and it makes me sad.

But I know he had a good life with us and we loved and cared for him, thats what having pets is about.
By Sunny So Cal
Longview, it's nice that you went and held his head when he died. I've done the same with 2 of my pets -- both this year. It's hard to do but I wholeheartedly agree that you feel better afterwards that you were there to say goodbye.

Lottie, hang in there. I'm sure you were a good friend to your dog and that you'll do what's best for him.
By Bruvva
Oh well, I'll join in with this. What's annoying me is the fact that the company I work for has been promising us a "memorable" bonus after we got bought out four months ago. Is there any sign of any cold, hard cash? Is there balls. They keep stalling and saying thing like "ooh, we need to work out the most tax efficient way of giving it to you", JUST STUFF AN ENVELOPE FULL OF TENNERS AND LEAVE IT ON MY DESK YOU INCOMPETENT CHIMP MOLESTERS - I WON'T TELL THE TAX MAN IF YOU DON'T. The missus is off to Zambia next week and I need the money to fund my tour of local lap dancing establishments while she's away.
By Vivienne
what's annoying me = there are people who cannot simply open a DOOR. I mean, how difficult is it to open a DOOR. If it doesn't open when you pull it, surely you would think to push it. But no, this is way too complex for the simple masses. I am on reception duties, and I have had to run round and open the door several times this morning. Also, some random member of the dreaded public felt some bizarre need to correct my grammar when I spoke.
By MK Chris
Well you should talk proper, Viv.
By Yudster
Yeah Viv, talk proper like what we do!

Sorry. You're really not enjoying the "public interface" side of your new job, are you?!
By Vivienne
No, the "public" side isn't so good... I'm only doing it because the other person did a runner... !! I'm not surprised.
By Andy B
[quote="Viv 113"]what's annoying me = there are people who cannot simply open a DOOR. I mean, how difficult is it to open a DOOR.[quote]
Doors are the bane of my life. I never seem to get it right on the first go and then never seem to remember it. Honestly you've never met anyone with as much bad luck with doors as me. Dorrs are evil and out to get me.

I once stood outside Tesco's automatic door jumping up and down and waving my arms at it cos it wouldn't open automatically for me. Must ahve been there for a minute when some guy came up behind me and just pushed the door open......

Oh and I also correct people's grammar but only to annoy them a lot!
By MK Chris
Viv 113 wrote:No, the "public" side isn't so good... I'm only doing it because the other person did a runner... !! I'm not surprised.

We rarely keep receptionists very long, though since they turned it into a job share, the staff turnover is better.
By Sunny So Cal
I hated working w/the public when I was younger. When I worked concessions as a teenager, people would come up and order a "regular" Coke. The sign in front of them said "Small, Medium or Large." At first I would attempt to point out that we had no "Regular" and they should just pick a size but they'd stare vacantly back at me. Soon I started just giving them "Smalls" -- then they'd bitch that the "Regular" was too "Small" so soon I switched to "Mediums" but then they'd balk at the price. I quit because people were stupid. I moved on to retail & worked in a clothing shop. I had to quit because I'd point out to women that they CLEARLY needed the next size (dare I say 3 sizes?) UP from what they were asking for...For some reason the snobby cows didn't like to hear that!
I feel for you Viv lol
By Yudster
I'm annoyed because all my mint imperials are stuck together.
By Vivienne
i'm just plain exhausted... it's been a long week, and thank God it's the weekend where i can take it down a noche or 10, or 20... looking f/ward to R1's Sunday birthday, if i can stay awake, that is.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]