Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
User avatar
By S4B
#292271
I got awarded an Order of Merlin First Class by my Head Office today!
User avatar
By Quincy
#292280
topher you look like Heinz-Harald Frentzen
User avatar
By Zoot
#292282
I used to like Frentzen. Back in the day I was a huge Jordan fan, mainly because of the car Livery, like in '98 when they were the Buzzin Hornets. Its a shame Jordan don't race anymore, they were the most interesting team I thought.
User avatar
By DemonHorse
#292313
Yudster wrote:DemonHorse, why don't you want people to be attracted to F1? Surely the emergence of new and exciting talent in any sport is something which will always make people look - and if some of them then become supporters, surely that is a very very good thing? Its not a club you know. Are people who have never watched F1 before not allowed to become fans, is that what you are saying? Because that would be a good way to kill the sport in a very few years.


I'm just cynical of whether they are 'real' fans but I have also already explained my reasoning.
User avatar
By MK Chris
#292335
Quincy wrote:topher you look like Heinz-Harald Frentzen

Ha I've never heard that before.

Zoot wrote:I used to like Frentzen. Back in the day I was a huge Jordan fan, mainly because of the car Livery, like in '98 when they were the Buzzin Hornets. Its a shame Jordan don't race anymore, they were the most interesting team I thought.

I also liked Frentzen and Jordan. Rubens Barrichello was my favourite Jordan driver though (other than Damon Hill of course.)
By Ballbag
#292337
Johnny Herbert iw my all time F1 hero. He crashed head on into a wall, breaking both his legs. The result was he lost an inch or two in height, and could barely walk, yet he got straight mack into a car. The man's a legend.
User avatar
By Zoot
#292340
I liked Irvine, he was F1's last Rock n roll driver.
I remember one silverstone GP when he arrived in a F16... Now thats cool!
User avatar
By MK Chris
#292344
Bag for balls wrote:Johnny Herbert iw my all time F1 hero. He crashed head on into a wall, breaking both his legs. The result was he lost an inch or two in height, and could barely walk, yet he got straight mack into a car. The man's a legend.

Johnny Herbert is indeed a legend and has been the best character in F1 I think, he's always been a right laugh - even when he was in a completely unreliable car and had to retire in a large per centage of races, it was always a pleasure to listen to him being interviewed.
User avatar
By Yudster
#292375
DemonHorse wrote:
Yudster wrote:DemonHorse, why don't you want people to be attracted to F1? Surely the emergence of new and exciting talent in any sport is something which will always make people look - and if some of them then become supporters, surely that is a very very good thing? Its not a club you know. Are people who have never watched F1 before not allowed to become fans, is that what you are saying? Because that would be a good way to kill the sport in a very few years.


I'm just cynical of whether they are 'real' fans but I have also already explained my reasoning.


I'm not quite sure why enjoying watching the sport isn't enough to qualify for the accolade "real fan". Its not as though its a sport which is particularly accesible to the masses in terms of going to see it live.
User avatar
By pjordan2000
#292387
Its a sport in my opinion which is in fact better to watch on tv as you get to see the everything that happens. Granted, you can't feel the atmosphere like you do if you are there but seeing more of the event is just as important.
User avatar
By Yudster
#292395
The main reason the vast majority of fans will never go to a GP is the exorbitant cost of it.
User avatar
By pjordan2000
#292400
Yeah thats very true, that is a major factor for me not going. It's stupid considering you only get to see a portion of the race track anyway!
User avatar
By MK Chris
#292404
I would have loved to have gone to see the British Grand Prix but have never done so for the reason Yudster has stated. Also I agree about fans watching it, you need that and in time they gain knowledge about said sport that qualifies them as a 'proper' fan.
User avatar
By Vivienne
#293104
Today what's making me smile : Fearne & Reggie who are covering for Vernoff this morning! Reggie came into the studio in a right state (late), which was hilarious! Excellent stuff. :-)
User avatar
By MK Chris
#293187
The people in the crowd on telly at Glastonbury with a big banner for the Folkestone Earthquake Survivors made me smile today.
User avatar
By MK Chris
#293398
And today I got told I sound a bit like Comedy Dave, that's made me laugh too. I'm not sure whether it was meant as a compliment but it made me laugh.
User avatar
By charla
#293442
I had a great day at school, got told my idea for my coursework was great, went shopping, had a laugh in geography and got my ear pierced again, not bad for someone with a fear of needles. Oh and finally had a can of red bull. Happy lottie!
User avatar
By Yudster
#293529
What made me smile today was the look on a little boy's face as he told me "Mummy took me to the seaside today". His mum has just come out of hospital after a second kidney transplant, the first one failed and a couple of months ago we all thought she had no chance. Made me cry too, but I still smiled more.
User avatar
By Yudster
#293576
Thats a bad story. Sorry Kendra, hope things improve.
User avatar
By Yudster
#293639
My nephew lives just up the hill from there. He said something about a new swimming pool?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 673

TCMS Unedited Tuesday November 19th, 2019 ht[…]

He doesn't have to do anything. But as we all kno[…]

Criminal (US based) Latest episode of this is on[…]

Newsbeat packages 2007-present

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone on here had any […]