Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By MK Chris
Yeah, labradors and retrievers are very popular. We have always had golden retrievers since I was a kid.
By kendra k
we had a golden retriever once. we rescued him from an abusive environment. he was ok, but then would flip out when he was left alone. he had been locked in a garage for 3 years and beaten. he couldn't handle being left alone outside on an acre. he eventually ran off and an old couple the next street over took him in. we didn't try to get him back because we knew they could take care of him.

everybody had golden retrievers or labs when i was a kid, but now it's all about annoying little dogs like pugs and boston terriers.
By Vivienne
foot-loose wrote:Image

Thats from a few years back, she is older now, but she looks like that still. Her legs have pretty much given up though which is a shame.

And S4B - she never stopped eating when she was that age. The time she managed to get a hold of a multipack of Kit Kats was messy - tinfoil everywhere, but all the biscuits were gone!

Socks were never safe either. Or gloves.

Has this been taken along my way in Ayrshire, foots? something about it looks familiar... Like the dog. Wish I had a dog! :-( I'd like to rescue one from the cat & dog home.
By foot-loose
Nope. Had the photo been taken from the dogs point of view, you would be able to see Orkney.

I was looking at her earlier today - her legs stick out a funny angles because of the arthritis, she has a large bulge on her right hand side which is growing and pressing on her lung which means that she is having difficulty moving about for any length of time without getting short of breath, she is too old and weak for the vet to operate plus she had two major operations last year, I doubt she would survive another.

However, she is the happiest wee thing ever - I gave her a dog chew thing and you would think all her Christmases had come at once! I wish I could be made that happy so easily!
By MK Chris
Why would you have done a silly thing like that?
By timp
It rained on the first couple of days but on the last two days it was really nice, with a really powerful sun. Loads of people of burned. Well, we counted loads of sea shore creatures, none of which were worms though lol. Also they made us work really hard at night and reduced several people to tears. The food was rubbish too.

In short its good to be back!
By MK Chris
Camden's always good for an afternoon out.
foot-loose wrote:Ive not had a drink in aaaages! (at least a week now!)

Plus, thats the second time you have cracked that gag.

To be fair I have been here years its probably the fifth or sixth time.
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:

Plus, thats the second time you have cracked that gag*.

*that I have been aware of.
By Vivienne
I'm looking forward to seeing Madonna at the Live Earth "thing" later... can't wait... and she has a new song too! Excellent stuff :-)
foot-loose wrote:
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:

Plus, thats the second time you have cracked that gag*.

*that I have been aware of.

Myself and Jonny Hoarse (God rest his soul) started reusing 1999 jokes in about 2003 so we are probably back again now.
By Zoot
foot-loose wrote:To counteract the negativity that the "annoying you" thread will bring - whats making you smile today?

Gorilla throws rock at Young
(Monday July 09, 2007 09:50 AM)

Pop star Will Young will never forget his encounter with a gorilla recently - it threw a rock at him because it thought his girlfriend had a crush on the singer.

The singer was filming for the BBC Saving Planet Earth series when he visited a gorilla orphanage in Cameroon. All was going one until one of the gorillas erupted into a jealous rage.

He recalls, "One of the gorillas kept making this noise that meant she fancied me.

"It didn't go down too well with the males. One gave me this look out of the corner of his eye, and flung a huge rock against the fence right in front of my face."
By Yudster
See, women always fancy the gayers.
By Vivienne
It's sunny!! Wey hey!! I hope, unlike yesterday, it will remain that way!! Unfortunately, I ain't gonna have much time today or tomorrow to enjoy it :-(
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up