Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
User avatar
By foot-loose
#291734
To counteract the negativity that the "annoying you" thread will bring - whats making you smile today?

As per usual, I was cut up by an Audi. About five minutes - I drove past him later getting up close and personal with the boys in blue. Result!

:lol:
User avatar
By charla
#291736
That made me smile, thanks Footy, that was the first time today.
User avatar
By Zoot
#291739
My mate from the other side (Of the building, he's not dead...) just phoned me up to say he's taking me out for a coffee at lunch.
Thats made my morning a bit more bearable
By pinkysibbs
#291740
Watching my little boy get excited and dance to Bob the Builder was a definate smiley moment!
User avatar
By MK Chris
#291744
foot-loose wrote:To counteract the negativity that the "annoying you" thread will bring - whats making you smile today?

As per usual, I was cut up by an Audi. About five minutes - I drove past him later getting up close and personal with the boys in blue. Result!

:lol:

My mum had an incident like that once, I can't remember exactly what happened.

Two things are making me smile today: said attempt to get a house that I mentioned in the other thread, got our first viewing on Monday; and the fact that when my sister moved in with her boyfriend not long ago my exact words were 'I give her six months, they'll either have broken up, or she'll be up the duff, or both'. And I was right. The soppy cow better stop smoking otherwise I'll kill her.
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#291746
It's payday, I'm going to see the Rocky Horror Show after work and for the first time in aaaages I have the whole weekend off.
User avatar
By MK Chris
#291747
Are you paid weekly or four-weekly then? I used to get paid four-weekly and hated it, it messes your Direct Debits right up.
By Ballbag
#291749
foot-loose wrote:To counteract the negativity that the "annoying you" thread will bring - whats making you smile today?

As per usual, I was cut up by an Audi. About five minutes - I drove past him later getting up close and personal with the boys in blue. Result!

:lol:



A few years back Mrs Ballbag and I were unfortunate to encounter a pillock in a BMW on some country road, cutting in and out of traffic, and generally driving like a loon at 100mph or so. He got up behind me and flashed me to pull over (despite there being no room), he kept flashing me, so I flicked him the bird. Eventually he bombed it past me nearly hitting someone coming the other way.

Anyway about 15 miles up the road we came across him again..... standing at the side of the road, with his knackered up beemer sideways in a ditch. He waved us down, so we slowed up as we neared him (as we were the only ones about by then). I opened the window and asked, "are you alright". He said "yeah I'm fine, but my car's a gonna".
I replied "serves you right" and wheelspun away....... once again flicking the bird.

I love karma.
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#291750
Topher wrote:Are you paid weekly or four-weekly then? I used to get paid four-weekly and hated it, it messes your Direct Debits right up.


four weekly. I've been working here just over six years and I've never really got accustomed to it. Much preferred weekly pay at Ticketmaster. Alas, the money there was rubbish, so it all evens out.

My housemate gets paid today too and from next month he's got a hoofing rise - now earning almost three times as much as me. let the good times begin! :D
User avatar
By foot-loose
#291752
Topher wrote:Two things are making me smile today: said attempt to get a house that I mentioned in the other thread, got our first viewing on Monday; and the fact that when my sister moved in with her boyfriend not long ago my exact words were 'I give her six months, they'll either have broken up, or she'll be up the duff, or both'. And I was right. The soppy cow better stop smoking otherwise I'll kill her.

Which bit were you right about? I know your gonna be an uncle - are the two of them still together tho?

And do you want us to predict about you and Mrs Topher moving in? :lol:
User avatar
By MK Chris
#291758
Bag for balls wrote:
foot-loose wrote:To counteract the negativity that the "annoying you" thread will bring - whats making you smile today?

As per usual, I was cut up by an Audi. About five minutes - I drove past him later getting up close and personal with the boys in blue. Result!

:lol:



A few years back Mrs Ballbag and I were unfortunate to encounter a pillock in a BMW on some country road, cutting in and out of traffic, and generally driving like a loon at 100mph or so. He got up behind me and flashed me to pull over (despite there being no room), he kept flashing me, so I flicked him the bird. Eventually he bombed it past me nearly hitting someone coming the other way.

Anyway about 15 miles up the road we came across him again..... standing at the side of the road, with his knackered up beemer sideways in a ditch. He waved us down, so we slowed up as we neared him (as we were the only ones about by then). I opened the window and asked, "are you alright". He said "yeah I'm fine, but my car's a gonna".
I replied "serves you right" and wheelspun away....... once again flicking the bird.

I love karma.

I was driving home round country roads the other night and some cretinous moron coming the other way was overtaking someone with no room whatsoever... I actually thought he was going to go head on into me and had to brake really hard. Unfortunately I don't know if he got the comeuppance that your BM man did, but it shook me up a bit.

nicola_red wrote:My housemate gets paid today too and from next month he's got a hoofing rise - now earning almost three times as much as me. let the good times begin! :D

That is a hell of a rise! Promotion?

foot-loose wrote:
Topher wrote:Two things are making me smile today: said attempt to get a house that I mentioned in the other thread, got our first viewing on Monday; and the fact that when my sister moved in with her boyfriend not long ago my exact words were 'I give her six months, they'll either have broken up, or she'll be up the duff, or both'. And I was right. The soppy cow better stop smoking otherwise I'll kill her.

Which bit were you right about? I know your gonna be an uncle - are the two of them still together tho?

I was only right about the one thing, but I do believe it won't be too long before they split up. Maybe longer now in light of the pregnancy. I could be wrong but I doubt it!

foot-loose wrote:And do you want us to predict about you and Mrs Topher moving in? :lol:

Ha that's completely different thank you very much! We've been together two and a half years and not rushed into anything for a start.
User avatar
By Yudster
#291765
Topher wrote:Ha that's completely different thank you very much! We've been together two and a half years and not rushed into anything for a start.


Statistically, I don't think that puts you in a better position at all! Other things obviously do though.
User avatar
By charla
#291767
I think they'll stay together for a fair while. They both like ping pong, that's a good thing to build a relationship on.
User avatar
By MK Chris
#291769
Yudster wrote:
Topher wrote:Ha that's completely different thank you very much! We've been together two and a half years and not rushed into anything for a start.


Statistically, I don't think that puts you in a better position at all! Other things obviously do though.

Like she is a stroppy cow and still acts like a teenager! I was supportive on the phone last night and she was being nice back, probably because she's a bit scared at the moment.
User avatar
By charla
#291770
Scared of what? You?
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#291772
Topher wrote:
nicola_red wrote:My housemate gets paid today too and from next month he's got a hoofing rise - now earning almost three times as much as me. let the good times begin! :D

That is a hell of a rise! Promotion?


Kind of. He works in IT in the city council and he's been taken on for 'disaster recovery' of their entire server system, which involves being on call 24hrs some of the time. Amazingly (I thought), he negotiated an impressive rise for the job. I'm expecting something shiny :D
User avatar
By MK Chris
#291774
charlalottie wrote:Scared of what? You?

Scared of the whole situation I think. But good scared if you see what I mean. Not that I'm optimistic, I can't imagine her being a mum, which probably isn't the best sign.
User avatar
By claradooblue
#291776
i still can't imagine myself as a mum and i've been one for nearly six years now. What's a "mum" supposed to be like?
User avatar
By foot-loose
#291777
Yudster wrote:Statistically, I don't think that puts you in a better position at all! Other things obviously do though.

I heard the guy from The Weakest Link reading that.
User avatar
By Zoot
#291778
foot-loose wrote:I heard the guy from The Weakest Link reading that.


Anne Robinson.

:D
User avatar
By claradooblue
#291779
She would be an interesting mum.
User avatar
By foot-loose
#291780
Zoot wrote:
foot-loose wrote:I heard the guy from The Weakest Link reading that.


Anne Robinson.

:D

Yes - that guy.

:wink: (thats meant to be Anne doing her characteristic irritating wink thingy)
User avatar
By Yudster
#291781
pinkysibbs wrote:Watching my little boy get excited and dance to Bob the Builder was a definate smiley moment!


I had a smiley moment when I dropped my lad at nursery, and said "bye bye, I love you" and he replied "Yes, you do......" and toddled off to get his breakfast.
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#291783
Oh that reminded me. I talked to my best friend for the first time in a while last nite and he sent me a text telling me that I'm gorgeous and he loves me. That's still making me smile too.
User avatar
By charla
#291784
Anne Robinson is a mum. Her daughter does the Weakest link in Ireland or something I can't remember now, but she was classed as an "unfit" mother though.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 673

TCMS Unedited Saturday 20th July, 2019 https[…]

If you’ve read his book or listened for more than[…]