Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Bruvva
What Chrysostom said really. Abramovich is the one responsible for the managerial merry go round that's been gong on there for the last few years. Don't win the Champions League, sacked..Win it but have an indifferent start to the season, sacked. Whoever comes in over the summer has got to basically rebuild the team but, if rumours are to be believed, there are members of that squad who are resistant to change (hi John!) so it'll be easier said than done.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mourinho may well be back next season but as to how long he'll stay is open to debate.

On the plus side to Rafa being there, at least he's got Chelsea fans making their own banners rather than relying on those cheap, plastic flags given away to try and generate an atmosphere.
By DevilsDuck
If the special one comes back, it will only be because Abramovic has agreed to a huge transfer budget again.

José wouldn't come back and risk tainting the image he has built... Unless he had unlimited funds
By Yudster
I have a sneaky feeling that Jose might be headed to the Etihad. Mancini is looking rocky.
By dimtimjim
As a not-massively-bothered football outsider, Chelsea are a joke, and I agree its all down to Mr Moneybags and his pish-poor treatment of managers. The 'special one' should never have gone in the first place, ever since then its been hilariously bad.
By Bruvva
Yudster wrote:I have a sneaky feeling that Jose might be headed to the Etihad. Mancini is looking rocky.

Looking at the betting markets, Jose's 5/4 to go to Chelsea followed by Moyes at 9/1 then Pelligrini at 10/1 and Poyet at 12s. He's 3/1 for the United job (Moyes is favourite at 11/4) and 8/1 for city (Altro is the favourite for that at 8/15).

Admittedly those aren't 100% accurate as a guide but I think they generally give a reasonable impression I think.
By Yudster
Bruvva wrote:
Yudster wrote:I have a sneaky feeling that Jose might be headed to the Etihad. Mancini is looking rocky.

Looking at the betting markets, Jose's 5/4 to go to Chelsea followed by Moyes at 9/1 then Pelligrini at 10/1 and Poyet at 12s. He's 3/1 for the United job (Moyes is favourite at 11/4) and 8/1 for city (Altro is the favourite for that at 8/15).

Admittedly those aren't 100% accurate as a guide but I think they generally give a reasonable impression I think.

What United job? Is Fergie hanging up his hairdryer?
By Yudster
Well you have to start asking yourself when that will be. Personally I don't think they will go with Jose when they do, because the one thing United will know they want is someone for the long haul, and however successful he has been Jose has never wanted to stay anywhere for more than two or three seasons.
By Bruvva
I dunno, are long term managerial appointments gone for good now? The only ones I can think of in the English top flight that have been around for any length of time are Ferguson (26 years), Wenger (16 years), Moyes (10 years) and Pulis (6 years) after them it's Mcdermott and Mancini of Reading and City respectively at 3 years each.
By Yudster
I can't see United being happy to embrace that ethos though. Still, you never know.
By DevilsDuck
I think Man Utd are setup pretty well for another manager to come in and stay long term, but they need someone who wont try and change everything to put his mark on things
By Yudster
I reckon it will be someone with some history at the club. Not that any amazing candidates spring immediately to mind.
By Yudster
Most of the United fans I spoke to laughed when I told them that people were saying Moyes might be next at United. I don't really know why. Mr Yudster said he thought he might do ok, but he hopes it isn't him because he doesn't like him.

However - we got an away win yesterday - where did THAT come from?! If we win our game in hand that would take us into lower-mid table territory and we could think about being safe.
By chrysostom
I'd like to see Moyes are Arsenal. With a decent amount of money his buys would be quite interesting.

His teams are always well disciplined and defensively good - but his flair players express themselves and attack well. I think we'd get the same response from him that we did when we invited Ferguson to be manager a year before he was at United "I don't like London.".
By Yudster
Bonanzoid wrote:Maybe with Moyes at United they could virtually guarantee Leighton Baines' signature.

Do they want that? And if so, why?!
By Bruvva
Yudster wrote:
Bonanzoid wrote:Maybe with Moyes at United they could virtually guarantee Leighton Baines' signature.

Do they want that? And if so, why?!

He's good, young and British so why not? Could use a haircut though, scruffy herbert.

In real football news - how the blinking flip are Kidderminster Harriers SECOND in the conference? SECOND! They lost their first 5 games and drew the next 4...
By Bruvva
Yeah, read that. Can't remember why Worcester can't play at theirs though. Remind me.
By bmstinton93
We sold it and we're so skint we can't afford a new one. It's gonna be a shame to see that ground go. Not sure how we're ever gonna afford a new ground. I can't see the club continuing for too much longer. Apparently Cecil Duckworth offered to buy the club but got turned down so he went and bought the rugby club instead who are now fighting well in the premiership.
By dimtimjim
The only thing you should buy from Worcester is the Sauce.

Saturday is up