Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Tunster
Yudster wrote:I've got the new US drama Arrow on series link but I haven't started watching it yet. Anyone seen it? Any good?

I'm unsure of it after the trailers. Can imagine the first episode being quite epic and then the rest being disappointing. I'm investing my series time into Strike Back. Now that's good and is a proper rough version of Spooks with more action in the field.
By Nicola_Red
I don't think I've heard of Arrow. What's it about?
By chrysostom
Latina wrote:I just found out that ITV4 is going to showing Cheers (from episode one), Monday to Friday as of the 29th. Two episodes each night from 7pm. :D

SERIES LINK.
By DevilsDuck
Oh my god! That's amazing... I love cheers!
By Tunster
Nicola_Red wrote:I don't think I've heard of Arrow. What's it about?

Some guy ends up alone on an island, the authorities think he's dead, and then he comes back with awesome bow and arrow powers to take revenge on the evil people when he returns. Sounds very American.
By Latina
chrysostom wrote:
Latina wrote:I just found out that ITV4 is going to showing Cheers (from episode one), Monday to Friday as of the 29th. Two episodes each night from 7pm. :D

SERIES LINK.

Exactly what I was thinking. :) I actually have seasons 1-7 (the only ones currently available on R2 DVD) waiting patiently on my LoveFilm rental list, but there's no need for that now!

I read on Digital Spy that they plan to show every episode, which I hope is true. I probably haven't seen more than about 30 episodes overall, but I've always wanted to see the rest, particularly the last few seasons. I also feel it's my duty as an obsessed Frasier fan to fully educate myself in its origins.
By Zoot
Arrow is based on Green Arrow, the DC comic book

Also, Dunno if its been mentioned yet, but I HIGHLY recommend the US version of The Office
Just get past the first series though, its Shit.
By Tunster
Zoot wrote:Arrow is based on Green Arrow, the DC comic book

Didn't know that! May check it out if I have any time.

Also, Dunno if its been mentioned yet, but I HIGHLY recommend the US version of The Office
Just get past the first series though, its Shit.

That's the next series I need to catchup on with my flatmate who is in love with the US Office after we've compeled Sherlock. The end of the series 1 of that is * up!
By Yudster
The reason I liked the look of Arrow from the trailers was because it seemed to me to be a DC/Marvel type Superhero idea - so thanks Zoot, for confirming that. I knew you would be able to if anyone could.
By chrysostom
Tunster wrote:That's the next series I need to catchup on with my flatmate who is in love with the US Office after we've compeled Sherlock. The end of the series 1 of that is * up!

Oh my god, just wait until the end of season 2.
By MadTheEddos
The Big Bang Theory on E4 FTW for me right now. That and various soaps which I dip in and out of.
By Yudster
I have seasons 1 - 5 on DVD. I love Sheldon THIS much.
By MadTheEddos
I'm well jel - I've only recently got into it and don't have any shows on DVD yet, I've only seen most of the season where Sheldon did his expedition to the North Pole.
And yeah, Sheldon is actual comedy genius!
By Tunster
chrysostom wrote:
Tunster wrote:That's the next series I need to catchup on with my flatmate who is in love with the US Office after we've compeled Sherlock. The end of the series 1 of that is * up!

Oh my god, just wait until the end of season 2.

I kinda heard what happens, but it's probably not the way I think it is. Can't wait! And the theme music is just epic enough just to keep replaying.
By a-moron
Yudster wrote:I've got the new US drama Arrow on series link but I haven't started watching it yet. Anyone seen it? Any good?

LATE UPDATE -
Pretty darn good actually.
Hope they've not blown all the budget on the pilot but from what I've seen this could be pretty epic TV.
#BadgerReviewsShit.

^ not a misuse of a #. Honest.
By Yudster
Watched episode 1 now - and I LOVE it. It has everything I love about an old fashioned DC or Marvel type superhero movie, in a TV series. I am going to enjoy this.
By Tunster
theflyingbadger wrote:

LATE UPDATE -
Pretty darn good actually.
Hope they've not blown all the budget on the pilot but from what I've seen this could be pretty epic TV.
#BadgerReviewsShit.

^ not a misuse of a #. Honest.

Twitter whore. Tsk.
By Latina
Cool. :) I watched them as well, although that nearly didn’t happen… I couldn’t record them on the Freeview recorder as planned because ITV4 had stopped working on the main TV. Luckily I have an ickle Freeview box on the TV in my room as well, so I just watched it live on there. I’m hoping to sort out the downstairs connection in time for this evening’s episodes so I can record them as intended.

Luckily, the episodes are/will be also available on the ITV Player (for 30 days I assume), which is just as well given that they don’t seem to exist on YouTube. :D

EDIT: Wow, what a boring post. I should have just said I liked the episodes too. ;)
By MadTheEddos
By the way, who here likes Green Wing? I've got both series on DVD and I've re-watched a few episodes this week. I think it's genius.
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, I'm a big Green Wing fan. I'm a bit obsessed with Stephen mangan in fact. Love Free Agents, love Episodes.
By Yudster
Is there going to be another series of Episodes?
By Nicola_Red
I dunno, with series 2 only just having finished I don't think it's been picked up for a third yet.
By Nicola_Red
Unfortunately, googling a show called 'Episodes' isn't easy. Half of those hits are about other tv shows (Lost, Prison Break, That 70s Show...) however, the tv.com result confirms that it has indeed been renewed for a third season. So that's good news :)

http://www.tv.com/news/showtime-renews- ... n-3-29554/

Saturday is up