Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
jamiec21 wrote:Mark and Lard - 24th Feb 2004
http://sharebee.com/f7e18902

Thanks again Jamie, myself & TIAL will edit one each of those shows & upload them as soon as we can.

Front page will be updated in half an hour, descriptions for the three Mark & Lard shows to follow in the next day or so.
thanks for two more mark & lard shows! it dosen't seem like almost 5 years ago since they finished on radio 1, how time goes by. it's crazy how things stick in your memory, i remember i was coming to the end of year 11 at the time and i had the one afternoon off school to go to an interview for college. when i got back home i remember laughing lots at lard's mint copy of rhinestone cowboy which i was listening to through the tv via cable, almost choking on my sandwhich that i was eating at the time! that was on the 22nd march (monday).

i'll get around to uploading a few of those ogg file shows soon. the jimmy page one and such...
DC wrote:thanks for two more mark & lard shows! it dosen't seem like almost 5 years ago since they finished on radio 1, how time goes by. it's crazy how things stick in your memory, i remember i was coming to the end of year 11 at the time and i had the one afternoon off school to go to an interview for college. when i got back home i remember laughing lots at lard's mint copy of rhinestone cowboy which i was listening to through the tv via cable, almost choking on my sandwhich that i was eating at the time! that was on the 22nd march (monday).

i'll get around to uploading a few of those ogg file shows soon. the jimmy page one and such...

I'll be honest I didn't realise until about late 2005/early 2006 that they had left Radio 1. I had gone of Moyles for a while & decided to listen to my Mini Discs that I had taped from 2001/2 again as the then current show in 2003 seemed a bit empty & in general music in 2003/4 was rubbish so I hardly listened to any radio at all.

It was only when I started to listen to Moyles again in late 2005 & went back on the Radio 1 website that I realised that they had both left, and it wasn't until I listened back to the single show of theirs that I recorded back in 2001 that I realised that Radio 1 had really lost something unique.

Lard's choice cuts are brilliant, I'm surpised they got away with them to be honest :lol:
Johnny 1989 wrote:Lard's choice cuts are brilliant, I'm surpised they got away with them to be honest :lol:

There are a whole load of those as individual mp3s on the torrent I was downloading from.
If anyone's interested I could put those up too. Wouldn't need any editing.
TIAL wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:Lard's choice cuts are brilliant, I'm surpised they got away with them to be honest :lol:

There are a whole load of those as individual mp3s on the torrent I was downloading from.

Yes please, they are great, my fave so far is Frosty The Snowman :lol:
Johnny 1989 wrote:I'll be honest I didn't realise until about late 2005/early 2006 that they had left Radio 1. I had gone of Moyles for a while & decided to listen to my Mini Discs that I had taped from 2001/2 again as the then current show in 2003 seemed a bit empty & in general music in 2003/4 was rubbish so I hardly listened to any radio at all.

It was only when I started to listen to Moyles again in late 2005 & went back on the Radio 1 website that I realised that they had both left, and it wasn't until I listened back to the single show of theirs that I recorded back in 2001 that I realised that Radio 1 had really lost something unique.

Lard's choice cuts are brilliant, I'm surpised they got away with them to be honest :lol:

yes since they left really it was the start of the fearne & reggie/colin & edith/kelly osbourne era, it's a shame that the people who've started to listen to radio 1 since have missed out on it all. even the way the station sounded back in 2001 sounded better, we had the dreem team and sara at breakfast i know. but i would rather have them than fearne & reggie and all these kids presenters that are coming in now.

what's the show that you recorded in 2001? wouldn't mind that being uploaded soon!

TIAL wrote:

the classic cuts were by far one of their best sketches. however i'd watch the ones on that torrent becuase if they were ripped from the bbc site at the time, then the classic cut itself would be shortened. although the discussion leading up to it was unedited. it was possibly due to music being on there with the laws at the time, or the fact that they daren't give another chance to blue suede shoes bringing in complaints from the daily mail readers!

the guy who set up the mark & lard sounds page recorded them straight from the radio at the time, some on that torrent could be from here too. no talk up to the cut but these are the unedited classic cuts:-
http://www.compulink.co.uk/~lemoncurry/
DC wrote:the guy who set up the mark & lard sounds page recorded them straight from the radio at the time, some on that torrent could be from here too. no talk up to the cut but these are the unedited classic cuts:-

Thanks, I've been on that site today adding some that weren't on the torrent. Now you've explained the situation, i'll replace all the ones I can with the ones from that site - and the rest we'll just have to make do with as they are. :D
TIAL wrote:
DC wrote:the guy who set up the mark & lard sounds page recorded them straight from the radio at the time, some on that torrent could be from here too. no talk up to the cut but these are the unedited classic cuts:-

Thanks, I've been on that site today adding some that weren't on the torrent. Now you've explained the situation, i'll replace all the ones I can with the ones from that site - and the rest we'll just have to make do with as they are. :D

look at ken dodds happiness for example. the one from the radio 1 site is shorter than the one from the lemoncurry site. maybe if someone had the time and some good sound editing software, they could sort it all out.
I hope these work, here are a couple of Mark & Lard related clips on You Tube:

Radcliffe on Celebrity Stars In Their Eyes, singing in the only way we'd expect :lol:

The Shirehorses singing Roll With It, see if you can spot Chris' old Producer/Executive Producer Rhys there

Anyway for those of you wondering where the Moyles updates are, well there will be more this weekend, the Holly Vallence one will, finally, be up by this weekend & one of either the last Saturday or first breakfast show, depends on which one I grab hold of to copy first :lol:
jamiec21 wrote:Mark & Lard - 25th February 2004
http://sharebee.com/6eae4f46

Nice one, thanks Jamie :D

I have to say these Mark & Lard shows have been brilliant, the stuff they got away with back then, I'm surprised the Daily Mail wasn't outside Radio 1 Manchester protesting about it :lol:
jamiec21 wrote:Mark & Lard - 26th February 2004
http://sharebee.com/c3c2a88d

Just realised, tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of the final Biggest Show :(

Thanks for that, downloading it now :D

Yeah, five years since one of the best Radio shows of all time finished :( Thank God we have these files to remind us of the good times & to listen to as an alternative to all the cack on the air these days :roll: :lol:

I'll drink a pint & shout out Biggedy, Biggedy Bong as a mark of respect tomorrow evening :lol:

jocky85 wrote:Thanks Johnny! :D

No problem, there's another good one coming up soon, 23rd April 2002, where Holly Vallence was the special guest. The interview is great as Holly really got the show (as opposed to Halle Berry :roll: :lol:) & also a great handover with Mark & Lard :D
Topher wrote:I'm getting a bit behind on these, need to download the newly uploaded ones. Thanks to all involved, including the Mark and Lard shows DownCount.

No problem, I'm glad of all the Mark & Lard material as well, there seems to be a criminally low amount out there on the web (I suppose Moyles fans are probably more geekier than Mark & Lard fans ;) :lol: )

Either myself or TIAL will edit & upload these again, hopefully by Sunday, along with several more vintage Moyles shows, I think I'm going to make the last Saturday & first breakfast a priority. I just need to get to set aside some time over the next few days to tape them.
jamiec21 wrote:The last of the one week of February 2004 shows I have.

Mark & Lard - 27th February 2004
http://sharebee.com/711553ef

Damn it Jamie, I was just going to go a bed & get some much needed sleep as I have work tomorrow.... :x

...Ah screw it, who needs sleep anyway ;) :lol:

Thanks again for these, loads of Mark & Lard editing to do now 8O :lol:
Two more Mark & Lard shows added at the top of this page:

Friday 18th April 2003 & Monday 23rd February 2004

Enjoy

Apologies if the first post looks a bit of a mess at the moment, I feel a bit ill, completely drained due to a lack of sleep over the last 3-4 days (about 4.5-5 hours sleep) and I think it's finally caught up with me so I'm gonna go a bed at about 9:30-10pm (lightweight) :lol:

There are at least 7 more Mark & Lard episodes on their way (one is mine & the rest are JamieC21's) and at least one more Moyles. I had hoped that this week I would have had a load of Moyles shows ready by Sunday but due to a hectic week & me feeling like shite tonight I haven't got round to taping any of them.

That been said, hopefully I'll be ok tomorrow & can resume taping some more Moyles for you all, especially the two shows I mentioned last time :D
Two more shows added:

Chris Moyles from Tuesday 23rd March 2000, where the team are up in BBC Radio Leeds having a bit of fun

Mark & Lard from Friday 27th February 2004, this show marks that there is only 1 month left of Mark & Lard on air :(

Enjoy :D
Another mini update (after 3 hours attempting!) 8O

Another Mark & Lard show added, this time it's a special ones as the boys (along with guests) are "reporting" the England Vs Argentina game from World Cup 2002, as usual link added to first page

Enjoy :D
TIAL wrote:Thanks! I look forward to that one.
*downloads*

I think you will enjoy that one, it's like your listening to Mark & Lard in one of their homes, with their mates, whilst watching the game. W.A.N.K. Cincinnati is wonderfully bizarre as well :lol:

Ed Pummelon wrote:Winner, thanks. Don't know how I missed Thursday's update either the weekend either, I was looking for something to listen to. Downloading now...

That would be my fault (regarding Thursday's update), I updated my signature but forgot to update the thread title, when I changed it last night I did think to meself that 10 days since the last update seemed a bit long ago :roll: :lol:

By the way I should point out that this was was captured by Jamie via two tapes so unfortunately there are two tape breaks, that explains why Radcliffe suddenly fades up near the end (the end of part 2 is just concluding Destiny Child's "Say My Name", and Mark isn't speaking & when Part 3 starts Mark is already speaking).

Either way I think you ladies & gents will enjoy it, if only for England defeating Argentina on that one :lol:

Thank you both!!