Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
By neilt0
c_radical wrote:Nice. Pity Giganews has a 10gb limit on free trial accounts; looks like I'm going to have to upgrade :D
Many thanks for these links by the way!

Ah, I didn't think about the limits. Maybe sign up with Astraweb for a month (US$11: http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/k ... cards.html ) or rotate around the free trials -- there are lotsa NSPs who do free trials.

Bigger thanks should go to our anonymous benfactor. I'm just the middleman.
By JaseF
I would be happy to pay for some high quality DVDs :)
By jamiec21
BAM! Have managed to salvage the RAW Freeview recordings of the final four shows (Annie Nightingale, Dev, Chris Moyles Show and Fearne) missing from the DVB-S capture on Usenet. The native bitrate on Freeview is I believe lower than satellite, but I think is better than reencoding it to MP4 or whatever. This means we'll have lossless video of the entire show! I'll upload them to Multiupload over the next few nights. I'll also upload bonus material (the 4 TV link ups, and a few radio interviews).
By neilt0
jamiec21 wrote:BAM! Have managed to salvage the RAW Freeview recordings of the final four shows (Annie Nightingale, Dev, Chris Moyles Show and Fearne) missing from the DVB-S capture on Usenet. The native bitrate on Freeview is I believe lower than satellite, but I think is better than reencoding it to MP4 or whatever. This means we'll have lossless video of the entire show! I'll upload them to Multiupload over the next few nights. I'll also upload bonus material (the 4 TV link ups, and a few radio interviews).

Awesome! You rule. Freeview should look almost as good as the satellite stuff. Lovely Jubbly.
By jamiec21
bmstinton93 wrote:I really don't think the BBC would bother taking it down. They would most likely not even find out about it. Especially if it was renamed something different

It's not our fault ludicrous bullshit BBC rules stops them from hosting it on the iPlayer like every other programme they broadcast on their regular channels. Especially when Comic Relief is involved. I bet there's hundreds if not thousand of people who would like to use the iPlayer to replay or watch for the first time bits of the show and can't. With every viewer comes a potential donator, and I'm certain they're missing out on a few hundred quid at the very least by not making the programme available on iPlayer. That will still be the case where downloads are involved and the BBC should remember that if they bother to take links down. Comic Relief doesn't close down after Easter, I could be watching the marathon again in 6 months or 6 years time and be motivated to donate to Comic Relief after I've finished watching it.
By Pieh0
2nd part on usenet is almost done, my pc will hate me once it starts encoding :P, Thanks to whoever is putting the direct stream up, id rather have the full quality stream swallowing up 50gb of hd than some crappy low bitrate rip.

*edit*

Also, can we find out how the ts files were split, id like to merge them all back together and have 1 huge video :)
By neilt0
Pieh0 wrote:Also, can we find out how the ts files were split, id like to merge them all back together and have 1 huge video :)

I'd try tsmuxer and HDTVtoMPEG2 -- they handle transport streams pretty well. VideoReDo is excellent, but is payware. There's a free trial available, which may be enough.

I'm now watching the broadcast for the third time...! First viewing was the glitch-tastic web stream with chunks missing, second was the Freeview recode with part of the 06.30 to 10:00 show missing, and now we have the definitive version!
By Pieh0
Funny you should mention tsmuxer, just trying it now and it seems to be working (yay).

Also i'm glad it wasnt just me that was having constant disconnects with the web stream, watched during the first bass cannon and thought "meh, i'll wait for it to go on the net" :P.

Thanks for the help :)
By Bluestraw
Combining the ts files is very easy - make sure they're in a folder together, and just use 'copy /b *.ts joinedfile.ts'. Done :) However, there is a slight overlap at some of the 3-hour file edit points, so the huge file would repeat slightly at the joins, and you'd need to use one of the tools mentioned above to edit that out. Then again, the splits are in news bulletins or at the start of songs, so slight glitches probably wouldn't be too bad.
By Pieh0
Yea i tried doing that, but from what ive seen, the first file has 2 errors in it (according to mpeg2repair) which threw it out i think.

Tried it in projectx and it said "cannot find sequence header". tsmuxer seemed to either fix or ignore the errors and put the files together, then demuxed it.

Also with the join, had to laugh, Dom was talking about "Colonel Gadda-dafi" :P

Heres the mpeg2repair log, http://www.pieh0.co.uk/mpeg2repairlog.txt
By roblawton
Finally got another video uploaded!

Archive <<< I've put the newest video on it's own, then all audio and the first video are in the folder!

This is from Thursday at 09:59 through to around 14:05. Totally unedited and converted from a 1.05GB .ts file to a 2.5GB .mp4

Enjoy!
By neilt0
bmstinton93 wrote:So how big will all these usenet files be?

Around 1GB per hour, so about 44GB (the cap ended prematurely at 2am on Friday).
By Dexs
Hi there! Newbie here, but really loved Longest Show Ever, so would love to get the best quality cap available from Red Button. As I read, cap from satellite is missing some last hours. Is there anyone with these missing hours, also capped from satellite? I don't know the bitrate on Freeview, but this sample cap, which was uploaded earlier here was quite blocky... :(
http://www.multiupload.com/DB1HGSFFJ7

I would have recorded this also from satellite, but wasn't at home these days, so couldn't set the timer... :(

Oh, and yeah, +1 for the big torrent, I can't use the Usenet. :(
Thumbs up for last hours in raw quality!
By neilt0
Dexs wrote:Hi there! Newbie here, but really loved Longest Show Ever, so would love to get the best quality cap available from Red Button. As I read, cap from satellite is missing some last hours. Is there anyone with these missing hours, also capped from satellite? I don't know the bitrate on Freeview, but this sample cap, which was uploaded earlier here was quite blocky... :(

That sample looks very similar to the sat cap. Did you actually download it, or were you trying to watch it on MegaVideo or something?

The final hours from Freeview (as long as they are not recoded) should be perfectly fine.
By jamiec21
neilt0 wrote:
Dexs wrote:Hi there! Newbie here, but really loved Longest Show Ever, so would love to get the best quality cap available from Red Button. As I read, cap from satellite is missing some last hours. Is there anyone with these missing hours, also capped from satellite? I don't know the bitrate on Freeview, but this sample cap, which was uploaded earlier here was quite blocky... :(

That sample looks very similar to the sat cap. Did you actually download it, or were you trying to watch it on MegaVideo or something?

The final hours from Freeview (as long as they are not recoded) should be perfectly fine.

The sample cap from Freeview was uploaded by me and wasn't reencoded at all, that's the raw feed. Unfortunately, due to capacity issues, the Freeview stream of the Red Button is broadcast at a lower resolution and bitrate as the Satellite/Cable streams. But unless someone else can come up with an another Satellite/Cable source, the Freeview cap will be the best we get. Still light years ahead of a website rip, be thankful for that.
By neilt0
The first four segments from the satellite capture are now up on Usenet: http://www.nzbindex.nl/search/?q=chrism ... m=1&more=0

Code: Select allchrismoyles.net.marathon.show.04.Hours10-12.04-Weds-15.30-18.30.par2.nzbchrismoyles.net.marathon.show.04.Hours10-12.04_Weds_15.30_18.30.par2

chrismoyles.net.marathon.show.03.Hours7-9.03-Weds-12.30-15.30.par2.nzbchrismoyles.net.marathon.show.03.Hours7-9.03_Weds_12.30_15.30.par2

chrismoyles.net.marathon.show.02.Hours4-6.02-Weds-9.30-12.30.par2.nzbchrismoyles.net.marathon.show.02.Hours4-6.02_Weds_9.30_12.30.par2

chrismoyles.net.marathon.show.01.Hours1-3.01-Weds-6.30-9.30.par2.nzbchrismoyles.net.marathon.show.01.Hours1-3.01_Weds_6.30_9.30.par2

Thanks again to our anonymous benefactor!
By roblawton
Woke up this morning to find my whole audio archive missing...

I'm currently chatting with MobileMe support to see what happened... Although the video files are up there now!

Will keep everyone updated...
By Dexs
jamiec - I'm thankful, thank you very much! :) But aspiration for the best quality available out there is my passion... :)
Bitrate on satellite's red button (the last time, when I recorded F-1 last season) was approximately 3 Mbps.
By MyPurpleUndercrackers
roblawton wrote:Woke up this morning to find my whole audio archive missing...

I'm currently chatting with MobileMe support to see what happened... Although the video files are up there now!

Will keep everyone updated...

If MobileMe can't help i`m sure a few of us have the pieces of the archive we can get back to you. I have 16 hours worth as I was going to get the rest to put on my ipod today. Send me a private message and i`ll try and upload them somewhere if you need.

Also - With the video coverage - the whole above chat confuses a rookie like me to the whole video uploading thing. Does anyone have it, or is it possible to author it down to DVD size chunks- would be great to get it on discas well as on me PC.
By neilt0
MyPurpleUndercrackers wrote:If MobileMe can't help i`m sure a few of us have the pieces of the archive we can get back to you. I have 16 hours worth as I was going to get the rest to put on my ipod today. Send me a private message and i`ll try and upload them somewhere if you need.

Also - With the video coverage - the whole above chat confuses a rookie like me to the whole video uploading thing. Does anyone have it, or is it possible to author it down to DVD size chunks- would be great to get it on discas well as on me PC.

AUDIO:
I'm currently grabbing the whole shebang via Radio Downloader. I always leave the music in, though.

VIDEO:
One person has a nice satellite capture from the START -> FRIDAY 2am and is sharing it via Usenet. So far, the first 12 hours have been shared.
One other person has the remainder in a nice Freeview cap, but hasn't yet shared it.

Once all the video has been shared, it should be trivial to burn it on to DVD. You'd be looking at around 10 DVD5s. Personally, I stopped using DVDRs about 5 years ago. Hard drives and Network Media Players all the way, baby!
By bmstinton93
neilt0 wrote:
MyPurpleUndercrackers wrote:If MobileMe can't help i`m sure a few of us have the pieces of the archive we can get back to you. I have 16 hours worth as I was going to get the rest to put on my ipod today. Send me a private message and i`ll try and upload them somewhere if you need.

AUDIO:
I'm currently grabbing the whole shebang via Radio Downloader. I always leave the music in, though.

VIDEO:
One person has a nice satellite capture from the START -> FRIDAY 2am and is sharing it via Usenet. So far, the first 12 hours have been shared.
One other person has the remainder in a nice Freeview cap, but hasn't yet shared it.

Once all the video has been shared, it should be trivial to burn it on to DVD. You'd be looking at around 10 DVD5s. Personally, I stopped using DVDRs about 5 years ago. Hard drives and Network Media Players all the way, baby!

You can upload all the audio as well if you like. It might be nice to have a version with the music in as well
By neilt0
bmstinton93 wrote:You can upload all the audio as well if you like. It might be nice to have a version with the music in as well

Why? Just install Radio Downloader and do it yourself!
By roblawton
A lot of my videos are available now in HQ to download here

Basically running from Friday 00:00 all the way to the 10:15. I'm just editing the last link but I think I missed 5-10 minutes around that time.

- As for audio, I'm going to re-download everything on Monday just in case MobileMe can't help restoring my archive.

Thank you both!!