Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
By roblawton
I've figured out how to pull the files off my FreeviewHD so the Jimmy Carr segment will be up before I go to bed.

Then I"m recording the overnight stuff, the morning show and all the way through till 20:30... Or later if they carry on!

Will hope to share what I can soon!
By roblawton
OK, It's just finished converting and it's taken a good few hours!

It was recorded at 20:55 - 21:55 so it's got Jimmy Carr, Vernon Kay and all the juicy bits inbetween!

It's just over 1GB (It is 576i near HD after all!) and is formatted perfect for iTunes and the iPad.

The file is in the famous folder >>> here <<<

(Direct link here)

It's .mp4 so will play on pretty much anything you have

Enjoy! Na Na Night!

(Visit here for regular updates!)
By RyanBridgwood
Rob, im getting slightly confused by the first few recordings, I can't work out what times they are, I click certain ones and its same clip? Or am I totally confusing myself?
By RyanBridgwood
Okay let me expand on that: You have the first three files, the 59.59 ones, so that takes us up to 9.28/9 ish. Then you have that 1.07 file, but at the end of that 1.07 minute file it goes to the next 59.99 file so the 5th one in the list, but that doesnt match up e.g. the audio doesn't carry on from where it just was, the pre news jingle, theres a bit of audio missing when Chris says the wrong time, because Dom picks up on it, which is the start of the fifth file.
By mrjon1976
hi...great work here....

having issues with the greg james & nick grimshaw {parts 3 & 7} as the files have only downloaded a tenth of what they should have done....
By roblawton
RyanBridgwood wrote:Okay let me expand on that: You have the first three files, the 59.59 ones, so that takes us up to 9.28/9 ish. Then you have that 1.07 file, but at the end of that 1.07 minute file it goes to the next 59.99 file so the 5th one in the list, but that doesnt match up e.g. the audio doesn't carry on from where it just was, the pre news jingle, theres a bit of audio missing when Chris says the wrong time, because Dom picks up on it, which is the start of the fifth file.

I've just figured it out.

File - %Chris Moyles Marathon 20110316 0828.mp3 - Takes you from 08:28-09:28
Then - %Chris Moyles Marathon 20110316 0928-0929.mp3 - Takes you into 09:29
But - %Chris Moyles Marathon 20110316 0930.mp3 - Starts at 09:30

This is when I had the problems with the file saves and had to break transmission! LOL

I'll get it edited and fixed tomorrow but at least it's only a minute :)
By Bluestraw
I've got audio from the entire thing, and satellite-captured red-button video up to 2.12am Friday morning (then 10.19-10.30am, i.e. once I realised the recording failed from 2.12!). Happy to help with clips if needed, let me know. Can post the entire video stream to Usenet if there's interest? Would appreciate help with my missing video too...
By neilt0
wireman2004 wrote:http://thebox.bz/browse.php?incldead=0&search=chris+moyles&nonboolean=1

Its a seeding website, so after you download, and i recomend getting free seeds so you can get your ratio up, and you will need utorrent... But Here is a website where you can get the webstreams... all edited and in 9 parts so far. rest hopefully too come

The videos on thebox are pretty good (they are not the web streams, they are recodes of the TV broadcasts -- so are better quality than web rips), but I think there is part of the first show missing -- and it's a good bit; where Dave shows us the bedroom. However, I captured the web stream of that.
The uploader also hasn't uploaded any of the night portion of that first day, but has started on the morning of the second day already. Hopefully the rest of the first day will go up, but if not, there is still room for some kind person to share the full TV broadcast.
If all the shows go up and there is just that bedroom bit missing, I can fill that gap.

If you have the HQ TV feed and want to share, but are concerned about the file size, contact me.

The Gold Standard would be a raw rip of a stream recording (not recoding) Freeview box or Freeview tuner on a PC.
Almost as good would be an MP4 recode of a direct stream rip at around 1 to 1.5mbps VBR. That's what's going up on thebox and it looks excellent.
By neilt0
babbel wrote:
wireman2004 wrote:http://thebox.bz/browse.php?incldead=0& ... nboolean=1

... gets me a 404-error?

You need to be a member, and logged in.
By jamiec21
neilt0 wrote:The Gold Standard would be a raw rip of a stream recording (not recoding) Freeview box or Freeview tuner on a PC.
Almost as good would be an MP4 recode of a direct stream rip at around 1 to 1.5mbps VBR. That's what's going up on thebox and it looks excellent.

I *think* I have until the end of the first part of Scott's show (0630 - 1745) as a working raw rip. After that is when my recording started to go funny. I might Rapidshare them up and then upload them over a nighttime.
By asy1mpo
Tried to join thebox forum but got a database error :(

Think I will wait a few days and see if all the shows up online - audio and video.

Great work everyone!
By jamiec21
asy1mpo wrote:Tried to join thebox forum but got a database error :(

Yeah same here. I * hate private torrent sites and their bullshit rules run by fascist mods.

If anyone can Multiupload the vids they get from thebox and post the links here, I'd be grateful. I will Multiupload my raw recording of the first 11 hours this way over the next couple of nights. There's a batch uploader program available from the website which will make this a cinch. Here's a short sample clip.

http://www.multiupload.com/DB1HGSFFJ7
By Johnny 1989
Thank you to all involved with this, fantastic efforts all, I remember when I used to do all this, kind of miss doing it but at the same time I sadly can't be asked to do any at the mo, wish I could get back into editing though.
By bmstinton93
ianpwilliams wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:Sorry if I have missed any out. Just let me know

I've uploaded all of the rest now, if you want to add the links here too.

Yeah I'll do it either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. I'll try and update the other thread as well unless johnny gets time before me
By neilt0
OK, for users of Usenet, and thanks to another forum user (who wants remain anonymous, but is now officially a megastar), a broadcast-quality capture of most of the Red Button TV Show is now going up.

Part one is now up:

header:
Code: Select allchrismoyles.net.marathon.show.01.Hours1-3.01-Weds-6.30-9.30

URL for NZB: http://www.binsearch.info/?q=chrismoyle ... 00&server=

This is a red-button stream captured directly on a PC via a DVB-S2 satellite tuner card from the start until 2.11am Friday (after which it failed). The total size is roughly 43GB (for all 43.5 hours).
It will continue in 3 hour segments up to around 2am on the Friday morning. I'll post in this thread as new segments go up.

We should hopefully be able to fill in the remaining 8.5 hours with other captures from lovely people.

For those who are not using Usenet, I'm sure someone can make a torrent. Both of my servers are currently being upgraded, so I can't torrent at the moment, but if no-one else does it, I'll definitely make a torrent at some time in the future.

For those who are bandwidth or storage-challenged, this cap should be useful as a master for making smaller encodes. It's fantastic quality, I measured it at about 3mbps -- around 2x the bitrate of Freeview.
Last edited by neilt0 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By c_radical
neilt0 wrote:OK, for users of Usenet, and thanks to another forum user (who wants remain anonymous, but is now officially a megastar), a broadcast-quality capture of most of the Red Button TV Show is now going up.

Part one is now up:

header:
Code: Select allchrismoyles.net.marathon.show.01.Hours1-3.01-Weds-6.30-9.30

URL for NZB: http://www.binsearch.info/?q=chrismoyle ... 00&server=

If you don't mind me asking, what's the best way of going about setting up Usenet? I'm a massive torrent and DDL user but never ventured into Usenet really.
By neilt0
c_radical wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what's the best way of going about setting up Usenet? I'm a massive torrent and DDL user but never ventured into Usenet really.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22240&hilit=usenet&start=40#p422007

The server mentioned above may not be active. Personally, I'd used SABnzbd and a free trial from somewhere like GigaNews -- you can get a free 14-day trial from GN.

Here's another guide: http://www.slyck.com/Newsgroups_Guide

Usenet is not as easy to get going with as Torrents, but it's the best way to maximise your line speed.
By Nicola_Red
If someone wants to torrent it, my flatmate is happy to seed it for a week or two.

Thank you both!!