The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By neilt0
"It's barely been a fortnight since James Rea was announced as Richard Park's replacement at Global and already there are some big changes being mooted.

Chief among the rumours is that they're considering not renewing Chris Moyles' contract at Radio X as he costs a fortune and hasn't been able to pick up the ratings they'd always hoped he would. In the cold, calculating battle of Cost v Listeners, they've found that Johnny Vaughan is much better value – and the feeling is that they don't need them both."

https://popbitch.com/latest-email/
neilt0 wrote:"It's barely been a fortnight since James Rea was announced as Richard Park's replacement at Global and already there are some big changes being mooted.

Chief among the rumours is that they're considering not renewing Chris Moyles' contract at Radio X as he costs a fortune and hasn't been able to pick up the ratings they'd always hoped he would. In the cold, calculating battle of Cost v Listeners, they've found that Johnny Vaughan is much better value – and the feeling is that they don't need them both."

https://popbitch.com/latest-email/

Sad if true but Chris seems to have been laying the groundwork, such as that interview with James O B the other week.

Now, there’s another radio presenter on a different station (off topic) but in terms of industry changes, I’d be MUCH more worried...

Mind you I’d put the flags out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually, now I’ve just heard Mike Walsh is finishing up today, coupled with Dominic’s training being mentioned again plus the previously mentioned JOB interview, I think there could be something in this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well it does add up ratings have not been a runaway success and in comparison to Evans (albeit he's even more expensive than Moyles) it's not surprising they'd look for a better value for money option.

Richard Park's gone so that's a big ally of Moyles out the door and depsite Ashley being an ex-flatmate etc. I think as I said early in the year when Evans' RAJARs came out it's more and more likely that this is it (or very close to it maybe see out the year then JV takes over).

Now it might be a bit of a bargaing tactic and they could end agreeing a lesser contract and/or switch slots but 4 years is a good run and if the JOB podcast was anything to go by maybe Chris has had enough too.