The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By bmstinton93
Topher wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:That Nigel Farage reference certainly works wonders on me...

He's the leader of UKIP and an utter, utter * who is privately educated and pretending to be like the rest of us.

I actually knew that surprisingly...
By Topher
Haha!
By Topher
Oh that is one of the worst programmes in the history of TV.

Anyway... Farage on Question Time AGAIN next week.
By The Deadly
He's tremendous value and an excellent public speaker it can't be denied. The BBC want the interest and ratings.
By Turicum
Badger Mark wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:Dave's 40th birthday party got a mention on Grimmy's show today. Matt mentioned that he and Tina went and Nick complained (jokingly) that he didn't get an invite, then he wished Dave a happy belated birthday. No mention of whether Chris was there... :)

So that suggests that Dave and Matt did get along during their time together on the show. I had always been under the impression that neither really cared much for the other.

I remember Chris and Dave making fun of Matt and Dave saying something along the lines of he does like Matt, they just like making fun of him from time to time and Chris saying that he doesn't like Matt. It seems that Chris was joking but who knows.

I'm more surprised that Tina was there to be honest. Didn't think she and Dave were still in touch or liked each other much during the show.
By Badger Mark
Turicum wrote:
Badger Mark wrote:
So that suggests that Dave and Matt did get along during their time together on the show. I had always been under the impression that neither really cared much for the other.

I remember Chris and Dave making fun of Matt and Dave saying something along the lines of he does like Matt, they just like making fun of him from time to time and Chris saying that he doesn't like Matt. It seems that Chris was joking but who knows.

I'm more surprised that Tina was there to be honest. Didn't think she and Dave were still in touch or liked each other much during the show.

I agree. I was also a bit surprised that Tina was there. I pretty much assumed that Dave and her didn't bother staying in contact with each other once the show ended.
By Badger Mark
A bit off-topic but, I was listening to the most recent Kermode and Mayo movie review show and Stephen Mangan was their guest. I was really struck by how much he sounded like Dom. His voice is slightly lower in pitch than Dom's, but his speech pattern and accent was very similar. At least to my ears.
By Turicum
Everyone will probably know this but I was surprised to find out that the Capitol Breakfast Show won Gold at the Radio Academy Awards (formerly known as the Sony Awards).
http://www.radioacademyawards.org/winne ... egory_id=7

I only listened when Dom joined, is he only reading the news or does he have a more prominent role? I'm just purely guessing here but I guess he was let go from the BBC because he was freestaff (Tina was able to stay). And if he had been employed by the BBC he might have now a more senior job at BBC Newsbeat maybe. As I said that's my assumption.
By Topher
Iain Lee won that for the under 10 million listeners category. I am finding him quite funny at the moment. Some silly old woman rang up this morning to say that she always listens, but she may well be turning off now and he said "Oh no, don't do that! Do you have a RAJAR diary?" When she said no, he said "ah well, I'm not really bothered then". Tickled me, it did.
By The Deadly
Dom has released a children's song which is currently number 2 in the kids iTunes chart. What an odd turn of events.
By Nicola_Red
Topher wrote:Iain Lee won that for the under 10 million listeners category. I am finding him quite funny at the moment. Some silly old woman rang up this morning to say that she always listens, but she may well be turning off now and he said "Oh no, don't do that! Do you have a RAJAR diary?" When she said no, he said "ah well, I'm not really bothered then". Tickled me, it did.

Mr Red and I are re-watching Lost at the moment so I've been re-listening to the podcasts that he did, and they're very amusing. I've never actually listened to his radio show - maybe I should give the podcasts from that a try.

Also I must hear this song by Dom.
By Topher
I didn't know he did podcasts on Lost. He's pretty good, it's got serious moments and interviews and taking the piss out of callers as well. This morning he tied a guy in knots who thought he shouldn't have to pay so much maintenance for his kids.
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, when it was on channel 4 it was called UK Lost and then when it moved to Sky they retained him and the team and renamed it the Lost Initiative. I never particularly liked him on TV before that, but the podcasts were great. I didn't keep all the c4 ones and I wish I had, but thankfully I did keep all of seasons 3-6. Obviously the hoarding instinct I gained from keeping all the Moyles stuff kicked in at some point :)
By Badger Mark
I'm currently listening to the late November 2005 shows and they've been talking about the 1st season of Lost quite a bit. It's making me think I need to go back and re-watch at least the first season since I have it on DVD. With everything else I'm watching though it'll be difficult to find the time.
By Nicola_Red
Ooh, do it! This is my fourth viewing and it's still as amazing as ever.
By G-Sizzle
I know it's a popular thing to bash the end of Lost, but it really was the most anti-climatic ending of a tv show ever for me.

It was gutting because I was genuinely hooked on it.
By Nicola_Red
Oh no, really? I absolutely loved it. We're just moving into season 5, so it isn't too far away now. Looking forward to seeing if I cry this time!
By Topher
I never saw Lost... it sort of appealed to me, but Heroes appealed to me more and I didn't want to get into both.
By Nicola_Red
I watched the pilot of Heroes but didn't really like it. I'm sure we've discussed it in the tv thread :) I get so into Lost every time I rewatch it that I'm on the verge of buying another T shirt, I don't have one at the moment.
By Badger Mark
Nicola_Red wrote:I watched the pilot of Heroes but didn't really like it. I'm sure we've discussed it in the tv thread :) I get so into Lost every time I rewatch it that I'm on the verge of buying another T shirt, I don't have one at the moment.

The first season of Heroes was outstanding. The second season was pretty good IMO (although not as good as the first). From there it went downhill fast. Can't believe they want to re-boot it.
By Badger Mark
The Deadly wrote:Dom has released a children's song which is currently number 2 in the kids iTunes chart. What an odd turn of events.

Saw this interview linked to by Dom on his twitter page. It's about his new children's song, although at the end there's a couple of indirect references to his time on the show.

http://upallhours.com/news/jumping-song-dom-byrne/

Thank you both!!