The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Nicola_Red
Dave's 40th birthday party got a mention on Grimmy's show today. Matt mentioned that he and Tina went and Nick complained (jokingly) that he didn't get an invite, then he wished Dave a happy belated birthday. No mention of whether Chris was there... :)
By Topher
Did he?
By Nicola_Red
Ha, I missed that too! I've lost track of twitter a bit over the past few weeks.
By Topher
I think I've worked out what he's referring to. He patently did not call him a fat * - he displayed a picture from Viz referring to him that happened to call Chris Moyles a fat * - that is different. You may as well be working for The Sun there, Ben.
By Nicola_Red
Oh yeah, that's not the same at all...
By Sidders
David wrote:In Chris's first book he talks about a time when a big boss at Radio 1 wanted Dave off the afternoon show.

I don't remember reading that either to be honest.
By Badger Mark
Nicola_Red wrote:Dave's 40th birthday party got a mention on Grimmy's show today. Matt mentioned that he and Tina went and Nick complained (jokingly) that he didn't get an invite, then he wished Dave a happy belated birthday. No mention of whether Chris was there... :)

So that suggests that Dave and Matt did get along during their time together on the show. I had always been under the impression that neither really cared much for the other.
By Topher
* hell Sidders.
By Johnny 1989
Topher wrote:I think I've worked out what he's referring to. He patently did not call him a fat * - he displayed a picture from Viz referring to him that happened to call Chris Moyles a fat * - that is different. You may as well be working for The Sun there, Ben.

See some have thought the same as Ben on there though.
By bmstinton93
Topher wrote:I think I've worked out what he's referring to. He patently did not call him a fat * - he displayed a picture from Viz referring to him that happened to call Chris Moyles a fat * - that is different. You may as well be working for The Sun there, Ben.

I can guarantee I am not the only forum member to think this...
By Sidders
Haven't Viz always referred to Chris as 'Fat *'? I seem to remember my Viz loving friend referring to Moyles as Fat * even back in '98. Howdy kids.
By Johnny 1989
Sidders wrote:Haven't Viz always referred to Chris as 'Fat *'? I seem to remember my Viz loving friend referring to Moyles as Fat * even back in '98. Howdy kids.

Yep I've read Viz for years (as well as reading the Guardian ;) :p ) and on the odd occassion they did slag him off.

However you sould read the comments on the facebook page, Noel Edmonds gets quite a bit of abuse.
By Topher
bmstinton93 wrote:

I can guarantee I am not the only forum member to think this...

That does not mean you're right - a significant number of people think Nigel Farage is a nice bloke they could have a pint with. In my opinion, those people are morons.

Ben: the simple fact is that Dave posted someone else's words. Those words largely referred to himself, though they did get in a swipe at Chris too - he couldn't very well post the image proving that he was in Viz and leave the bit about Chris out, could he? Dave may (or may not) think Chris is a fat * - the image he posted proves nothing either way and cannot reasonably be construed as him calling Chris a fat *.
By Topher
bmstinton93 wrote:That Nigel Farage reference certainly works wonders on me...

He's the leader of UKIP and an utter, utter * who is privately educated and pretending to be like the rest of us.
By The Deadly
He's extremely clever though and will change the face of British politics forever come the next election. I'm not a UKIP supporter by any means but your assessment that someone is a "*" because you disagree with their opinion is ridiculous.
By dimtimjim
The Deadly wrote: your assessment that someone is a "*" because you disagree with their opinion is ridiculous.

I disagree. You *.

:wink:
By Topher
The Deadly wrote:He's extremely clever though and will change the face of British politics forever come the next election. I'm not a UKIP supporter by any means but your assessment that someone is a "*" because you disagree with their opinion is ridiculous.

He will do well in the Europeans, but I suspect (and hope) he still won't get a single MP in the General Election.

I never said I thought he was a * because I disagree with him - I detest his politics, that's true, but frankly he comes across as a * every single time he's on TV (and there are many times - considering he's got no MPs, it's ridiculous that he's given so much air time). Furthermore, his private education and dodgy expenses show him to be no better than the political classes he claims to be so different from. Also, he generally turns a blind eye to the racist, homophobic nut jobs that his activists increasingly show themselves up to be. UKIP are the BNP for the middle classes I'm afraid - so he is their version of Nick Griffin, who I would also call a complete and utter *.
By The Deadly
Well explained.

Unfortunately for UKIP it appears the Tories have begun to turn the economic situation around which is a complete disaster for the UKIP general election campaign. A lot of disillusioned Tories (me included) will probably end up voting Conservative again rather than protesting by voting UKIP. UKIP needed the country to grind to a financial halt in order to gain MP's.
By Topher
The economic situation may be turning round on paper, but whose pockets is the extra money going into? All this talk of boosting the economy and we're doing so well now is perverse, given the numbers of people using food banks. As a country we're stinking rich - that hasn't changed, we're the sixth or seventh richest country in the world, but the balance of the wealth is so ridiculously tilted in the direction of the very, very wealthy and that's where the economy is doing well. Unfortunately, the poor are still poor - but then Cameron and his mates don't give a shit about those. They'll privatise services on the cheap for their wealthy mates to buy up and * people over with and won't even worry about getting re-elected, because there'll be a cushy, extremely well-paid job on the other side of the election as a reward for doing a grand job making their posh, rich friends even richer.

Yay, go economy.

Thank you both!!