The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By The Deadly
Dave will do just fine over on 5Live. He comes across really well on that station all the times I've heard him on there.
By MK Chris
Dave has been the only constant on the show since Chris started at Radio 1, I think they'll work together - and as for Dom, I hope he moves with them, but I do have the same feelings... I guess he's primarily a newsreader, but then he would have known the risks when he went freelance, I wonder if there's some contract still going for him - after all, he does a bit of news on Fearne's show too, doesn't he?
By Martyn B
Do you really think Chris would just dump Dave and Dom? I dont think so.

And the end of the day, what they have is more then just a radio show, its a 'product'.

A bit like when Big Brother left Channel 4. Channel 5 snapped it because of the massive cult following that the show had. I'm sure someone, somewhere is trying to get something sorted for them, because after all, who wouldn't want 8m listeners?
By The Deadly
I don't think its a case of "dumping" Dave and Dom. Dave probably could have done a lot more elsewhere but for his commitments to the show and I am just thinking that now might be the time for him to have his own succesful broadcasting career. For all the ribbing he got for the Olympic show he did on 5 Live it was really good and I'd be shocked if he didn't get a long running show off the back of it.

If they were to stay together it would be good if they did a "Man Show", advertise it just for men and do it late night. When focussing their attention just on men the female audience will go up by a lot. Same thing happened with Yorkie and their "Not for girls" ad campaign, sales with women went up an estimated 200%
Last edited by The Deadly on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By James H
I agree with you Deadly, I think Dave is massively underrated as a broadcaster and he could well go far on his own.

Maybe now is the time to step out of Chris' shadow?
By dimtimjim
James H wrote:Maybe now is the time to step out of Chris' shadow?

That'll be a long walk....! :wink:

(I know, he's lost a lot of weight, shhhh)
By James H
dimtimjim wrote:
James H wrote:Maybe now is the time to step out of Chris' shadow?

That'll be a long walk....! :wink:

(I know, he's lost a lot of weight, shhhh)

Even better time because he physically couldn't in 2004! :D

On that note, I saw a picture in the Sun showing him in 2004 and now, the difference is amazing!
By Turicum
I think that Dave probably also need to go on hiw own re money. Dom and Dave both have families to support and most likely earn less than Chris now so they probably won't be able to take off a couple of months or "just" read the news on Fearnes show. They might feel the pressure of getting enough work to provide for their families.

Of course, I'm only guessing here
By James H
Speaking of Dom:

"Exciting night for me. Going to be the voice over man for the new ITV1 show Superstar. Can't wait. Will try and get a pic with Lord Webber!"
By Emmy
James H wrote:Speaking of Dom:

"Exciting night for me. Going to be the voice over man for the new ITV1 show Superstar. Can't wait. Will try and get a pic with Lord Webber!"

I wonder how he got that gig?
By Emmy
chrysostom wrote:I'm pretty sure that Emmy was referring to the link with Chris.

I was indeed, and it wasn't an actual question Deadly, I was being sarcastic.
By Nicola_Red
I think Deadly may have been being sarcastic too...
By wireman2004
Everything is on chris here in the threads... Can we spare a thought for dave and Dom...

Tina is BBC Staff as is aled and co. so will be fine for a job in the future. BUT, Dom and dave are freelance.

WHAT IF Ben cooper only keeps chris and Dave and dom are left without.

Dave should be ok with his increasing 5 live gigs. But dom. Would they go with a BBC newsbeat reader when nick grimshaw starts... Dom Could be left out in the cold when the CMS ends.
By Nicola_Red
I'm sure Dave will continue his work on 5 Live, and Dom does lots of voiceover work now, as well as being on Peppa Pig!
By The Deadly
Dom would go to a new show with Chris id imagine. As Nicola said Dom does a lot of voice over work away from the show anyway. As for Dave he should take this chance to branch out and be his own man. Him and Chris have been a great partnership over the years but all good things come to an end.
By Nicola_Red
Mark and Lard continued to work together on occasion after their show finished, so hopefully Chris and Dave will too.

Thank you both!!